Author Topic: Paid Tha Cost is a fucking dope album!  (Read 363 times)

bez

Paid Tha Cost is a fucking dope album!
« on: February 09, 2003, 06:01:25 PM »
I have had it for a while....I have bumped mostly Batman & Robin, Pimp Slapped, From Da Chuurch To Da Palace and Lollipop.  But I sat and listened to the whole album yesterday with my headphones on (Which I think are always better to listen to music through) and the album is fucking dope.  Every track on it was dope and I nodded my head and tapped my feet to each track.  Fucking dizzzzzzope.

Big BpG

Re:Paid Tha Cost is a fucking dope album!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 06:05:53 PM »
I wish..........i could feel this way

-Bluey

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 06:22:24 PM »

That's the way I feel.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 07:28:22 PM »
I have had it for a while....I have bumped mostly Batman & Robin, Pimp Slapped, From Da Chuurch To Da Palace and Lollipop.  But I sat and listened to the whole album yesterday with my headphones on (Which I think are always better to listen to music through) and the album is fucking dope.  Every track on it was dope and I nodded my head and tapped my feet to each track.  Fucking dizzzzzzope.
Agree with that ...the way I feel is...to like this album u have to Like music in general because this record is versatile.Honestly I used to hate the fact that the cd wasnt Straight WESTCOAST but after a few listening...I was feeling this record..its versatile and I like that...I Believe In You & The One & Only are one of the best songs he did since leavin Death Row ...the only thing I hate about the album is the Jelly Roll Tracks wich fucked the album Bigg Time...anyway this could be the Westcoast flop of the year but will  be one of the best hiphop/rap album of the year
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 07:33:25 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

verbalassaulta

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 07:37:19 PM »
i downloaded it and i seriously dont think its worth waisting a 60 cent CDR to put this garbage sell out album on...snoops done as far as im concerned

Jome

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 08:44:17 PM »

Me too.
I was so disappointed I haven't even picked it up yet.
Maybe I'll buy it tomorrow when I get the new 50.. if it's on sale yet.

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 09:05:33 PM »
Man I love this album!

I was bumping it again this weekend and I was digging it in a major way. I actually really like the beats Snoop choose for this album and Snoop is AWESOME lyrically on this album.

I think the people that dont like it either wanted it to be more gangsta and have more of a west coast sound, but I loved it even more and think it showed maturity and intelligence from Snoop D O double.

peace
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2003, 10:18:17 PM »

you trippin must be that zima you were sippin

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 10:23:16 PM »
Man I love this album!
Snoop is AWESOME lyrically on this album.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT ARE YOU A FUCKIN IDIOT,  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SNOOP AN AWESOME LYRICALLY HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  this album sucked,  there was about 5 or 6 hot tracks.  i bought my copy used

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 10:40:39 PM »
I got to say that I also love this album.

I bought it the day it came out and have been listening to it since.  From front to back it a really well put together album.  It shifts from the uptempo tracks to the mellow tracks really well, all the beats are tight IMO and snoop brought his flow back to almost all the songs.

Only bad thing about this album is that Snoop only does a full 3 verses like 5 times max which to me shows that he can no longer hold an album all on his own, he needs guests.

Either way, it was one of my favourite albums of 2002.  I think it's time for all the people who liked this album(and they do exist) to stand up and start to defend it, cause it gets so much hate on this board.

platinumk777

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 11:02:01 PM »
It was cool to see Snoop diversify, and try new things, but unfortunately, it just didn't work for him too much. The album is decent, but could've been much better

i downloaded it and i seriously dont think its worth waisting a 60 cent CDR to put this garbage sell out album on...snoops done as far as im concerned

just another person expecting a Doggystyle Part 2  ::)

OmNIsCiUs

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I give up.There aren't any quotes that'll fit here
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 11:14:55 PM »
Yeah MK9's on point. I liked the album but its not the kind of album that I'll be bumping often in the years to come like I did with doggystyle, last meal or even NL Topp Dogg. But yeah when you listen to it it isn't so bad, just the previous works were better lyrically. A lot of the beats were still great, just different. I actually love flute sounds like the one on lollipop.
."".    ."",
     |  |   /  /
     |  |  /  /
     |  | /  /
     |  |/  ;-._
     }  ` _/  / ;
     |  /` ) /  /
     | /  /_/\_/\
     |/  /      |
     (  ' \ '-  |
      \    `.  /
       |      |
       |      |

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 04:43:31 PM »
Man I love this album!
Snoop is AWESOME lyrically on this album.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT ARE YOU A FUCKIN IDIOT,  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SNOOP AN AWESOME LYRICALLY HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  this album sucked,  there was about 5 or 6 hot tracks.  i bought my copy used

Watch your fucking mouth man. Snoop may not be Ras Kass or Crooked I but he spit really well on this album. Better than I ever thought he could.
Fact is: Snoop did his thing and this is a dope album.
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

dexter

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 04:45:35 PM »
Great Cd! Screw them Haters!

verbalassaulta

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 04:52:27 PM »
no i dont expect doggystyle 2...but a decent cd would of been nice