Author Topic: Hiphop doesnt enhance society, it degrades it  (Read 700 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Hiphop doesnt enhance society, it degrades it
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
it is true

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3-7Y0xG89Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r3-7Y0xG89Q</a>
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:32:01 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
Re: Hiphop doesnt enhance society, it degrades it
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »
Why do you think so?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
Just started watchin it and Im about 7 minutes in.

That dude with his accent reading the lyrics out loud is funny as hell.  ;D

midwestryder

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01:50 AM »
it is true

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3-7Y0xG89Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r3-7Y0xG89Q</a>
no it is not true . society was already like this before hip hop . the man is just trying someone else to blame as normal . Hiphop wakes society up, it does not degrade it at all. because hip hopo & rap are just showing & telling what was already there..  so society degraded its self years before hip hop .

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »
About 1 hour and 10 minutes in: That discussion with the words bitches and white girls is just so fuckin ignorant.
The people bringing up those lyrics, from Kanye songs, should at least know the meaning of the words in stead of just hammering on about how offensive it is to women.
KRS-One even says ''white girl in hip-hop means cocain'' and then this writer next to him says that is not the case. I mean wtf...

and Kanyes lyrics ''You know how many hot bitches I own'' was also up for debate while this time the ''coded language is about cars'' .
Once again these ignorant hip-hop haters denied that the line was about cars.

Like Budden said its pretty obvious these people hear what they wanna hear and they are IN NO WAY INTERESTED IN SEEKING KNOWLEDGE!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:37:46 AM »
Didn't watch, but I'll say this. It's entertainment. Just like movies. If you don't get that, you're a moron. The Godfather was about criminals killing each other over power, does that mean people shouldn't watch it? Sometimes its dumb (Transformers), sometimes its shock value (Human Centipede) and sometimes its art (A Beautiful Mind). Sometimes its violence and art combined (A Clockwork Orange). But at the end of the day its all entertainment.

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:58 AM »
Agreed^^

Most rap music is throwaway trash like all forms of entertainment (some of it reaches to an artform tho of course) so if you're gonna bash the genre as a whole the debate is pointless.

There's nothing more ignorant that hearing "fucc a bitch shit, gobble a nutt and eat a dicc" type shit, so hiphops always gonna be an easy target (especially to non genre fans, who can't tell when something's just meant to sound funny, or not be taken seriously).

We all know it can be poetic, and a positive creative outlet. And you can still cuss in music as a form of expression without being offensive - just like I can enjoy Reservoir Dogs, the blood, violence and swearing and still call it high art. Clockwork Orange is a great example because there really was examples of copycat crime and disorder indirectly caused by its existence. But should the film not been made, or the book it was adapted from not written?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 03:15:25 PM »
it is true

no it is not true . society was already like this before hip hop . the man is just trying someone else to blame as normal . hip hop wakes society up, it does not degrade it at all. because hip hop is just showing & telling what was already there..  so society degraded its self years before hip hop .
this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
The only thing that was degraded was mike madsen by his step father after he face fucked him whole he was eleven.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
Agreed^^

Most rap music is throwaway trash like all forms of entertainment (some of it reaches to an artform tho of course) so if you're gonna bash the genre as a whole the debate is pointless.

There's nothing more ignorant that hearing "fucc a bitch shit, gobble a nutt and eat a dicc" type shit, so hiphops always gonna be an easy target (especially to non genre fans, who can't tell when something's just meant to sound funny, or not be taken seriously).

We all know it can be poetic, and a positive creative outlet. And you can still cuss in music as a form of expression without being offensive - just like I can enjoy Reservoir Dogs, the blood, violence and swearing and still call it high art. Clockwork Orange is a great example because there really was examples of copycat crime and disorder indirectly caused by its existence. But should the film not been made, or the book it was adapted from not written?

for once, i agree wit ur post.
but - you're way too old to listen to "new" hiphop anyway (& u can't relate to any of it whatsoever), so ur opinion isnt relevant or valid to be honest
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:02:53 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »
I listen to rap cause the man holds me back and I wouldnt be n diz ghetto if it werent for him and his lawz
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
 I think it goes both ways, yes it makes some people act like idiots/influence people in bad ways but it dose also open peoples eyes and educate, bring people together, etc.
 But yeah its like anything, movies have been mentioned but video games always getting blamed for shit too.

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
This whole topic is summed up well in Crooked I's Tuck Ya Ice freestlye

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »
if u read into it , i think it's true in a way.
an example: the posterchild-artists of Hiphop today, have added to the tarnishing of  the general impression of the  young black man today.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:44:23 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
70's, 80's, 90's hip-hop was the greatest thing ever created by Western culture.   It certainly enhanced society overall.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)