Author Topic: Exclusive Interview with King T (New Release, Dre, Likwit & More)  (Read 891 times)

Will_B

Re: Exclusive Interview with King T (New Release, Dre, Likwit & More)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 01:51:45 AM »
same thing wit the NWA-era,,, D.J. Yella didnt make or break the hits or teh great N.W.A.stuff - Dre did that.
Colin Wolfe or Daz,,, didnt make or break hits or the great stuff on teh first "Chronic" - Dre did that.

Wow what a surprise, you're saying Dre was responsible for making the Chronic good?
What a revelation, thanks for that pin-point observation that also has nothing to do with post 2000 Dre. :loco:

The 5 good tracks from Dre since 2000 you list doesn't equal his music (and lyrical) production as a whole declining.

The shit he's done with Busta Rhymes is very dope though you're right. A good example of Dre needing to work with really talented guys to 'have a cake to ice'. This is exactly what I'm getting at.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »

All this shit about 'Dre knows a hit, if it ain't right don't put it out' is ok, but Dre fell off hard without OGs like King T in his camp.

and how did Dre fell off without King T? 
Dre had one of his creative peaks in music, during the early Eminem era.

"without OG's in his camp"

Dre's output has gradually been watered down. It last peaked in 1999/2000...and has gotten steadily worse ever since. The people he's working with now don't compare to the OG artists in their prime.
i gotta agree homie. the soundscapes dre did for king t then sounds better than the shit he did for em and 50 both. dre's dope regardless thoguh. it woulda been dope to see what dre coulda did musically wit niggas like ren or king t other than what we've heard from them already.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:58 AM »
same thing wit the NWA-era,,, D.J. Yella didnt make or break the hits or teh great N.W.A.stuff - Dre did that.
Colin Wolfe or Daz,,, didnt make or break hits or the great stuff on teh first "Chronic" - Dre did that.

The 5 good tracks from Dre since 2000 you list doesn't equal his music (and lyrical) production as a whole declining.

The shit he's done with Busta Rhymes is very dope though you're right. A good example of Dre needing to work with really talented guys to 'have a cake to ice'. This is exactly what I'm getting at.

Dre isnt declining or anythin, he's just  in a another era -- u can't expect Dre to sound like what he did on King T's album "kingdom come" from 1997. i know ur old, but years pass by, music evolves, former associates leaves the ship etc - it is what it is, you focus too much on nostalgia.
people get the impression that Dre sounds today, like what he did on his latest singles,,, thing is-- just because he chose to rap on an Alex Kid-beat, that doesnt mean he can't pack a punch wit his production venues today. beats like "Drop a Bomb on Em" and tons of more stuff, shits on the sessions he did for King T back in 1995 or 1996. stuff he did for 50 Cent shits on the King T-sessions. ("i get it in", hold on", "outta control", "nightmares" etc etc). he doesnt need Knoc TurnAl, MC Ren or Hittman,his ghostwriters etc etc  or any of ur so-called washedup "O.G.'s", the team of people he has around him today is makin a good job. granted, a guy like Stu-b Doo was vicious as fuck, but guys like Khalil and Hi-Tek can hold their ground too, & they are better than him.
honestly tho,  i dont even think u know waht ur arguin about.  ur just lettin the argument flow on & ur flippin it around
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:03:41 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »

Dre isnt declining or anythin, he's just  in a another era -- u can't expect Dre to sound like what he did on King T's album "kingdom come" from 1997. i know ur old, but years pass by, music evolves, former associates leaves the ship etc - it is what it is, you focus too much on nostalgia.
people get the impression that Dre sounds today, like what he did on his latest singles,,, thing is-- just because he chose to rap on an Alex Kid-beat, that doesnt mean he can't pack a punch wit his production venues today. beats like "Drop a Bomb on Em" and tons of more stuff, shits on the sessions he did for King T back in 1995 or 1996. stuff he did for 50 Cent shits on the King T-sessions. ("i get it in", hold on" etc etc). he doesnt need Knoc TurnAl, MC Ren or Hittman,his ghostwriters etc etc  or any of ur so-called washedup "O.G.'s", the team of people he has around him today is makin a good job. granted, a guy like Stu-b Doo was vicious as fuck, but guys like Khalil and Hi-Tek can hold their ground too, & they are better than him.
honestly tho,  i dont even think u know waht ur arguin about.  ur just lettin the argument flow on & ur flippin it around

let's not act like those ''o.g.'s'' aren't the reason dre's at where he's at.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
^its not important. he doenst need any of em, and the music isnt automaticaly better just because MC Ren or Knoc Turn Al shows up wit verses. he can pass a beat to Rick Ross or Kendrik Lamar etc etc. the music quality isnt degrading, just beacuse Hittman  or Knoc isnt rappin on it.

and he doesnt need any o.g.'s like Hittman or RBX etc etc to write verses for him either, if he decides to release a single.
he can use anyone in the industry, it doesnt matter - "Stil DRE" was written by Jay-Z, and that was a hit, n it was dope.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:15:21 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
^its not important. he doenst need any of em, and the music isnt automaticaly better just because MC Ren or Knoc Turn Al shows up wit verses. he can pass a beat to Rick Ross or Kendrik Lamar etc etc. the music quality isnt degrading, just beacuse Hittman  or Knoc isnt rappin on it.

and he doesnt need any o.g.'s like Hittman or RBX etc etc to write verses for him either, if he decides to release a single.
he can use anyone in the industry, it doesnt matter - "Stil DRE" was written by Jay-Z, and that was a hit.

hittman wrote some of dre's best verses.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:47 PM »
he can use anyone in teh industry. Hittman is just one rapper, and he doesnt write any better than Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Roscoe, Slim Mobster, Crook or whoever the hell Dre decides to use for a verse.

people focus too much on nostalgia, and think somethin sounds better jsut because it was written or recorded in 1996 or 1997.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
he can use anyone in teh industry. Hittman is just one rapper, and he doesnt write any better than Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Roscoe, Slim Mobster, Crook or whoever the hell Dre decides to use for a verse.

people focus too much on nostalgia, and think somethin sounds better jsut because it was written or recorded in 1996 or 1997.
true but hittman writes better than all those not named jay z, nas, or roscoe. case in point: the verse on popped off written by eminem (i'm sure) is laughable.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
whats so fantastic/perfect about Hittmans writing?

Hittman doesnt make or break Dre's artistry, n he is replaceable.
people can write better verses than him. he can use anyone in the industry, Nas, Jigga, Crook, Eminem - it dont matter at all.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »

Lol at playing the nostalgia card. I could just as easily say you're a Dre groopie...but I'm not.

Take a track like "Drop A Bomb On Me" - sounds not much better than an unfinished leak. And it's 4 1/2 mins on Em rambling and slurring like a drunkard. Nothing stand out about it. Easy for me to say it's not as tightly written, or delivered by Em (also Dre's job to make him sound good on the record). And its musically repetitive, and very basic.

Yes it's mixed well (what you can never knock Dre for). But it's nothing special.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
whats so fantastic/perfect about Hittmans writing?

Hittman doesnt make or break Dre's artistry, n he is replaceable.
people can write better verses than him. he can use anyone in the industry, Nas, Jigga, D.O.C, etc. - it dont matter at all.
true. but he and others are better than those who have been writing for him recently.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

Lol at playing the nostalgia card. I could just as easily say you're a Dre groopie...but I'm not.

Take a track like "Drop A Bomb On Me" - sounds not much better than an unfinished leak. And it's 4 1/2 mins on Em rambling and slurring like a drunkard. Nothing stand out about it. Easy for me to say it's not as tightly written, or delivered by Em (also Dre's job to make him sound good on the record). And its musically repetitive, and very basic.

Yes it's mixed well (what you can never knock Dre for). But it's nothing special.

lol,of course im pullin the nostalgia card on you,
ur crying a river cuz Dre isn't using Knoc Turn Al or Hittman on his team anymore.

"Drop a Bomb ON Em" is dope as fuck,  :rock: the beat
shits on sessions he did for King T and Drauma from your favorite years 1995 or 1996. same thing wit "Drop It", I Get It In", Outta Control", Hold On", "bitch im back", etc etc. there are tons of great beats from Dre, anno 2005+
and Eminems lyrics dont have anythin to do wit the essence of teh beat, dumbass.
u can't evaluate "dopeness" for a instrumental, just because the rapper on it isn't pullin off perfection wit
his performance.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:48:48 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
and Eminems lyrics doesnt have anythin to do wit the essence of teh beat, dumbass.
u can't evaluate "dopeness" for a instrumental, just because the rapper on it isn't pullin off perfection wit
his performance.

You're throwing a good beat away if the dude just rambles over it.

But keep making excuses for Dre if you want to, that's your entitlement.

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »
^im not. im just givin u a hardtime, cuz ur a fuckin faggot  8)

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:42 PM »
^im not. im just givin u a hardtime, cuz ur a fuckin faggot  8)

Wow ok. So you can't have a discussion without having a tantrum when you can't just force your opinion across..

You just wasted both our time...