Author Topic: My Beef With The Oscar Nominations...  (Read 177 times)

Sikotic™

My Beef With The Oscar Nominations...
« on: February 14, 2003, 11:53:05 PM »
They forgot so many good movies, it's ridiculous. They only seemed to remember the movies that came out just before the end of 2002. It should be called the Fall Oscars. What about Road to Perdition? One Hour Photo? Antwone Fisher? Damn so many other good movies I can't think off the top of my head that were eligable for an Oscar were rejected or just not recorgnized.

It's like all award shows these days are completely fixed or rigged. There was a outcry for african american winners last year so they went ahead and gave the top spots to black actors. I mean I don't mind since I am black lol, but it's just proof that the Oscars are BS.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

closetothalimit

Re:My Beef With The Oscar Nominations...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 12:28:54 AM »
oscars have always nominated movies that are in the cinema now or just been - they never have thought about the movies from the start of the year - that does get annoying

but one of my biggest beefs with the oscar nominations this year was that they were stupid enough to nominate a fictional character for best adapted screenplay - anyone that has seen adaptation will know what im talkin about

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 01:39:40 PM »
Yeah that too. Total BS. I mean, I know it has always been like this, but it just pisses me off cuz it's suppose to be the biggest award show.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 08:39:29 PM »
Somebody post nominees and we'll all pick our picks.