Author Topic: Oscar Nominations - Your Predictions  (Read 131 times)

closetothalimit

Oscar Nominations - Your Predictions
« on: February 16, 2003, 03:35:38 AM »
here are all the nominations for all the categories

Best Film:   "Chicago",   "Gangs of New York",   "The Hours",   "LOTR: The Two Towers",   "The Pianist"

Best Actor:     Adrien Brody ("The Pianist"),   Nicolas Cage ("Adaptation"),
Michael Caine ("The Quiet American"),   Daniel Day-Lewis ("Gangs of New York"),   Jack Nicholson ("About Schmidt")

Best Actress:     Salma Hayek ("Frida"),   Nicole Kidman ("The Hours"),
Diane Lane ("Unfaithful"),   Julianne Moore ("Far from Heaven"),   Renee Zellweger ("Chicago")

Best Supporting Actor:     Chris Cooper ("Adaptation"),   Ed Harris ("The Hours"),
Paul Newman ("Road to Perdition"),   John C. Reilly ("Chicago"),   Christopher Walken ("Catch Me If You Can")

Best Supporting Actress:   Kathy Bates ("About Schmidt"),   Julianne Moore ("The Hours"),
Queen Latifah ("Chicago"),   Meryl Streep ("Adaptation"),   Catherine Zeta-Jones ("Chicago")

Best Director:     Rob Marshall ("Chicago"),   Martin Scorsese ("Gangs of New York"),
Stephen Daldry ("The Hours"),   Roman Polanski ("The Pianist"),   Pedro Almodóvar ("Talk to Her")

Best Foreign Film:   "The Crime of Father Amaro",   "Hero",   "The Man Without a Past",   "Nowhere in Africa",   "Zus & Zo"

Best Animated Film:   "Ice Age",   "Lilo & Stitch",   "Spirit",   "Spirited Away",   "Treasure Planet"

Best Original Screenplay:   Todd Haynes ("Far from Heaven"),   Jay Cocks, Steve Zaillian & Ken Lonergan ("Gangs of New York"),   Nia Vardalos ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding"),   Pedro Almodóvar ("Talk to Her"),   Carlos & Alfonso Cuarón ("Y Tu Mama Tambien")

Best Adapted Screenplay:   Peter Hedges, Chris Weitz & Paul Weitz ("About a Boy"),   Charlie & Donald Kaufman ("Adaptation"),   Bill Condon ("Chicago"),   David Hare ("The Hours"),   Ronald Harwood ("The Pianist"),

Best Art Direction:   "Chicago", "Frida", "Gangs of New York", "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", "Road to Perdition"

Best Cinematography:   "Chicago", "Far from Heaven", "Gangs of New York", "Road to Perdition", "The Pianist"

Best Editing:   "Chicago", "Gangs of New York", "The Hours", "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", "The Pianist"

Best Costumes:   "Chicago", "Frida", "Gangs of New York", "The Hours", "The Pianist"

Best Make-Up:   "Frida", "The Time Machine"

Best Visual Effects:   "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", "Spider-Man", "Star Wars: Episode II"

Best Sound:   "Chicago", "Gangs of New York", "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", "Road to Perdition", "Spider-Man"

Best Sound Editing:   "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", "Minority Report", "Road to Perdition"

Best Music Score:   "Catch Me If You Can", "Far from Heaven", "Frida", "Road to Perdition", "The Hours"

Best Song:   "I Move On" by John Kander & Fred Ebb ("Chicago"),   "Lose Yourself" by Eminem ("8 Mile"),   "Burn It Blue" by Julie Taymor & Elliot Goldenthal ("Frida"),   "The Hands that Built America" by U2 ("Gangs of New York"),   "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon ("The Wild Thornberrys")

what are y'all's picks and predictions?

Trauma-san

Re:Oscar Nominations - Your Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 01:18:20 PM »
I won't try and predict, I'll just pick who I think should win.  

Best Film:  Gangs Of new York.  Out of the few nominated, I enjoyed this one the most.  Very interesting, I saw The Pianist and it was too long, I saw Lord of the Rings, and although good, not as good as gangs of new york.

Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis - Gangs of New York.  This guy was perfect in this role.  I really really wanna give it to Jack for About Schmidt, but Daniel Day's was just amazing.

Best actress: I don't like any of these performances, and I dunno if I've seen any of these movies.  Can't call.  

Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Walken: Catch Me If You Can.  He did great.  Like Usual.

Best Supporting Actress: Katherine Bates, About Schmidt.  She was even nude in the movie, LOL.  

Best Director: Scorscese - Gangs of New York

Haven't Seen any of the Foriegn films listed, sadly.

Best Animated : treasure Planet.  I liked it the best out of the others.

Best Original Screenplay: Nia Vardalos ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding") - This was very well written, and funny.  Good movie.

Best Adapted Screenplay: Peter Hedges, Chris Weitz & Paul Weitz ("About a Boy") - It probably won't win, but I thought this was an awesome movie.  

Best Art Direction - Road to Perdition - I don't know why, but I think it was just very well done, it had a mood to it.  Lord of the Rings close second.

Best Cinematography - Gangs of new york.  It was crazy.

Best Editing - honestly I can't remember enough to tell, LOL.

Best Costumes - Gangs of New York

Best Make Up - Don't know, isn't important

Best Visual Effects- Star Wars Episode II - Of course.  Nobody does effects better thanLight & Magic, which Lucas owns.

Best Sound - I would imagine Chicago is a shoe in, since it's a musical.

Best Sound Editing - again, don't remember the editing that much

Best Music Score - Catch Me If You Can - John Williams.  'Nuff Said.

Best Song - Father & Daughter by Paul Simon.  This song is great.  Eminem's Lose Yourself a close second.