Author Topic: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....  (Read 2199 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
Do people really want a Detox album? Y'all heard the tracks coming out of that shit. It was turrible. It's best to just put out 2 classics and just stop while you're ahead. He's making more money sitting at home, pumping steroids in his ass and hanging out with his boytoys in the Caribbean anyway.

LOL he does look roided up

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »
Do people really want a Detox album? Y'all heard the tracks coming out of that shit. It was turrible. It's best to just put out 2 classics and just stop while you're ahead. He's making more money sitting at home, pumping steroids in his ass and hanging out with his boytoys in the Caribbean anyway.

some tracks were good and some even had potential to be great if completed...for instance, if he released an album fulla songs like the recent one that dropped with king-t+xzibit, it would be a modern day classic.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24:28 PM »
Dre's love for money has obviously become stronger than his passion & love for hip hop; otherwise Detox would have been out a long time ago.  The word sellout would probably be the best word to describe the good doctor.

How is he a sellout though? Dre has always cared about sound quality. The beats line is the perfect product for him, and actually represents what he's about. He's not endorsing some bullshit company that has nothing to do with him. The word sell out gets thrown around way too much.

he cares about his legacy above all else

And how does making millions off a music related product like headphones tarnish that legacy?

i never said he's tarnishing his legacy....i said he doesnt have a passion for making classic hip-hop.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 11:32:32 PM »
he used to but not anymore

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »
When he made Chronic, he did not have the money he has today but he had drive, passion and love for hip hop.  Fast forward years later he's filthy rich and uninterested in releasing his prevous works nor Detox and it's kind of a slap in the face to the fans-the very same people who are somewhat responsable for his financial success. 

Not one single word or opinion we make here will make a difference in Dre's life/career, but at this point money is more important that his fans.  Don't get me wrong, happy the dude is doing well financially, but fans have expectations and his priorities are elsewhere.  When you're old and grey, or staring at the ceiling in some hospital no matter how much money you make or have, dollars cannot speak, show support, respect, and love. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
some tracks were good and some even had potential to be great if completed...for instance, if he released an album fulla songs like the recent one that dropped with king-t+xzibit, it would be a modern day classic.
Not really.  It would be bumpable for sure but he's been doing that for decades and why just contribute more of the same?  If he's complacent, he's better off not putting out a new album.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »
Not really.  It would be bumpable for sure but he's been doing that for decades and why just contribute more of the same?  If he's complacent, he's better off not putting out a new album.

it would be better than anything coming out this year....guaranteed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »
"Swag" is in. Bangers are out. Notice how 50 Cent fell off the the face of the planet?

Dre's only hope to put out Detox is if he's convinced it'll be viewed as a classic by the average mainstream listener. His best & only bet is just do a collab album with Eminem. Individually, songs like "Kush" just won't cut it.

Will_B

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »
anyone got a link to all the songs he did with King T?

I got u fam. Will up some shit to the hookup spot

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
i bet you eazy e is just chillin like yup i taught him well a hood nigga pimpin the industry!

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
Didnt Dre and Snoop have a concept for a duet album? i forgot what it was called, but I remember the idea re-surfaced and they were planning on releasing it again as "The Wash" soundtrack. they should just do that now, considering theyre both in a very grey area and they do bring the best out each other. if there ever was a time, this is it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »
Didnt Dre and Snoop have a concept for a duet album? i forgot what it was called, but I remember the idea re-surfaced and they were planning on releasing it again as "The Wash" soundtrack. they should just do that now, considering theyre both in a very grey area and they do bring the best out each other. if there ever was a time, this is it.

Everyone hated on "Kush" though, even though I still fuck with that track.

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 12:22:32 AM »

Yeah thats true and I cant speak for him but it seemed like he was going the commercial route and trying to get the new generation into him. I hope Im wrong because Dre can do whatever he wants and he could still have successful sales.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »

"kush" was a good cut... That was just a feature, tho. If Dre n Snoop got together and worked on a full album, the results would be special.

Okka

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »

I still bang it. It was playin' at the clubs for a long time here when it came out. I haven't heard that many people dislike it, except on here of course.