Author Topic: One hit wonder Domino  (Read 891 times)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
One hit wonder Domino
« on: September 09, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »
Hows does he make a living?
Is it true the diggidy domino is a janitor
he was nominated for grammy right???

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: One hit wonder Domino
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »
Y u hatin on Domino mane

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
domino had a decent run for a year or so...

he went platinum was on a platinum soundtrack had moderate successs on the second album had a few plat singles

i always liked how duke put his music together.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
I still bump that song from time to time.

I was watching the football games yesterday and when there was a commercial that talked about sweet potato fries, my brother and I coincidentally both started singing "Sweet Potato Pie."

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
op knows nothing
1 hit? scratch the surface faggot

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
op knows nothing
1 hit? scratch the surface faggot

yeah, he had 2 hits ;D

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »

he went platinum was on a platinum soundtrack had moderate successs on the second album had a few plat singles

he really is a weak ass rapper... thank god he had dope beats. I mean i love the shit out of "sweet potato pie" and "tales from the hood" but the verses on that song were very weak (including tha chill's verse on tales from the hood). his singing style is alright on small doses, but shit no wonder he didn't last in the game.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
"YOU GOT TO HAVE LYRICS"

KRS-ONE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 04:52:39 PM »
Don't know how he makes a living, but the Dogg Pound dissed the hell out of him back in the day. Snoop even dissed him on SNL. But he had Battlecat on the beats and he sold records. I love listening to his first album, takes me back.

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
yeah snoop and domino were feuding even before snoop went nationwide. they were in the early forms of "foesum" together back in the day but domino left and snoop and foesum dissed him in let em understand perfection as early as 90-91 i think. it's funny since now foesum and domino are touring together (they'll be in france soon lol)

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »

he really is a weak ass rapper... thank god he had dope beats. I mean i love the shit out of "sweet potato pie" and "tales from the hood" but the verses on that song were very weak (including tha chill's verse on tales from the hood). his singing style is alright on small doses, but shit no wonder he didn't last in the game.

he's not a weakass rapper....just very simple ala warren g. he knew his limits and he played it well. all his shit was dope, even his last album in '01:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhfBlMNgPFs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fhfBlMNgPFs</a>

Funkstradamus

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »

he's not a weakass rapper....just very simple ala warren g. he knew his limits and he played it well. all his shit was dope, even his last album in '01:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhfBlMNgPFs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fhfBlMNgPFs</a>

Domino was dope as fuck....you had to be there tho...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
hes as much of a rapper as nate dogg ever was...i dont really consider him to even be a rapper.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
hes as much of a rapper as nate dogg ever was...i dont really consider him to even be a rapper.

difference is, Domino rapped, and Nate didnt (aside from a few songs here and there)

bouli77

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 11:32:16 PM »

i think warren g is a bit better... i would compare him to half dead, very limited skills on the mic, with very limited things to say... which doesn't mean he didn't make good songs, but that wasn't thanks to his skills.

Domino was dope as fuck....you had to be there tho...

sorry but no. he had his time, which i understand cause i love his shit, his singing style and the beats he was rapping on. but you don't have to have been there at the time to tell whether or not he has talent. to fully comprehend his possible impact and what he brought to the table, yes, to be able to tell he was dope, no.