Author Topic: The Zen Master has spoken.  (Read 1375 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
The Zen Master has spoken.
« on: October 09, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8481973/phil-jackson-lebron-james-miami-heat-tools-equal-michael-jordan-legacy

STILL NO MENTION OF KOBE.

Even the man who coached both know that Kobe just had Shaq do all the work.

*Waits for "Phil hated Kobe" excuse*

Sccit

Re: The Zen Master has spoken.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
we all know lebron james has the TOOLS...he simply doesnt have the skills nor the drive to equal Jordan, Kobe, Magic, etc. Kwame Brown had the POTENTIAL to be a superstar...key word in this article is POTENTIAL.

Jordan, as long as he has more titles than Kobe, will remain the measuring stick. When Kobe gets 6-7 rings, he will take over as the measuring stick. Duno how Kobe came to ur mind from reading this article, as it didnt relate to him in any way LOL

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »
lol @ the insecure "LOL" at the end. Obviously he jumped over Kobe. Phil basically said "As long as MJ has the rings on LBJ, we won't ever be able to compare them". But still impying talent wise they're highly comparable.

I can't see a situation where you'd compare someone to the best...unless they were the second best. It's as simple as it gets. Like if Anthony Davis has a great season, you wouldn't just compare him to Tim Duncan. First you'd have to compare him to other great big men, assure yourself he's better than them, then compare him to the GOAT. Phil bypassed Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
lol @ the insecure "LOL" at the end. Obviously he jumped over Kobe. Phil basically said "As long as MJ has the rings on LBJ, we won't ever be able to compare them". But still impying talent wise they're highly comparable.

I can't see a situation where you'd compare someone to the best...unless they were the second best. It's as simple as it gets. Like if Anthony Davis has a great season, you wouldn't just compare him to Tim Duncan. First you'd have to compare him to other great big men, assure yourself he's better than them, then compare him to the GOAT. Phil bypassed Kobe.

Look at ya paranoid ass jumpin to conclusions again.. LOL is for ur undeniable love of lebron and constant need 2 compare him to Kobe. LeBron is considered the best right now, he just came offa winnin a title. This is not groundbreaking.. He still has a ways to go before he's comparable to Jordan OR Kobe.. It's all very simple, really. Jordan will be the measuring stick for greatness until Kobe retires with a couple more rings. Does it mean LeBron is as good or anywhere close? No.. It just means he has the POTENTIAL, which is perfectly fine.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »

*Waits for "Phil hated Kobe" excuse*

phil hated kobe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »

Look at ya paranoid ass jumpin to conclusions again.. LOL is for ur undeniable love of lebron and constant need 2 compare him to Kobe. LeBron is considered the best right now, he just came offa winnin a title. This is not groundbreaking.. He still has a ways to go before he's comparable to Jordan OR Kobe.. It's all very simple, really. Jordan will be the measuring stick for greatness until Kobe retires with a couple more rings. Does it mean LeBron is as good or anywhere close? No.. It just means he has the POTENTIAL, which is perfectly fine.

I wasn't talking about me comparing him to Kobe. I'm just saying the man who coached both of them made no reference to Kobe. Like I said, wouldn't it make sense to make sure he's better than Kobe before you compare him to the game's greatest player?

You're scrambling, brah.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »

I wasn't talking about me comparing him to Kobe. I'm just saying the man who coached both of them made no reference to Kobe. Like I said, wouldn't it make sense to make sure he's better than Kobe before you compare him to the game's greatest player?

You're scrambling, brah.

no, because right now, theres questions as to whether or not he's good enough to be the GOAT. it happens to all the top players in the league. Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Vince Carter, T-Mac, etc. have all been said to have "potential" to be greater than Jordan. it's just the way it works.

You're too young to get it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
No you're just too stupid to understand.

In the last three days first Barkley, now Phil have compared him to MJ & not even made reference to Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
No you're just too stupid to understand.

In the last three days first Barkley, now Phil have compared him to MJ & not even made reference to Kobe.

looks like youre the one too stupid and paranoid to understand....ur drawing lines that arent there, as always. it's called DELUSIONS. like i said, the greats always get compared to past GOAT's, not current active players. nobody compared Penny Hardaway to Dominique Wilkins first, they went straight for Jordan, because he's the measuring stick...even Kobe is still tryna measure up with Jordan. it would make absolutely no sense to compare LeBron to Kobe RIGHT NOW, when Jordan is STILL the world-wide measuring stick for basketball greatness, and the article is about whether Lebron has the potential to be the GOAT, not about whether he's better than said player. common sense, buddy. u aint gotta always make shit into more than what it is. take shit for what it is and watch ur life drastically improve.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:58 PM »
lol @ your advice being "take shit for what it is" when you fabricate 90% of your life.

But anyway, you're missing the point. Not surprising. Got your Laker goggles on.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »
lol @ your advice being "take shit for what it is" when you fabricate 90% of your life.

But anyway, you're missing the point. Not surprising. Got your Laker goggles on.

u lose every argument by attemptin 2 make it a personal matter as a means to overcompensate for weakness. u suck. man up and hop off, young'n

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
lololol. Coming from you...priceless.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »

the price is right, bitch

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 11:25:50 PM »

the price is right, bitch

price is right is coming to Orono in a week, my boy got tickets

teecee

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »
Im the postseason, the only thing that really matters, MJ was 9 for 18 on game winning/tying shots within the final 24 seconds (in other words, 1 possession games) Kobe is 28% on 7/25 shooting and Lebron is 41% on 5/12 shooting.

Neither Bron or Kobe are, or will be close. Both are amazing fucking players though, two of the best ever.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:34:03 PM by teecee »