Author Topic: miss real FOOTBALL!!  (Read 610 times)

verbalassaulta

miss real FOOTBALL!!
« on: February 21, 2003, 03:09:24 PM »
damn...i cant wait for football(not soccer all you euro's) to start again...sundays suck now...and i dont have any polls to win...

The Big Bad Ass

Re:miss real FOOTBALL!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 06:22:40 PM »
I hear you. Sundays are definitly not as entertaining as they were a month ago. Can't wait for Late August to come around again. Just the buzz of the preseason is great.

min0rity

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 10:16:49 AM »
damn...i cant wait for football(not soccer all you euro's) to start again...sundays suck now...and i dont have any polls to win...

REAL FOOTBALL?? you dumb ignorant bitch...how can you call it real football when the name isn't even original??? LMAO...FUCK THE NFL!!!!!!!

verbalassaulta

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »
the NFL has twice the athelets as soccer...its not even close...soccer is just a bunch of average built guys with good foot skills(its not hard i played when i was younger)...you cant even compare the size, power and speed of NFL players to soccer LMAO...I'm bigger and stronger than most fucking soccer players...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 04:47:38 PM »
Football is too damn slow for me.  it takes like 5 min. for a play to unfold, then another 5 min and so on. all for a few seconds of action.  

and soccer players are faster. They have to use their brain more. and all of them have to be quite accurate, and in football only the QB and Kicker has to be accurate

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »
i agree that sundays are more entertaining then...god damn i hate sundays

min0rity

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »
the NFL has twice the athelets as soccer...its not even close...soccer is just a bunch of average built guys with good foot skills(its not hard i played when i was younger)...you cant even compare the size, power and speed of NFL players to soccer LMAO...I'm bigger and stronger than most fucking soccer players...

NFL has twice the athelets as soccer??? LMAO...NFL HAS 4 quarters, 15 minutes each WITH CONSTANT STOPPAGE EVERY 2 SECONDS, soccer has 2 halves, 45 minutes with NO STOPPAGE EVEN WHEN A PLAYER GETS INJURED, NO TIMEOUTS, ONLY 3 SUBSTITIONS, and youre talking about soccer players are not athletic??? check yourself...

NFL players can't help but to be big, swoll and of course FAT cuz thats how you play..you can't be no skinny guy trying to tackle a 500 pounder..come on woman how can you say NFL players got more speed than soccer players?? i would like to see any NFL motherfucker trying to outrun ANY professional soccer player..i doubt it..soccer is based on speed..

so from what you said, your trying to say NFL is better cuz the players are bigger and stronger??? LMAO...so i guess SUMO is the greatest sport in the world right??? ::) try harder next time boy...oh speaking of sumo....NFL is like the same...its only played in one fucking country for christ sakes....and there has to be at least 300-400 countries around the world......soccer is played in over 200 countries in the world AT THE LEAST...do i need to continue???

« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 07:31:08 PM by MiN0RiTy »

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 03:04:15 AM »
and soccer players are faster. They have to use their brain more. and all of them have to be quite accurate, and in football only the QB and Kicker has to be accurate

*tryin to figure out which Soccer player in the world could strap on sum shoulderpadz and a helmet, and outrun James Jett lol!!!*

Soccer doesnt take a lot of brainpower IMO. I mean, itz cool...itz a cute lil sport n all. I have respect for tha athletes, but tha game to me is pretty brainless. Its jus senseless kicking the ball back n forth until one team is lucky enough to knock it in their own goal LOL.

If youve ever takin a look at a NFL playbook, youd see just how complicated this game is, and exactly how accurate the players have to be in their assignments. Tha play bookz resemble a damn Encyclopedia, and that could just be the offense. Tha game requires far more teamwork then Soccer does, theres no such thing as a "one man show" in Football. If one player misses an assignment, tha whole play is shot.

Whether soccer, or football has better athletes...i dont really give a shit. But jus like tha Europeanz on here think Football players couldnt play Soccer....well, i know for sure that Soccer players couldnt lace em up n get out there on a NFL field, without being carried off on a stretcher. lol.

Soccer iz coo and all i guess...but tah be honest, tha shit does get HELLA boring. I mean, waiting 45 fukin minutes for a team to just get a CHANCE to score...lol wtf. Tha last time i heard about sum1 struggling that much at scoring, was when i read one of NIK's post lol!

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 03:34:05 AM »
forget all ya'll the best sport is ice skatin  :P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 03:50:04 AM »
forget all ya'll the gayest sport is ice skatin  :P

^^true....true....

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 03:52:54 AM »
don't lie you know you like disney on ice i saw the program you had

min0rity

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2003, 11:25:17 AM »

*tryin to figure out which Soccer player in the world could strap on sum shoulderpadz and a helmet, and outrun James Jett lol!!!*

Soccer doesnt take a lot of brainpower IMO. I mean, itz cool...itz a cute lil sport n all. I have respect for tha athletes, but tha game to me is pretty brainless. Its jus senseless kicking the ball back n forth until one team is lucky enough to knock it in their own goal LOL.

If youve ever takin a look at a NFL playbook, youd see just how complicated this game is, and exactly how accurate the players have to be in their assignments. Tha play bookz resemble a damn Encyclopedia, and that could just be the offense. Tha game requires far more teamwork then Soccer does, theres no such thing as a "one man show" in Football. If one player misses an assignment, tha whole play is shot.

Whether soccer, or football has better athletes...i dont really give a shit. But jus like tha Europeanz on here think Football players couldnt play Soccer....well, i know for sure that Soccer players couldnt lace em up n get out there on a NFL field, without being carried off on a stretcher. lol.

Soccer iz coo and all i guess...but tah be honest, tha shit does get HELLA boring. I mean, waiting 45 fukin minutes for a team to just get a CHANCE to score...lol wtf. Tha last time i heard about sum1 struggling that much at scoring, was when i read one of NIK's post lol!

*trying to figure out which NFL player could take off the pads and try to outrun the BENCH WARMERS for any professional soccer league! lol*

kicking the ball back and forth?? one person is lucky enough to score a goal??? brainless?? i'm sure you from the u.s. so you probably watched the MLS(major league soccer) LMAO which is just what you described but in other leagues mostly in europe its way more than that..i mean constant passing the ball ACCURATELY  is very critical and not to mention very hard to do with your FEET cuz i don't know about you but i'd rather pass the ball with my hand than pass the ball with my feet which i find it much easier when i can use my hands...so all players obiviously need some technical skills instead of just the QB and the receiver like it is in NFL...also for soccer, you need more skills to play both ends(offensive/defensive) cuz in NFL all you do is tackle and its over, the play is dead, you get your 5 minute break(fat fucks lol) and you throw again, or rush or whatever but in soccer its not stop, you have to constantly defend, constantly attack, its very unpredictable cuz one minute you could be playing offensive and next 30 seconds your in the other end which means constant hustle, constant stamina, constant skills, etc. etc. not just once every 20 minutes

and yeah i've seen those NFL playbooks and yeah i'll give you that they are very complicating and shit but is it necessary?? i mean do they even use 1/4 of the plays they have in the book??? cuz it seems like every play is different when youre looking at the book but when you actually see it on the field...its almost the same if not the same..and about the NFL players having to be accurate..LMAO...lets be honest here.....with exception of the QB and the receiver..all the rest of the team have to do is guard and protect the QB and the receiver...i mean how hard is it?? is it even considered an assignment?? about NFL being needing more teamwork than soccer...it really depends on how you look at it man soccer is more versatile in terms of play cuz its not the same old boring NFL where you guard, i'll pass, i'll catch or whatever, soccer could be a one man show(france), or a team effort(korea), mostly defensive game(italy), or constant all out attack game(brazil).

about soccer and NFL players being athletic...you can't compare the two cuz they train different....my point is that they are athletic in their own ways to play for their sports. but if a NFL player tries to play soccer match, in 2 minutes the fool will have a heart attack for moving so damn much, just like a soccer player playing in a NFL game...would end up looking like rapquake with  broken arms and legs after my sister whoop his ass..

anyways, i really don't care much about NFL, i mean i don't even consider it as a sport even cuz its only played in one fucking country..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2003, 11:28:12 AM by MiN0RiTy »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2003, 12:14:32 PM »
about soccer and NFL players being athletic...you can't compare the two cuz they train different....my point is that they are athletic in their own ways to play for their sports. but if a NFL player tries to play soccer match, in 2 minutes the fool will have a heart attack for moving so damn much, just like a soccer player playing in a NFL game...would end up looking like rapquake with  broken arms and legs after my sister whoop his ass..

itz true, athletes frum different sports dont fare well in other sports usually. If switching back n forth frum offense to defense is whats impressive about soccer...then Basketball and Hockey (not that i watch hockey) should impress u far more. Theyre MUCH more fast pace. I aint discounting soccer players as athletes. I jus dont care for the sport much, its jus hella boring. And so u know, ive never in my life watched a MLS soccer game or whateva tha league is. The only soccer i EVER would watch is during the World Cup. Like i said, i jus feel soccer is too simplistic. I mean, i used to play it....when i was 5 lol. And watching 5 yr olds play soccer is similar to watchin 20 yr olds play it lol. They score just as often anyways. I think there are many NFL players though, that could actually last quite a long time in a soccer game. Im not talkin about a 300 pound offensive linemen. But remember, alot of recievers and even DB's are former track runners also. Tha Raiders 10 yrs ago had a whole receiving squad that ran 40's fast enough to compete in the Olympics. James Jett actually beat Carl Lewis in an Olympics qualifying meet before. Ive seen Soccer practices before, and they are difficult. But if u go through football practice also, youd see just how hard tha shit is. A lot of the same drills ran in soccer, except with heavy pads and helmets on.

I aint sayin Football is the most athletic sport, shit...i play basketball and i think its far more athletic. But I just cant get into soccer, it just seems too...sloppy. Like their is no definitive rules or calls. Everything is just a judgement call by the ref.

As for the playbook, whether or not they USE every single play in the book...depends on the offense or defense being ran. But the fact is, they have to practice each play, as well as memorize each one. I dont know how much football u watch, but the plays dont all look the same to me on the field. I can usually tell the subtleties of the play that make them different. If they were all the same, no one would EVER score. I know alot of tha soccer fans just see a mass of men running into eachother in the middle of the field. But thats because they dont pay attention to what is really going on. All the different shifts, and stunts, and blocking schemes. If they just ran into eachother aimlessly, it would be rugby lol.

Anywayz, fukit...soccer is still boring to me. I watch it during the World Cup jus tah keep up on shit. But i cant eva picture me and tha homiez sittin around gittin ready for tha big soccer game! lol

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2003, 12:31:54 PM »
anyways, i really don't care much about NFL, i mean i don't even consider it as a sport even cuz its only played in one fucking country..

lol if the nfl(real football) isnt a sport then soccer should never be mentioned in the same sentence with any sports

min0rity

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2003, 08:05:38 PM »

itz true, athletes frum different sports dont fare well in other sports usually. If switching back n forth frum offense to defense is whats impressive about soccer...then Basketball and Hockey (not that i watch hockey) should impress u far more. Theyre MUCH more fast pace. I aint discounting soccer players as athletes. I jus dont care for the sport much, its jus hella boring. And so u know, ive never in my life watched a MLS soccer game or whateva tha league is. The only soccer i EVER would watch is during the World Cup. Like i said, i jus feel soccer is too simplistic. I mean, i used to play it....when i was 5 lol. And watching 5 yr olds play soccer is similar to watchin 20 yr olds play it lol. They score just as often anyways. I think there are many NFL players though, that could actually last quite a long time in a soccer game. Im not talkin about a 300 pound offensive linemen. But remember, alot of recievers and even DB's are former track runners also. Tha Raiders 10 yrs ago had a whole receiving squad that ran 40's fast enough to compete in the Olympics. James Jett actually beat Carl Lewis in an Olympics qualifying meet before. Ive seen Soccer practices before, and they are difficult. But if u go through football practice also, youd see just how hard tha shit is. A lot of the same drills ran in soccer, except with heavy pads and helmets on.

I aint sayin Football is the most athletic sport, shit...i play basketball and i think its far more athletic. But I just cant get into soccer, it just seems too...sloppy. Like their is no definitive rules or calls. Everything is just a judgement call by the ref.

As for the playbook, whether or not they USE every single play in the book...depends on the offense or defense being ran. But the fact is, they have to practice each play, as well as memorize each one. I dont know how much football u watch, but the plays dont all look the same to me on the field. I can usually tell the subtleties of the play that make them different. If they were all the same, no one would EVER score. I know alot of tha soccer fans just see a mass of men running into eachother in the middle of the field. But thats because they dont pay attention to what is really going on. All the different shifts, and stunts, and blocking schemes. If they just ran into eachother aimlessly, it would be rugby lol.

Anywayz, fukit...soccer is still boring to me. I watch it during the World Cup jus tah keep up on shit. But i cant eva picture me and tha homiez sittin around gittin ready for tha big soccer game! lol

true basketball and hockey could be more entertaining for some...and the fact that both sports especially hockey is more of a similar sport to soccer in terms of playing.so its more easier to compare soccer to basketball, def hockey but not the NFL.......about 5 years olds playing soccer is similar to 20 year olds..i mean come on man thats ridiculous....same could be said for 5 year old american football so lets not even go that route...and yes i could see a fast receiver playing soccer but you have to consider the fact that  these receivers only run for a matter of seconds before they get tackled on each play not to mention they get constant breaks....so NAW...i don't think even the fastest runners could handle soccer..i mean the sport just handles different

one of the beautiful thing about soccer is the flow of the game...it never stops..that might be the reason why it can be sloppy at times, not a lot of complicated rules, no INSTANT REPLAY...thats the beauty of soccer..btw there is a ref and 2 LINESMAN (although i feel the linesman have more a difficult job)

oh well but at the end of the day...i'm a big soccer fan(football actually), and youre obivously into NFL  and i respect that....and you say you watched the world cup??? what teams did you watch???