Author Topic: why the fuck is MC Ren alwayz left out?  (Read 331 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
why the fuck is MC Ren alwayz left out?
« on: February 19, 2003, 10:22:41 PM »
why the fuck is MC Ren ALWAYYYYYZ left out? like a while back when they had "NWA" on the source there was no Ren only dre, cube, and snoop... its bullshit i think rens 1 of the titest and he hasnt changed so why do they leave him out him and eazy r my favorites outta NWA so wtf lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:why the fuck is MC Ren alwayz left out?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 11:46:36 PM »
In normal conversation, Eazy is never left out of NWA, but Ren is often. It's because Ice Cube brought the political contravery, Dre brought the beats, Eazy brought the kid voice and the funny sex lyrics, and Ren brought the gutter street gangsta street lyrics, and Yella brought the live D.J. at concerts, and did live drums as part of a Dre experiement. People remember most is the new style beats for the time, and the political shit, and maybe the funny sex lyrics. I think Ren's part got watered down, since the whole westcoast was street gangsta lyrics. So to most, his an average westcoast emcee that just happened to be in the group. Eazy had the voice, Cube had the contravery, Dre had the beats, but Yella and Ren were just anyone to most. That's very far from the truth, but most people think like that.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 01:58:23 AM »
plus Ren (and yella) havent kept going as strong as the other's.. Cube is still as visible as ever, Dre is probably bigger than he ever was ever ever thanks to Eminem and 50 Cent.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 08:56:12 AM »
i've alwayz felt that way also, mc ren is hella underrated, he usually always stayz in the dark, in the background n shit, he needs to come out with some hot shit, for him to be put up as one of the best, "i started this gangsta shit, n this is the mutha fuckin thanks i get" - Hello

Jome

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 08:04:41 PM »
In normal conversation, Eazy is never left out of NWA, but Ren is often. It's because Ice Cube brought the political contravery, Dre brought the beats, Eazy brought the kid voice and the funny sex lyrics, and Ren brought the gutter street gangsta street lyrics, and Yella brought the live D.J. at concerts, and did live drums as part of a Dre experiement. People remember most is the new style beats for the time, and the political shit, and maybe the funny sex lyrics. I think Ren's part got watered down, since the whole westcoast was street gangsta lyrics. So to most, his an average westcoast emcee that just happened to be in the group. Eazy had the voice, Cube had the contravery, Dre had the beats, but Yella and Ren were just anyone to most. That's very far from the truth, but most people think like that.

Agreed.

And as Seer said, Dre & Cube is bigger than ever..
They're both in movies & Dre is getting his deserved recognition as über-producer..
And that leaves Ren even more in the shadow, not to mention he's been laying low for years.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 08:23:58 PM »
i like how ren hasnt gone makkin movies n shit or sold out hes always stayed the same and i like that and i think hes commin almost harder than ever

Jome

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 08:29:18 PM »
i like how ren hasnt gone makkin movies n shit or sold out hes always stayed the same and i like that and i think hes commin almost harder than ever

Uhh.
Making movies is selling out??
And I'd rather have 1 Ren-album every other year, than NONE.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 08:55:12 PM »
Uhh.
Making movies is selling out??
And I'd rather have 1 Ren-album every other year, than NONE.
well i think it kinda is i dunno why i think that though but wutever they wanna do....... and ya id rather hear a ren album every other year but hes been makin good appearences 4 the past few years i think and i think his new cds gunna b tite as fuck

Funkadelic

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 04:22:00 PM »
He's dope. I'm really waiting for his upcoming album.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 12:03:07 AM »
Rena nd Yella gets left out alot but Yella gots it way worse tehn Ren cuzz i NEVER see Ylla names mentioned and i see Ren'z name not mentioned a lil. im out!!!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 07:17:03 AM »
i think Snoop should stay outta the N.W.A. thing.

my favs from N.W.A. are Eazy, and yella by far!
but im all up for the so called "N.W.A. reunion" its been mentioned a lot of times, but nothin but shit has happened!
Snoop should stay outta it though, put Warren to replace the late Eazy-E (R.I.P.!!!!!) no one could really replace him, but it'd be cool if Warren was there

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 11:15:18 AM »
i think Snoop should stay outta the N.W.A. thing.

my favs from N.W.A. are Eazy, and yella by far!
but im all up for the so called "N.W.A. reunion" its been mentioned a lot of times, but nothin but shit has happened!
Snoop should stay outta it though, put Warren to replace the late Eazy-E (R.I.P.!!!!!) no one could really replace him, but it'd be cool if Warren was there

damn man have you been livin in a box for the past 10 years? they had a reunion in like 1998 or 99, snoop, dre, icecube, mc ren, bunch of others, and the most that they will probably do in the near future is maybe put an album out, but not for like a year or 2.