Author Topic: AWOL from the Nationwide Rip Ridaz  (Read 1892 times)

awol187

• Lil Geezy
AWOL from the Nationwide Rip Ridaz
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:15:36 AM »
YO WASSUP.....Anyone here know who AWOL from the Nationwide Rip Ridaz/Crips cliq from Bangin' On Wax was??? Surely you must know........anyways I'm wondering if anyone knows any more information bout the dude than available.

I am making a compilation mixtape in memory of him cuz I think he was the dopest to come out of the Rip Ridaz and was taken way too early from us just as many others!!

His real name was Donald Stallworth and he was supposedly killed on July 4th, 1997 by a police who acted in self defense after AWOL pulled a gun on him supposedly high off PCP..He has made an entire song about wet lmao called "Smokin' H2O" so surely this would be possible but this has yet to be confirmed..........

It's been said that he was working on a solo album with Dangerous Records in 1996/1997 but I don't know any more about it nor do I know if he even got to record any songs. Shame that we probably won't hear more from Dangerous Records as well...!

I have compiled a list of all songs I know he features on...Shame there ain't more than 4 solo songs with him out there....

Kays Up: The Compilation http://depositfiles.com/files/90eh6e7b0

01 What That Kelly Park Like? (Intro)
02 Kays Up
03 Not The Nigga You Thought I Was
04 Smokin' H2O
05 Compton Nut
06 Hood Ratz (ft. B.G. Scarface)
07 Loadin' The Clip (Set Trip) (ft. B.G. Scarface)
08 Better Watch Your Back (Fuck Slob) (ft. B.G. Scarface)
09 Break-A-Slob-Down (ft. G-Bone)
10 Niggaz Don't Want No Problem (ft. G-Bone & B.G. Scarface)
11 Puttin' In Work (ft. Do Or Die & Blue Ragg)
12 East Side Rip Ridaz (ft. Troll Loc & Big Freeze)
13 Slob B.K.O. (ft. Genuine Draft & Do Or Die)
14 G's & Locs (ft. Batman, Troll Loc & Lil' Hawk)
15 Slob 187 (ft B.G. Scarface, Crip Inch, G-Bone, Troll Loc & Rider J)
16 Slobs Keep On Slippin' (Remix) (ft. Big Freeze, Six Pac, K-Tone, G-Bone & Twin Loc)
17 Gangsta Shit (ft. Batman, Broncoe, Six Pac, Green Eyez & Lil' Hawk)
18 Every Dog Has His Day (ft. Big Freeze, Broncoe, Six Pac, G-Bone & Troll Loc)
19 Another Slob Bites The Dust (ft. Blue Ragg, Crip Inch, C-Note & B-K)
20 Slobs Keep On Slippin' (ft. Six Pac, Trouble Loc, Troll Loc, K-Tone, Big Freeze & Broncoe)
21 Nationwide Rip Ridaz (ft. Broncoe, Big Freeze, Twin Loc, B.G. Scarface, G-Bone, Koolay & Six Pac)
22 Fuck Luke (ft. Nini-X, Redrum 781, Lunatic, Keystone, Key Low G & Tweedy Bird Loc)
23 If It's On, Let It Happen (ft. Six Pac, Green Eyez, Lil' Hawk, Big Freeze, Troll Loc, Laniak, Rider J & Batman)
24 Set Trippin' (ft. Big Freeze, Batman, Six Pac, Green Eyez, G-Bone, Yank, Troll Loc, Dogg & Lil' Hawk)
25 Straight Regulatin' (ft. Nini-X, Lil' Leak, Big Wy, Redrum 781, Quiet Storm, Shades & Lil' Stretch)
26 Bangin' On Wax (ft. Genuine Draft, Lil' Stretch, Red Rag, Blue Rag, Sin Loc & Redrum 781)
27 Everything Gonna C Alright (ft. Six Pac, Twin Loc, B.G. Scarface, G-Bone, Broncoe & Big Freeze)
28 I Wish You Were Here (Album Version) (ft. Troll Loc, Lil' Stretch, Yank, Rider J, Dogg, B.G. Scarface, Lil' Hawk, Batman, Crip Inch, Laniak, Six Pac & Green Eyez)

Please my people if anyone of yall has something to add or any info that I yet do not know of inform me!! I'd love any information on the dude. He was FIRE on the mic I tell you.......

Hope y'all know something I don't know!

Peace

EDIT: I've updated the tracklist. Added an intro and the song "Another Slob Bites The Dust" which I forgot lmao. Link now in first post as well.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:05:07 AM by VPG227 »

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: AWOL from the Nationwide Rip Ridaz!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
nice compilation, could you hook up a link?

awol187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
YES NO DOUBT MAN....I'll upload it later when I'm on my PC...frustrating that I only know of 26 songs with AWOL. There should be more cause this dude was dope as hell..!!

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
i think those are all his songs. i been listenin to that bangin on wax shit since my early teens..awol was dope a.f.  8) 8)
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

2euce 7even

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:58:59 AM »
good work.

what does KS UP mean?he also says "k´s up 2 2pac" what did he mean?was it a shoutie to 2pac or a jab?

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:24:44 AM »
nice compilation, could you hook up a link?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
this gotta be mike aka darkwing duck

awol187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »
Here's the link for y'all...keep spreading his music.
http://depositfiles.com/files/90eh6e7b0

good work.

what does KS UP mean?he also says "k´s up 2 2pac" what did he mean?was it a shoutie to 2pac or a jab?

Throw a K up which represents Kelly Park Compton Crips.. It's a shoutout to Pac...it is evident that AWOL was a fan of his. In the track Hood Ratz he said "2Pac said fuck the world but you took it the wrong way" so he def listened to his music and prolly was a fan of it as well..

Keep spreading his music and im still hoping one of y'all can dig something up for me. It would be crazy to find more tracks with him featuring although as of now it seems like these are the only ones at least on the internet...

peace

EDIT: Sorry for uploading it on a russian site. I hope you can find your way through the site though it's not that hard. Otherwise I'll have to post a tutorial LOL or use google translate...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:05:36 AM by VPG227 »

DL

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
Nice share!!! AWOL style was so damn gangsta...

awol187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:23:16 PM »
^^^word up the guy was gangsta to the heart.

Aight for all those interested I've been searching a lot without success..it seems as these are the only tracks existent on the internet with AWOL rapping right now. I think it's strange that AWOL could feature on albums by Nini-X (Blood) but not Tweedy Bird Loc (Crip - even Kelly Crip just as AWOL) nor Fo Clips' (also a KPCC I think) album...

AWOL was defo the dopest to come out the Rip Ridaz along with Troll Loc and G-Bone AKA Gbizo.....strange he never got himself a record deal. From what I know sherm fucked AWOL up after bangin' on wax and this supposedly also indirectly led to AWOL's death..RIP Donald Stallworth

SMH @ the fact that I've run into dozens of different artists by the name of AWOL or A.W.O.L. LOL but amongst them a group from Detroit who seemed dope as hell and another dude from NY lol.

I collect Big L tracks and have all tracks available on the net right now thanks to intense searching and collecting since '04 lol plus been a big part of the Big L-community since 2004 both on harlemsfinest and BigLOnline...I've stumbled upon lots of rarities on discogs.com who usually have most tracks listed but can't find nothin' interesting on AWOL. He is AWOL (2) on discogs for anyone that wanna check. Not much to see tho.

awol187

• Lil Geezy
Re: AWOL from the Nationwide Rip Ridaz
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 04:04:41 AM »
Updated the tracklist and updated the link as well. Keepin people interested lol!!

I am thinking of adding "'Till I Die" from Nationwide Rip Ridaz II: Betrayed cause it was dedicated to AWOL by G-Bone..I'm also planning to make an album cover. Already made one but it is kinda like Safe+Sound but with AWOL and blue frame instead lol. I'ma make something original instead once I get to it

awol22222

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
There's clean versions of "G's & Locs" and "Nationwide".
Btw, he died on the 4th of July in Oceanside, Ca.

awol187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:14 PM »
^^^^genius. Can't believe I haven't thought of that...thanks lmao!

Yeah, seen Oceanside mentioned lots of times as well. Can it be confirmed though? I mentioned the date in my post but as said nothing confirmed but "AWOL was killed by police in 1997".

Peace

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
awol was the best of the bangin on wax crip side. cuz them other niggaz was weak as hell! no lie piru's ripped that shit hardcore! even on the 2nd bangin on wax era. but i will say this! the first nationwide rip ridaz cd was waaaay better than the 2nd!

crip keeper(this my shhhiittt)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:50:11 PM by KC-HOODSTA »

awol187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »
NO LIE..AWOL was the dopest no doubt. LOL IMAGINE AWOL DROPPIN A VERSE ON CRIP KEEPER DAMN.......