Author Topic: Mike Tyson knocks out Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds into fight !!!!!!!!!! OMG  (Read 552 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Alot of people lost money for seats in that fight!! 49 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X :o

the good thing is he isnt arrogant:

"To be honest I'm not ready to fight him (Lewis) at this time," Tyson said. "I need more fights. I don't want to get beat up again."

Yes Canadians always KO Americans....he was raised in Canada and his father is Canadian ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- There is still some badness left in Iron Mike after all.

In desperate need of a devastating win, Mike Tyson got just that Saturday night, flattening Clifford Etienne with a savage right hand reminiscent of Tyson in his prime.

Etienne was knocked flat on his back in the middle of the ring and he lay there as referee Bill Clancy counted him out only 49 seconds into the scheduled 10-round fight.

Tyson then leaned over and helped Etienne to his feet as the crowd at the Pyramid arena erupted in glee at the sudden ending to a fight that seemed like it would never happen.

Fighting in the same ring where Lennox Lewis gave him a beating last June, Tyson went right after Etienne, who cooperated by standing in front of him and throwing punches back.

It proved a mistake when Tyson threw a right hand that landed flush on Etienne's jaw and sent him sprawling to the canvas.

It was the 16th knockout in the first 1:33 of the first round or less for Tyson and his sixth quickest ever. He needed it badly to salvage his chances of a rematch with Lewis or a possible third fight with Evander Holyfield.

"To be honest I'm not ready to fight him (Lewis) at this time," Tyson said. "I need more fights. I don't want to get beat up again."

Etienne was picked as an opponent because he figured to give Tyson an easy target, and he didn't disappoint.

"I kept my hands up looking for the opening and I got it," Tyson said.

Tyson, more animated before the introductions than usual, had gone into the ring and stood bouncing in front of Etienne before ripping off the towel over his chest.

When the fight began, Tyson came out slugging, landing a few punches before Etienne grabbed him and pushed him into the ropes, knocking him down.

The action resumed and Tyson missed with a left hook before connecting with the punch that ended the fight.

Etienne has a tendency to go down -- seven times in one fight alone -- and was hand selected as an opponent because of his weak chin and his style of fighting right in front of an opponent.

"This was the way I had to fight him," Etienne said. "How else could I fight him? I'm OK. He caught me with a good punch."

With his new tattoo framing the left side of his face, Tyson showed some renewed determination in the ring.

A circus-like atmosphere enveloped the fight in the days leading up to it. Tyson, claiming to be suffering from the flu, canceled the fight Monday only to wake up feeling better on Tuesday and deciding to fight.

Things got even better when Etienne staged a mini-boycott of his own before deciding that getting nearly $1 million to fight Tyson was too lucrative to pass up.

"I canceled too many fights in my career," Tyson said. "I wasn't afraid. He needed the money. I always need the money."

By fight time, though, the weirdness had given way to a curiosity over how much Tyson had left at the age of 36 after taking a beating from Lewis in his last fight.

Though the public hasn't lost its fascination with the youngest fighter to win the heavyweight title 17 years ago, even Tyson admitted the fight was crucial if he was to make big money again.

Referee Bill Clancy counts out Clifford Etienne early in the first round of Saturday's fight.(AP)  
He got $5 million for Etienne, money he needs not only to pay bills but to pay his ex-wife, Monica, in a $6.5 million divorce settlement.

"This is just what I do for a living," Tyson said. "I'm in the hurt business and no one should care if I get hurt or if I die in the ring because this is what we do."

Tyson's tattoo was prominent on his face, but Etienne never got a chance to hit it. Tyson had earlier called it a warrior tattoo and he seemed to want to go out and show he was just that.

Tyson missed a week of training, and was forced to spar Wednesday and Thursday to get his timing back -- something unheard of before a major heavyweight fight. He came into the fight 225¾, while Etienne weighed 222¾.

His trainer, Freddie Roach, worried that Tyson would not be in shape if the fight went into the later rounds. It proved not to be a concern.

Tyson was a 4-1 favorite, but in his prime there wouldn't have even been odds against a fighter who learned to box while serving 10 years in prison and had never been in such a big fight.

Tyson needed someone who would stand in front of him, after landing only 49 punches in eight rounds last June against Lewis, who boxed him from the outside and never gave him a chance to land the left hook or right hand that made him such a fearsome heavyweight in his prime.

Tyson, who had never lost a non-title fight, won for the 50th time in a career that began 18 years ago. It was the 43rd knockout for Tyson, who has lost four fights and has two no contests.

Etienne, who dropped to 24-2-1, had an altercation with a woman as he left the ring, and appeared agitated.

If the fight card needed any more goofiness, it came just before Tyson and Etienne entered the ring. That's when Tonya Harding made her pro debut against another novice fighter, Samantha Browning, of Mantachie, Miss.

The two women spent four rounds flailing at each other in a comical display before Browning was given a split decision over the banned former Olympic skater.

"This was much, much harder than I ever figured," Harding said.

In another fight, Olympian Jeff Lacy remained unbeaten in 13 fights by knocking down James Crawford twice in the second round, prompting referee Elmo Adolth to stop the super middleweight fight at 2:57 of the round.

sportsline.com
« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 08:52:26 PM by Vigilante »

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I missed the fight...when was it?

PS...Did Tyson get a tatoo on his face? LoL...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Big Punch Mike Tyson...
When he show's up everyone within' punchin' range is OVER.

.49 seconds

Kaidy

Dude was probably busy looking at that stupid tattoo and got hit square in the face hehe

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
i fell asleep during the Jay-z show and when i woke u the fight was over lol i was like wtf what happened to the fight ???

On The Edge of Insanity

Boy am I glad I didn't pay to watch that on pay per view.

Pretty impressive from Tyson though, whatever the opposition, to beat them within 49 seconds is still a pretty big feat.

DPG4lyfe

i wouldnt wanna pay money to watch it but i would jus wanna see that fool get his ass beat by tha IRON MIKE TYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im out!!!

Doggystylin

Dude was probably busy looking at that stupid tattoo and got hit square in the face hehe

LMAO

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Shit looked like a Set-Up to me......

Dood took his teeth guard or wuteva off as soon as he fell and layed there wit closed eyes till hit 9 and he got up......It's like he waz coached what to do......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Shit looked like a Set-Up to me......

Dood took his teeth guard or wuteva off as soon as he fell and layed there wit closed eyes till hit 9 and he got up......It's like he waz coached what to do......

Yeah I know, I doubt its fixed, but it looked weird.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!