Author Topic: New Kurupt Video “Listen” / “#1″ HOT!  (Read 1445 times)

Remedy360

Re: New Kurupt Video “Listen” / “#1″ HOT!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
I've been as critical of Kurupt as anyone the last several years, but that #1 track is dope. He'll make a lot of his old fans happy if he keeps dropping shit with that level of quality.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »
hope kurupt can keep comin wit some new shit....

#1 was cool, other track ok....

on a side note, damn just read about natina reed dying, RIP. crazy shit

Fresh Bone

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »
I thought the mixtape was supposed to drop yesterday, right?

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 01:39:32 AM »

Was delayed coz of Kurupts Baby Mama drama

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 02:16:35 AM »
any info about the current release date?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:54 AM »
any info about the current release date?!

Nov 23 (in the link)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 03:08:11 AM »
this is the best Kurupt has sounded since the 90's 8)

doggfather

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 03:15:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

alexandrion

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 04:30:04 AM »
Ha Ha!! Good News!!!

Fresh Bone

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 06:09:04 AM »

Was delayed coz of Kurupts Baby Mama drama

Crazy baby mama drama karma!

The irony of pushing back a project called "Money, Bitches, Power" where he'll be talking about ratchets, ho's and bitches because his baby mama died (remember the skit on Daz's "DPG 'Til The Day I Die" mixtape with her?) is pointless.

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »
Now that sounds like the ol school kurupt flow right there! he's back on it! thats what he needs to get back into cuz that new style shit sounds the same i like when he has that killler mc flow.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »
Now that sounds like the ol school kurupt flow right there! he's back on it! thats what he needs to get back into cuz that new style shit sounds the same i like when he has that killler mc flow.

True that. The latest cuts I´ve heard r straight killaz.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »

so why listen to new music at all?

Well, we aren't talking about new music in general, we are talking specifically about Kurupts new music.  And I'm not the only person on this forum that thinks that Kurupt has fallen off harder than any of our favorite West Coast legends.

yes, he's fallen off (though u'd know he's definitely picked it up as of late if u took the time to listen to his recent shit)....but u didnt say "i dont wanna listen to kurupt because he fell off"...u said "why should i listen to kurupt's new shit when i can listen to his old shit?"........thats closing yourself off. what if he makes another classic and u ignored it because u rather listen to his old shit? that mindset will only set the west coast back, my dude.

this is a pretty whack way of thinkin for those tryna build on the current state of hip-hop and working towards a future for the culture. if everyone thought like u, then mufuckaz like kurupt, nas, rza, etc would stop making music, and all we'd get was gay faggots like tyga and lil wayne. is that really what u want? re-think ur thoughts and support real shit, such as this new kurupt banger....growth is important.

Again.  Your talking about all these other artist like Rza and Nas.  But I was talking specifically about Kurupt.  Nas is still making great music, I listened to the Distant Relatives album he did with Damian Marley as much as I listened to his older albums.   And I love Rza's new Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack.   The difference is you think this new shit by Kurupt is a banger, and I don't.  If I truly thought it was bangin' then I would bump it.  But at the end of the day I'd rather see mutherfuckas supporting these new Kurupt tracks then LIl Wayne and Tyga so I feel you on that point.

fair point, i didnt know u were talking specifically about kurupt. from the way u said it, it insinuated that u simply wont listen to his new shit because his old shit is dope enough, not because he fell off or anything like that. but u dont like these new kurupt tracks foreal? u just said u liked some kanye songs in another thread, but u dont think these certified west coast cuts like "money" with RBX, "trajical" with Daz, Rage, RBX, or these 2 new cuts are dope? thats on u then.

if we think like this, we're not even giving ourselves a chance to evolve musically. xzibit just came out with a great album. he had better shit in the past, but it's his best album in over 10 years and slaps front to back. are u gunna reject the idea of bumping it because "at the speed of life" is better? what if u never stopped to listen to "the marshall mathers lp" all because u felt that u could still listen to ''the slim shady lp'' instead??.....i dont usually call u out on shit, but i highly disagree with that ideology. it's just dumb, and stunts the growth of real hip-hop music, which i'm completely against. dont u see that?

Again, I was talking about these Kurupt tracks specifically.  I valued this new track "Listen" at .2 cents.  And I valued "Reality" after 500 listens still higher at $2.00   But in 2012 I would rather listen to Xzibit's new album that just came out, then "Reality" off the Dogg Food album.

Get my point, I think you got me wrong.  I was only talking about Kurupt's new shit.

yup...i got u wrong, fsure. thnx for clarifying, but i still think u should ALWAYS give west coast legends like kurupt the benefit of the doubt in an effort to build on the current state of west coast hip-hop...PeACe

word... and I said "#1" was dope, I just wasn't feelin "Listen" that much.  But no doubt, you always got to support the West and DPG
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
i dont think he ever lost his skill, he just stopped trying... u can tell hes trying again.

Remedy360

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »
i dont think he ever lost his skill, he just stopped trying... u can tell hes trying again.

That's one hell of a drought..