Author Topic: MLB In 2OO3  (Read 298 times)

Murrow

MLB In 2OO3
« on: February 23, 2003, 05:03:26 PM »
How do you feel.  Post all your thoughts, predictions etc.

I've been a die hard Orioles fan my whole life and we're in the process of rebuilding, but I still love following all others.

BTW...what game you think I should get?

High Heat 2004 - Most realistic, graphics not as good as All-Star

All-Star - Online this year, can update rosters weekly - best graphics
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 05:06:18 PM by Murrow »

HBKid_Jr

Re:MLB In 2OO3
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 05:47:45 PM »
i bought high heat baseball 2day.  the yankees already bought the world series so who cares.  my mets are goin suck but i'll still watch hopefully george steinbrenner will die

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 05:56:10 PM »
all star baseball isnt online this year,they took that part of the game out

get high heat,it destroys ASB,and asb doesnt have the best graphics either world series baseball 2k3 does.......

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 06:15:54 PM »
all star baseball isnt online this year,they took that part of the game out

get high heat,it destroys ASB,and asb doesnt have the best graphics either world series baseball 2k3 does.......

word my boy has all star baseball and it's not the best baseball game at all... the graphics are decent and so's the gameplay, but it's not the best... get high heat...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 09:50:58 AM »
High Heat

And Braves allllllllllllllllll the way. I love being from ATL!

tnp

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 10:27:56 AM »
High Heat

And Braves allllllllllllllllll the way. I love being from ATL!

I don't think the Braves will go that far this year. Especially since the Mets and the Phillies got stronger (from ex-Braves Glavine and Millwood). I still can't get over the Braves getting rid of Millwood, surely there was other salary to dump. Although I heard the Braves were surprised that Maddux accepted arbitration, they were expecting him to sign elsewhere. I do look forward to the outfield being one of the most if not the most productive in the majors (Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Gary Sheffield being healthy) and the infield being better and younger (hopefully Fick, Giles, Furcal and DeRosa) but I don't expect an upgrade in catcher and I don't see the lineup of Maddux-Hampton-Ortiz-Byrd being close to Maddux-Glavine-Millwood-Moss. I hope Hampton is back to his Houston self. I look forward to a more evenly matched NL East this year. I'll make it down to Turner Field a few times this year.
I don't know how happy Glavine will be with the Mets though  ;)

peace,
tnp

TheSheriff

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 10:45:01 AM »
I didn't rate Millwood that high. Shame Tommy went.

However...we have Remlinger....and

SMOLTZY! ALL HAIL SMOLTZY!

tnp

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 11:27:23 AM »
True we have Smoltz, but Remlinger signed with the Cubs (I think to a three year deal). I thought Millwood was going to be the anchor for the Braves for the post Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz rotation, and I was looking forward to that. I thought he had the potential to be really good (couldn't have had better teachers than who he did). I'm sad to see Glavine go but not surprised, I think the Braves were smart not to offer too much of a long term contract to him and generally stay out of the insanity of the bidding wars.

Let's just hope that the Braves can hand over enough leads to Smoltz to get to save #58 this year.

tnp

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 06:34:50 PM »
Man, I think the Yankees are done with their reign.  They won't win it this year.  

I'm always excited about rookies, who you guys looking out for this year?

I'm glad High Heat is out, and that you guys think that it kills ASBB.  I'ma get it for my birthday.

I've played full seasons with the Orioles since '97.  Each year I look forward to playing a season.

What has improved from last year's HH??  I hope the graphics are better but that the realistic gameplay is still intact.

Peace

Sub-Z

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2003, 09:45:02 PM »
the graphics in high heat were the focus point for 3d0 this time around,theyre better but still not amazing,but in a baseball game its all about gameplay

in the console versions they added the franchise mode from the PC version,they added a budget system and a contract system

the franchise also has all three levels of the minors (A,AA,AAA)

also if you have xbox or a good enough PC wait for those versions,cause the ps2 versions has a few major bugs in the game that will be fixed in the xbox and PC versions

i think ive told you enough bout it lol,i feel like shit right now so i dont feel like typin anymore..lol hope i helped  :)