Author Topic: G Funk vs P Funk  (Read 287 times)

Will_B

G Funk vs P Funk
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:10:14 AM »
I know a lot of u cats rate Doggystyle and the Chronic as masterpieces, and I'm curious what those who know em both would rate Mothership Connection vs Doggystyle or The Chronic.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: G Funk vs P Funk
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:03:42 AM »
I think the differences can be seen as both good and bad...

Like with P-Funk, the tracks are often very long and have the same sort of chants and bits of verses repeated,
which is cool if you like that kind of thing, like it's variations on a theme for a long time...

But what Doggystyle and the Chronic do is take like the best, catchiest bits and make those the beat and the chorus,
then add more varied verses (because rap verses just vary a lot more than "regular" choruses anyway),
and made the tracks shorter and more like normal verse/chorus/verse/chorus tracks...

I think as well Dre and his team kept the kind of live feel of the original P-Funk, but also kind of beefed it up,
so everything hit a little harder and was mixed/panned "bigger"

Though Dre's stuff didn't have the amount of improvisation and didn't have the band just jamming and
doing different grooves that P-Funk had...

Obviously as well P-Funk came first, so it's got more innovation there... I think both are excellent, I think they work well in different ways

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
I love both, G-Funk succeeds on it's own for taking obscure small parts of various P-Funk songs to form something completely new (for most part). 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
i love both.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BIGWORM

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Father VS Son!!!

Son wouldn't be there without father so MAKE MY FUNK THE P-PHUNK!!!