Author Topic: GAME REPLACES CONTROVERSIAL "JESUS PIECE" ARTWORK  (Read 1075 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: GAME REPLACES CONTROVERSIAL "JESUS PIECE" ARTWORK
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
he doesn't replace anything, this is for the regular edition cd, the controversial cover is for the limited edition.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:08:20 AM by Cordozzar Drakko »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
reminds me of Kendrick's album cover... should expect this sort of thing from The Game though.

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »
reminds me of Kendrick's album cover... should expect this sort of thing from The Game though.

Can just imagine the lyric
"I remember, just like Dre told me...use a picture of yourself in Ninty Five, so ima use a picture of myself in Ninty Five"

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »

like he got the idea of doing 2 different covers FROM Kendrick you mean? Cause when any artist does 2 versions (regular ed. & limited or deluxe ed.) it is basic sales startegy to do 2 differenr covers, expecting as much peep to buy both of them...
if I remember right it ain't the first time Game does it... matter of fact he started with his own debut on Aftermath & kept doing it with his other albums too...

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

like he got the idea of doing 2 different covers FROM Kendrick you mean? Cause when any artist does 2 versions (regular ed. & limited or deluxe ed.) it is basic sales startegy to do 2 differenr covers, expecting as much peep to buy both of them...
if I remember right it ain't the first time Game does it... matter of fact he started with his own debut on Aftermath & kept doing it with his other albums too...

No, i think hes talking about the actual cover looking alot like Kendricks cover. Like the whole polaroid picture and just the overall way its put together. Game is clearly trying to ride Kendricks buzz.
Kinda sad when you think about it cuz just a few years ago they used to open up for Game and now he gotta ride Kendricks buzz, and Kendrick was the least popular one out of Jay Rock and him
a few years ago.

Thats what not focusing on your music and just doing obvious shit for attention and gimmicks will do in the long run. One of Games biggest issue is his attitude towards criticism. Most entertainers brush it off but even Games core fanbase clearly doesnt want to hear namedrops any longer and stuff like that but instead of trying to change that he doesnt wanna listen it seems and in turn he keeps losing his core base while ironically trying to chase a wider audience.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »
I thought he could not use the the name The Game anymore. I smell lawsuit

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
I love how he can rip off another rappers idea and concept and at the same time drag his dead brother into it and drag him into the criticism. If Butterfly face rips off anymore styles from other artist and continues to tank I think his label is gonna have a change of heart.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »
This nigga doesn't have an original bone in his body. Yet, somehow he stays afloat lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

h2k4

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
Damn, people hating on a damn album cover now?  LMAO, wow.

Talking about he's biting Kendrick's album cover to get a buzz, lol.  I've never heard anyone buy an album solely based on the artwork.

sofdark

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
Lol didn't even know about this controversy. Game's prolly the only one that knew about it.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »

i meant the over-sized white border, using an old, polaroid style photograph and using handwritten type. All of which were used on Kendrick's album cover.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 08:40:08 AM »
Yeah i smelled kendrick all over this the minute i saw the cover. Not to say kendrick aint the only one that can put out an album with a grimey family photo and hand written text but its a bit too soon to be doing the same thing without being looked at as biting

B.A.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
Yup, I agree. Kendrick had those raw, ghetto ass pictures on both covers with that graff-style hand writting; nothing nice and commercial about how they looked at all. So here goes Game using an old ass picture of his bro, with the sloppy hand writting, maybe he's hinting that his album is going to be raw just like the cover. I don't think he's trying to ride Kendrick's buzz but he no doubt bit his style of cover. He's probably just trying to compete with Kendrick specially since they both from Compton.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:52:01 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

Can just imagine the lyric
"I remember, just like Dre told me...use a picture of yourself in Ninty Five, so ima use a picture of myself in Ninty Five"

That's his dead brother