Author Topic: I think Hip Hop is going to have another growth spurt within 2 years  (Read 407 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

We have to do something to accomidate everybody.  And at the same time we also have to acknowledge that people wanna dance and hear soul food all at the same time.  Nobody wants to be dumbed down and at the same time no one wants to be bombarded with depression (regardless of age).  

I say more Joey BadA$$/P.E. and more Freddie Gibbs.  More Drake and more Gucci Mane.  2013 should be the return of balance.  

#2cents

more soul, more jazz, more bounce, and more deep records.  And more Analog.  I love digital but aint nothin like some Analog every now n then.  Thats why older records have stuck around so long imo (well that amongst other things like Melody and Non-Fiction Entertainment like Game's "Old English")

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: I think Hip Hop is going to have another growth spurt within 2 years
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
And im so tired of ppl sayin "these teeny boppers dont wanna hearthst boom-bap shit in 2012".  BULLSHIT!  Good music is good music, thats what people (older heads) fail to understand. 

With younginz its not a matter of how old u r or where u from or how repetitive your hooks r or whether or not your album/tape consists of 808 Drums and Clear Channel features.  Its just like how its always been, "are you any good" and "do i like you/yall"? 

All of that other shit is for those children in North Pasadena who will only give "boom-bap" Rap a chance if it has Eminem or some other White guy or Legend on it.  That's that crowd, not the rest of us

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
@larrybird/hack who deleted her post after she got checked....... again

Why r u always talking about the "it" rappers to pick on at the moment?  is your Vocabulary that small?  its like those are the only people u know of.  You'd be better off talking about Minor League EmCee's who r getting shine but dont deserve it rather than talking about "at the moment" rappers who r only targets becuz they're in the limelight right now.  

And yes they have helped Hip Hop.  2Chainz (and Birdman along with some others) broke the glass ceiling when it comes to Age & Hip Hop.  And Chief Keef is helping to keep the spirit alive.  I havent heard bis album but im sure theyll be something else on there I like that I havent heard already.  I dont even think he's that great but he's got some catchy chit thats hard, he's raw right now and u cant beat that.  He doesnt make the same type of music his peer Joey BadA$$ makes.  They're in two totally different lanes [as of now] so I wouldnt even compare the two.  I might as well compare Taylor Swift to Jimi Hendrix.  

U need to step your game up if all youre going to do is crack corny ass jokes all day.  U gettin old
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:39:43 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
so did u ("larry bird") attempt to make me look crazy by deleting your post after i finally answered your naggin ass?   how lame can 1 be?  youre the only 1 who's in on tha joke and youre the only 1 who finds it funny (good for u tho right?)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
@audience

party raps can still be made without Trap style beats and Pop-Synths.  I have a feeling people are going to begin to get a little more hungry for that as time goes on.  It'll probably still be lost for a bit but it aint dissapearin.  That is all...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »
i have no idea what ur talking about but to answer the thread topic you must be some sort of wendys-reject retard to think rap is going to have a growth spurt with Drake and Kanye being the two most famous artists

now go back to mopping up the Wendy's bathroom like a good little bitch

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
so you really must b crazy then.

i dont think i need to say anymore now that youre starting to delete your own posts and actin like u didnt in attempt to create a new gimmick like the 50 people that are on here dont already know what youre about.  You might look like a turtle but u arent a master of disguise, i can garantee u that. 

with that said ima go talk to this bird.  i dont talk to Males after 11:30pm.  u just got lucky

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »
look mr not-good-enough-to-be-a-burger-flipper, just cuz u got fired for not knowing how to cook food doesnt mean u gotta take out ur insecurities on the rest of dubcc

now, if you want to believe that rap isn't dying a slow death thanks to all the wackass rappers u support then thats aight but dont act like the rest of dubcc has to listen to ur wack shit

now go meet up with ur imaginary friends and drop a new fake mixtape little boy

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
still haven't heard anything promising from Chief Keef. Really don't get the hype with that dude  ???

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
still haven't heard anything promising from Chief Keef. Really don't get the hype with that dude  ???

youre not supposed to "get" anything.  just turn up and get stupid.  sometimes ppl overthink shit.  to each their own as i always say

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »

youre not supposed to "get" anything.  just turn up and get stupid.  sometimes ppl overthink shit.  to each their own as i always say

i don't even know where to start though, all I've heard from him is Don't Like and his back from the dead mix tape which was a turd

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
tru.  like i said, theres nothing to really think about.  u either like it or u dont.  it makes for great thump muzik. 

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
ill probably give his album a listen once its on spotify, I'm not biased against these new cats like a lot of old school hip hop heads

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »
thank god.  

but theres more than just Chief Keef out there.  And i wasnt just talkin about the youngsters, i meant the Minor and Major League players too (and the Vets).  

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
ill probably give his album a listen once its on spotify, I'm not biased against these new cats like a lot of old school hip hop heads

I'd say Keef is in the same lane as Waka, his music is made to be enjoyed, and that's it. Thumping beats, catchy hooks and dope melody in the flow, just another variety of party rap.

2012 was an amazing year for hip hop to me, hopefully we get more of the same in 2013.