Author Topic: Is Problem lyrically better than Kurupt in his prime?  (Read 899 times)

Okka

Re: Is Problem lyrically better than Kurupt in his prime?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
Eatin' too much will make you fat and when you're fat, you get depressed. Radiotube is just an attention whore and this thread proves it.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
Eatin' too much will make you fat and when you're fat, you get depressed. Radiotube is just an attention whore and this thread proves it.

LMAO  ouch

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
Kurupt wasnt THAT particularly hot for that long.  Stop sysin it.  Prob's been out for a while now (atleast in California years nowadays)

agreed... Kurupt started falling off pretty quick. 1992-1997 was his prime. it's funny yesterday I was listening to Doggfather (which I hadn't listened in years) and i realized that Kurupt murked all his verses (Up Jump Tha Boogie, Gold Rush and Blueberry especially) and outshined Snoop on each of these songs (well Snoop doesn't rap on Blueberry). I love Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha but even then for the most part he wasn't nowhere near his previous level.

yeah "Streetz" had better production than lyrics, Crooked I had the best verse on that album...for about 5 years Kurupt was up there with dudes like GZA, Deck and Redman as far as lyricists...

Crooked probably had the best 2 verses on that album lol - both his joints on there were crazy

Kurupt disappointed on some of that CD as far as his raps on collabos but he def saved his best effort for the Trylogy song

Streetz is a great album...i still remember when that shit was all over the Source in advertisements and i never peeped it until the early 2000s sadly

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
Streetz is a certified classic. Funny enough I was listening to it for the first time in years last week, the album still holds up. Probably the best Dogg Pound affiliated solo album outside of Doggystyle.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Streetz is a certified classic. Funny enough I was listening to it for the first time in years last week, the album still holds up. Probably the best Dogg Pound affiliated solo album outside of Doggystyle.

i would def agree with that unless i'm able to count Snoop's Lost Sessions compilation lol

Fraxxx

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »
No. When Problem released Deal Or No Deal 1 & 2 he was hot. He was fucking spitting then but not like Kurupt in his prime. Unfortunately, all of Problem's newer shit is generic to me.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »
The biggest difference between Kurupt and Problem: Kurupt doesn't rap about eating pussy all the time.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
Eminem's favorite rappers...

Redman
Jay-Z
2Pac
The Notorious B.I.G.
Andre 3000
Jadakiss
Kurupt
Nas

Still think he wasn't that good? Dude was a young Rakim in the making. Shame he fell off so hard. He's always going to be the Penny Hardaway of rap to me.

Problem? I just don't see it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
eminem is clearly biased toward the 1990s

not that there's anything wrong with that

but there was a time you'd get shot if you said Rakim, KRS or Kool G wasn't the best lol

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
The level at which Kurupt fell off is unprecedented.  There only rappers that have fallen off more than him were ones that died.  It could only be that he had a ghostwriter, which I don't think because he was known early on for being a freestyle beast, or he smoked himself retarded.  The latter seems more likely, because since like 2000/2001 he is absolute trash.  I mean not even a decent rapper.  He went from a top ten monster to a you tube artist sad to say....Too much sherm??

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
The level at which Kurupt fell off is unprecedented.  There only rappers that have fallen off more than him were ones that died.  It could only be that he had a ghostwriter, which I don't think because he was known early on for being a freestyle beast, or he smoked himself retarded.  The latter seems more likely, because since like 2000/2001 he is absolute trash.  I mean not even a decent rapper.  He went from a top ten monster to a you tube artist sad to say....Too much sherm??

he used too many lines over and over to have a ghost writer

kurupt still has it tho, peep that song form 2008

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »

Kurupt sounded drunk on alot of tracks off "Kuruption"...

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »
everything kurupt dropped in 2012 was heat...whats up wit the new album/mixtape?

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
LOL