Author Topic: why is Eazy E..........  (Read 1360 times)

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
why is Eazy E..........
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
forgottin?...i mean yea i know majority of the board would put death row over ruthless any day but all yall know Eazy E is forgottin like a muhfu***

why yall think he is?...

i mean he should be up there wit Ice Cube and Dr Dre as far as recognition goes.....its like he didnt exist after NWA split up...ppl dont even know he put Bone on the map, one of the top selling hip hop groups ever...lol yeeeaa somethin aint rite here  :laugh:
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: why is Eazy E..........
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »
people support and recognize the fake more than the real. it seems.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »

False. 

But as far as Eazy goes, I've asked this question time and time again.  Something about his after transition just doesnt seem right.  I feel like theres a true need for an Explaination

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »

False. 

But as far as Eazy goes, I've asked this question time and time again.  Something about his after transition just doesnt seem right.  I feel like theres a true need for an Explaination
it's true. even today the mentality is fucked up. ask anybody on here who's the king of the west coast and see what they say. most won't say eazy even though he is.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Eazy-T 421

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
It bugs me as well. I think the main reason is that he was The Company. When he died there was a vacuum at the top of Ruthless. No one to handle the day-to-day operations or who wanted to handle the company with the shape it was left in. Eazy knew how to market and understood his audience. When Pac and Biggie died they had people at the top, Suge and Puffy, who, for better or worse, could continue to market their existing and new material and keep their artist relevant. I still think that Puffy wouldn't have had a career if Biggie was alive today.

Secondly, I think alot of the mainstream rap fans, thought it was cool to diss on Eazy because of the way he was portrayed by The Chronic and Death Row at that time. It was only after Death Row began falling apart did those mainstream rap fans find out what Eazy and hard core west coast rap fans knew, "Dre Day only meant Eazy's pay day."

I do see that there is a new generation of Eazy's family and artists that are getting the movement for "continuing the saga" It feels like a grassroots effort. Between them, the documentary from EazyE-CPT.com and the N.W.A. movie, Eazy-E and his legacy should finally get noticed and recognized by mainstream hip-hop for what he started.

BIGWORM

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
Because he died when these youn fans where still listening to the "mini pops"...

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
Because he died when these youn fans where still listening to the "mini pops"...

Pac died only a year after...and EVERYBODY knws Pac....even lil kids..ask em who eazy is, they'll be like  ??? ???

did pac "contribute" more to the Westcoast rap scene or even rap scene in general then Eazy E did?.....hmmm..
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

False. 

it's true. even today the mentality is fucked up. ask anybody on here who's the king of the west coast and see what they say. most won't say eazy even though he is.

youre just too much of a negative thinker in the broad scheme of things. 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Pac died only a year after...and EVERYBODY knws Pac....even lil kids..ask em who eazy is, they'll be like  ??? ???

did pac "contribute" more to the Westcoast rap scene or even rap scene in general then Eazy E did?.....hmmm..

i think its more like 65-35 [Eazy].  Becuz without Eazy there may not have been a Pac that we ended up with.  But at the same time i think Pac wouldve dwelled in that lane eventually.  He was just too trill. 

If Eazy woulda stuck around him and Pac probably woulda made a "Dre Day part 2" lol. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »

False. 

youre just too much of a negative thinker in the broad scheme of things. 
how am i negative for bein' truthful ? most won't give e the props he deserves they'll give 'em to another who hasn't done close to what eazy has done for not only west coast music but hip hop music.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
who is this "they" you are talking about.  Im with u that he doesnt have his proper respect in Hip Hop but who is this "they" u always mention?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
who is this "they" you are talking about.  Im with u that he doesnt have his proper respect in Hip Hop but who is this "they" u always mention?
if someone were to do a poll on who's the king of the west coast most of the posters here wouldn't say eazy was. imo he was.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
blanket statement but okay

BIGWORM

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Simple.... Eazy-E was famous before he died...

MarshColin

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
I think a big reason that Eazy isn't as recognized as he should be is because Ruthless did a piss poor job of carrying on his legacy after he died.