Author Topic: start off the New Year right: Trinidad Jame$ & Forte Bowie "$outh$ide"  (Read 535 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1rHlQ6s7L0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/H1rHlQ6s7L0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OY5AD5bSwKg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OY5AD5bSwKg</a>

whats funny is that even before they shot a video for this i figured this would be a Single.  i love this record too

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: start off the New Year right: Trinidad Jame$ & Forte Bowie "$outh$ide"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »
this nigga makes 2chainz seem like nas.  :'(
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
Can't wait for this wack dude to come and go like Chief Keef. 2013 is going to be the year substance is brought back to the forefront of hip hop.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »
theres only so long that the hate can flow thru thy bloodstream

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
Can't wait for this wack dude to come and go like Chief Keef. 2013 is going to be the year substance is brought back to the forefront of hip hop.
right on  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
there's some shit where the writer of martin is goin' to sue dude for swagger jackin' jerome: a character martin created.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »

I've always got an open mind to new music, I actually liked "Love Sosa" but Keefs album was horrible. This cats song came on before Kendricks set a few weeks back and I could see the 18-20 year olds loved his shit, its not for me and I can't respect a step back in lyricism to this point, no hate, just my opinion.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »
tru dat.   i already know what youre thinkin.  a beat like this, ur prolly thinkin Goodie Mob, Nas, or somethin with a hardcore delivery.  

but idk tho, i think this song is pretty decent.  wat about it DONT u like?  is it TOO hard 4 u?  becuz thats wat i'd assume *no disrespect*
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:51:21 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »
tru dat.   i already know what youre thinkin.  a beat like this, ur prolly thinkin Goodie Mob, Nas, or somethin with a hardcore delivery.  

but idk tho, i think this song is pretty decent.  wat about it DONT u like?  is it TOO hard 4 u?  becuz thats wat i'd assume *no disrespect*

Hah nothing to do with how "Hard" the shit is, Waka makes this fool look soft. The beats dope, I just find the shit uninspired. Goodie Mob would merk something like this.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »

Hah nothing to do with how "Hard" the shit is, Waka makes this fool look soft. The beats dope, I just find the shit uninspired. Goodie Mob would merk something like this.

sounds just like a Goodie Mob inspired record imo, its that dusty southern gumbo funk. 

me and this OG was just talkin about Trinidad earlier, even he fucks with some of his shit.  But i understand tho, u dont really like good music like that, thats cool

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

If someone thinks shit is whack, that doesn't make them a hater. Your attitude on that is the reason so much terrible rap is allowed to go on.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
but i have a wider scope of the entire culture and musical side of Hip Hop and thats been proven time and time again (by default at that).  

Especially when it comes to lyricists and song writers.  Any REAL hip hop head KNOWS that RD is the safe choice for the best Jay album.  Its the same exact thing with ppl who say Premo is the best or Rap died in the late 90's or early-early 00's.  Preme being YOUR favorite is 1 thing [and i respect that] but to act like that man is the best to ever do it is completely absurd #lame.  True he was one of the top in the game from about 90'-96'/97' i'll give u that (and im being humble becuz i have preferences myself) but at the end up the day it doesnt hold up as true.  

so with that said, u dont know more than me and youll be pressed to find sum1 who does.  my passion for this game is unmatched and a rare find.  it is what it is.  nobody just wakes up 1 day and knows what i know, it takes true love

#trustory
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:28:36 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
its all repetition.  u just dont wake up 1 day and pop in "Mecca & The Soul Brother" and "iLLMATIC" and all of a sudden youre a hip hop guru.  like anything u gotta know the craft and "repetition it".  There's been days and night where the only thing i had was Hip Hop (literally).  no sentimental shit but its the truth

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »
but i have a wider scope of the entire culture and musical side of Hip Hop and thats been proven time and time again (by default at that).  

Especially when it comes to lyricists and song writers.  Any REAL hip hop head KNOWS that RD is the safe choice for the best Jay album.  Its the same exact thing with ppl who say Premo is the best or Rap died in the late 90's or early-early 00's.  Preme being YOUR favorite is 1 thing [and i respect that] but to act like that man is the best to ever do it is completely absurd #lame.  True he was one of the top in the game from about 90'-96'/97' i'll give u that (and im being humble becuz i have preferences myself) but at the end up the day it doesnt hold up as true.  

so with that said, u dont know more than me and youll be pressed to find sum1 who does.  my passion for this game is unmatched and a rare find.  it is what it is.  nobody just wakes up 1 day and knows what i know, it takes true love

#trustory
the minstrel show continues......

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
Ok befor i judge,let me take a listen at this cat..back in amin. 8)