Author Topic: Chuck Phillips Exposed (Shade Sheist related.)  (Read 185 times)

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
Chuck Phillips Exposed (Shade Sheist related.)
« on: February 28, 2003, 02:17:25 PM »
An interesting twist in the recent Shade Sheist radio scandal has come to light. According to the Program Director of U-92 in Salt Lake City (where Shade Sheist recently hosted his own concert with Ja Rule) Chuck Phillips (the editor who accused Shade Sheist of illegally receiving airplay at Los Angeles-based Power 106 because of his long-time partnership with Damion Young aka Damizza who is now a head executive at the station and also the producer of records from Sheist's recent "Informal Introduction" Lp) called him weeks before posting the article to ask why he was playing the Shade Sheist record. Why? Because the Utah station along with a long list of other stations nationally were spinning the Shade Sheist record at a similar rate. And Chuck called all of them. And all of them told him that the record was testing well and the strength of the video was keeping it popular. With this information, Chuck Phillips, obviously upset he didn't get the answers he was expecting decided to ignore his notes and create his own answers to compose an article that would catch attention. The story did nothing but propel Shade Sheist's popularity and expose the man's true industry power which was once a mystery. But this information just goes to show that the L.A.Times still hasn't stopped the enjoyment of shining a bad light on hip-hop.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 03:12:58 PM by West_C_Internal »
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

Kaidy

Re:Chuck Phillips Exposed (Shade Sheist related.)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 04:30:05 AM »
C'mon now. I'm not trying to defend Chuck Philips or the LA Times since i havent read the article in question, but its pretty much common knowledge that Damian has been playing shade's shit way too much on Power.

Question: if so many people were calling in and requesting Shade Sheist in LA, how come the shit never got any play on The Beat? That shits shady, the whole radio industry is shady. its coo damian and shade are tryna use it to their advantage but its still a fucked up situation.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 05:20:53 AM »
They're BOTH shady. The radio industry AND Chuck Phillips.

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 11:25:17 AM »
Shade will never get played on the Beat as long as he works with Damion. That's common knowledge. What's funny is "Wake Up" was #1 with Beat listeners even though they weren't even spinning the single. Shade Sheist is not receiving any more airplay than any other record that is topping the charts. "In Da Club" plays as much as "Where I Wanna Be" once did, WC's "The Streets" played just as much as "Wake Up" when it was the #1 record. Power 106 would not risk it's top rank for Shade Sheist. Being legitimate is what has kept them on top for this long. Beyond that, there are documents that disprove any notion that any illegal activity was performed on behalf of Shade Sheist. It was a good attempt by Chuck Phillips to try to destroy Shade's reputation (my gut tells me he was paid to write the article) but all he ended up doing was giving Shade the exposure he needs anyways.
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations