Author Topic: The New West!!!!!!!  (Read 844 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: The New West!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
i've HEARD of them but that doesnt mean i dont know shit about Hip Hop becuz theyre not in my mp3 player.  IMO Cali artists are hella gay when it comes to naming themselves, they come up with absolutely tha dumbest fuckin names ever and it makes me (and i imagine most ppl, from Cali or Not) turned off from tha jump.  Fuck i look like bumpin some gangsta rapper named AP-9?  

Im sure he's talented becuz he's a Vet but idc about that, who does?

Its not like ppl wont give a nigga from tha Westcoast a chance, usually its them who dont give theirselves a chance.  Yall r right, ppl do kinda throw shade towards the West, but thats becuz most of them aint original.  Theres nothing wrong with Samples and 808s and reppin where u from but yall Westcoast katz need to step yall game up foreal.  

Aint nobody thats under 35 (for the most part) stuck in tha 90's as far as nostalgia and other subtle shit goes, we've just had enuf of half-assers bitchin about bein tha underdogg and not getting a proper chance and then turn around n not deliver.  Its a 2-way street yaknow
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:41:24 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »
flood up the first page with "legit" topics about legit artists and see what happens dummy.  u talk alot so keep the conversation going.  And dont be surprised when u make a thread about a nobody "pita bread" loco emcee or hardcore horrorcore rappers and nobody responds.  

#wordoftheday

lol@them being no-names. smh

bruh, i havent heard any of those songs or those rappers for that matter (besides the obvious) but homie, u can do better than that.  Seriously

if u dont know who AP9 is or Killa Tay than u know shit about rap

money...that shits too hard for HBG

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Its not that theyr wack but maybe lack of promoting, but honestly you gotta want too listen to all 5million new west rappers. Id actually wish they would stop calling it the new west, cause it gives the youngins an excuse to why theyr not on the radio or on the home page of a poplular forum. Also who says whos old and whos new, because i believe we have a grey area, no disrespect but i just dont have the time or patience to listen to 100 more new artist every month. For every artist you have 2 producers so that just adds to the clutter.  8)

I still dont have all the kendrick lamar material before section 80, lol not to mention the individuals  of black hippy.

I don't think these rappers consider or called them selfs "The New West". I just called it that way to distinguish them from new school to the old school. I think Crooked I was the first to start that shit back in 05 or 06 and WC took offensive to it.

As far as wanting to listen to the new artist, I look at myself like a sporting scout  looking for new talent and looking for next years top prospects. Skimming through new music can be a challenge filtering through garbage, so so and really good records. When I finally come across something new and refreshing,it gives me a sense of hope for the future. What's gonna happen when your favorite artist finally retires  or makes a disappointing record?

There's a couple of good mixtapes out there with really good beats and a different sound witch I like. Lyrically there ok but I vibe out to music and then it grows on me. I think to many of you guys expectations are the next 2pac or Snoop Dogg star quality power and if they don't meet those standards then y'all just don't give them a chance. Whatever I'm done trying to explain shit. Do you and have a nice day ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:51:34 AM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

SUR GANG

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »
Im from CALI.... San Diego to be exact and i know exactly what homie ^^^^^^ up there is sayin..... there is some new good music out there but u do have to filter through A LOT of BULLSHIT to find some decent tracks....

Dom Kennedy - my type of party gets played a lot in the clubs out here....
Kendrick goes hard
Jay Rock
School Boy Q - Underrated like a motherfucker
YG - some shit bangs... that cali living is the jam tho... him and dom kennedy... that shit hits hard.... " U THE MAN? I NEVER KNEW THAT?"...... haha classic
Nipsey - has some good tracks.... needs to step his beat selection up tho...
Casey Vegies is coo....
Problem - Mollywood mixtape was coo the first couple of listens.... then got old real quick....
iamsu is alright but get the same vibe as Problem....

that g funk shit is dead.... dre, snoop, too short, E40, Spice 1, Quick, DPG, all that bay hyphy shit to all that sac town gangsta shit... even tho i still bump those classics.... all these older cats had their run... now its time to let these young cats do their thing... this is a YOUNG MANS GAME NOW.... THAT SIMPLE...... with that said......

Everyone i just mentioned has prob at least 1 song that bumps and gives me hope cuz this is that "NEW CALI SHIT" and me being from CALIFORNIA i have to bang these muthafuckas...... cuz this is straight WEST COAST ALL DAY EVERYDAY  8) and i still bump Mitchy Slick... hahaha KLAK KLAK KLAK KLAK...... YEA DAT

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:27:04 PM by SUR GANG »