Author Topic: Dr. Dre's complete discography since Chronic 2001 ?  (Read 1527 times)

Okka

Re: Dr. Dre's complete discography since Chronic 2001 ?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
You are so fuckin stupid. Do you even know what Executive Producer means?

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »

lol, you GOTTA be retarded. yes, i do know what an executive producer is, buddy. but try to follow me......songs typically do not have EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION credits. FULL ALBUMS are usually executive produced by a certain overseer, but the soundtrack was not executive produced by Dre, it was the actual SONG, meaning Dre had a part in the production of the SONG, not the ALBUM, my boy

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

lol, you GOTTA be retarded. yes, i do know what an executive producer is, buddy. but try to follow me......songs typically do not have EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION credits. FULL ALBUMS are usually executive produced by a certain overseer, but the soundtrack was not executive produced by Dre, it was the actual SONG, meaning Dre had a part in the production of the SONG, not the ALBUM, my boy
Yeah but since the soundtrack was put together by someone else, you don't think it's possible the song it's self  is just 1 from a bigger session were Dr. Dre was the executive producer? I mean it probably was a left over for an album or whatever.

I mean Dogg food had two Executive producers (Dr. Dre & Suge Knight). GIven the fact they are generally the ones who give final approval of the project it wouldn't amaze me if they release stuff that's sorta the same in taste to the stuff they make themselves.

Okka

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
Mel-Man made the beat. You can try to twist it how ever you want.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 04:40:52 PM »

he made the beat as much as he made the beats on "2001"

Okka

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »

Mel-Man played the instruments on "Year 2000" himself. As you can see on the booklet of "2001" there were a lot of people involved in makin' of every beat.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »

Yeah but since the soundtrack was put together by someone else, you don't think it's possible the song it's self  is just 1 from a bigger session were Dr. Dre was the executive producer? I mean it probably was a left over for an album or whatever.

I mean Dogg food had two Executive producers (Dr. Dre & Suge Knight). GIven the fact they are generally the ones who give final approval of the project it wouldn't amaze me if they release stuff that's sorta the same in taste to the stuff they make themselves.

naah...it's the same story with khalil gettin production credits on songs that woulda been credited to dre back in the 90's. at the end of the day, it's a dre production. mel-man came up with the beat, dre produced it. to give mel-man some due, dre most likely gave him production credit and took "executive production" credit (which is atypical for a song), where as on "2001", dre took 50/50 credit (which mel-man later complained about). but obviously, he is credited with production on the actual track "year 2k".

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

Mel-Man played the instruments on "Year 2000" himself. As you can see on the booklet of "2001" there were a lot of people involved in makin' of every beat.

exactly, but based on the traditional definition of producer, dre PRODUCED the track, just like with all of "2001"...of course, it was a collection of people comin up with the beat ideas, and instrumentations (mel-man, elizando, storch, etc), but dre was the final producer, and when dre puts his stamp on something, it's clear as can be...."Year 2k" has that stamp.

Okka

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 05:00:58 PM »
Why didn't Dre get the publishing credit then? You can believe what you want.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
Publishing is somethign different if I remember correctly idk I'm drunk as fuck right now, anyways. Dr. Dre probably gets credit because he has the final say on everything. Even if some other efe makes the beat, another creates some of the back round effects, Dr. Dre approves in what order/how it's gonna appear on the final recording, hence why he get's the producers credit. Same shit with his recording lyrics, if he doesn't like a line he tells em rewrite it until it gets his approval, however he doesn't actually get credit for writing because he doesn't write in any shape, while with Music someone may take a drum beat and he'll play with it himself until he gets it to what he likes.

Producing/Exec producing is pretty murky when it comes to hip-hop and even though some stuff has been "Credit" to someone you gotta remember a lot of times these guys don't even label their samples properly.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »

dre got production and mixing credit.....

Okka

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
Yeah, Dre was the executive producer. Not the actual producer of the song and he didn't even mix the song by himself.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
Yeah, Dre was the executive producer. Not the actual producer of the song and he didn't even mix the song by himself.

he was the executive producer of the song, yet he wasn't a producer of the actual song? that doesnt make sense. any kinda production credit on a song is production credit LOL.......really, though, it's common sense what was goin on in those aftermath studios. it's not really that hard to figure out.

johnnie360

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »
Not sure if this already posted but he is featured on knocs song when it all comes down to it (BANGIN)

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 04:01:39 AM »

he was the executive producer of the song, yet he wasn't a producer of the actual song? that doesnt make sense. any kinda production credit on a song is production credit LOL.......really, though, it's common sense what was goin on in those aftermath studios. it's not really that hard to figure out.
  :eh:

You do know the actual difference between a Executive Producer and a producer right? because after reading this post I gotta ask. because from my understanding a Executive producer doesn't actually touch the musical aspect more the business side. Also any kind of production credit isn't just a production credit, there is a reason why their is a Producer and a Executive producer credit to help differentiate the duties each one comes with.

However given how a lot of the times rappers just all go into the studio and just do their thing, unless it's stated you can't really tell who did what. I mean when I read post saying "oh yeah Dr. Dre did those drums" that's debatable.  because the only 1s who knows what's going on are the ones in the studio. and people saying "oh but it's his signature sound" a sound can be replicated, look at the G-Funk Era.

I remember this sorta thing got debated when it came to "Kush", not who got official credit but just what/How much Dr. Dre did with the track. Honestly if someones credited I say let em take it, obviously the people involved have a reason. Either way doesn't effect me.  8)