Author Topic: Pusha probably wont go Platinum but they should release it anyway  (Read 342 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

He's nice and he's put in his work for G.O.O.D.  He's come into his own as a Solo artist now.  I'm sure he's gonna have features like 2Chainz, John Legend, and Kanye as they should even tho I'd replace John Legend with Mary J for this one becuz more than likely like it always is with John Legend and a rapper you'll get some kinda "been thru tha storm''/"keep ya head up homie"

But I'm actually kinda hoping he'll throw Jay Elec, Q-Tip, and Cyhi on there too to throw some balance on some of those street records to make sure it's hard but it has a more leveler feeling to it to give some of tha songs some diversity.  

That's what makes Juicy J's music great.  He's practically rapped about the same thing for 22 years with some of tha same beats throw in there here and there but he keeps it fresh alot of the times.  Recently its been getting a little repetitive but he'll catch himself somewhere around mid-verse.  

I think if alot of artists can master that craft somehow in their own way through their music (and image i guess) then they'll have more longetivy (even tho i could be wrong (but ehh).  But that's what i think Pusha needs to do with his approach to music on this particular point in his career for this album.  He needs to shed light on who he is as an artist.  Becuz the music is getting better but if I'm gonna buy an album from HIM (becuz i wouldnt buy an album from just anybody) then I'm gonna need some depth even if it's just a little bit, I'm gonna need some variety.  

I actually think some of his peers on his label not named Common would be the perfect balance for some of the body.  Could u image a Tribe sounding track thats something sexual for the bitches that isnt cheesy and in the sane aoura of sexyness like "You" and "Find A Way" that a stripper could dance to and u could grind to ur gurl on but not so Atlanta-ish and not so predicatable.  Get like like maybe a 90's vibe but with a feel good feeling.  

I didnt really like his last album.  The only tracks that were good was the joint with 50 Cent and "Alone In Vegas" and both still sound good today.  I hope this album is better than the last one.  Im like the only one i know talkin about a Pusha T album but idc, other ppl r too and so im not alone.  I think he's got it in him to drop a nice Solo but he has to add the right amount of formula.  He's got the ingridients so now he just has to blend em together to make the right chicken

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Dqgr0wNyPo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Dqgr0wNyPo</a>

and oh yeah.  the girl can be on there too but only if its hot.  And i guess John Legend wouldnt be so bad if the track didnt really have any drums to it kinda like ordinary ppl or maybe something creative in that nature drum-wise with guest verses by 2Chainz and John Legend on the hook and piano (if it isnt a dull Grand like the earlier Rick Ross albums post "Port Of Miami"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:02:09 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Pusha probably wont go Platinum but they should release it anyway
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »
It's starting to sound like Pusha is starting to have a little range to work with

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Push is entering into his prime right now.  FOG 2 was one of my favorite albums of the last few years.  I still bump it.  This latest mixtape has been of the chains and his diss tracks are hot as well.  Can't wait for his new album.  I disagree with you about his range though.  I like him rapping about coke all the time.

"Didn't bat an eye at it, kept the poker face, cause the batter I added made the coca paste"  Who got it like that?

Right now, Push and TI are the only artists I'm feeling.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »
"IM FROM VIRGINIA WHERE AINT SHIT TO DO BUT COOK"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
"IM FROM VIRGINIA WHERE AINT SHIT TO DO BUT COOK"

them crackaz spend money on coke out here for sure.  

FOD2 was poor instrumentally, there wasnt any crack.  I smoked reggie stronger than them shits.  

And i dont want him to switch up his style, that was the exact point of this thread.  

BIGWORM

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
"door panels full of shit & I ain't full of shit"

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »
I didnt really like his last album.  The only tracks that were good was the joint with 50 Cent and "Alone In Vegas" and both still sound good today.

I thought that you would spark to mellow tracks like "Can I Live?"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/74niHnKDLcw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/74niHnKDLcw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I always flash back to Jay's "Ain't No Nigga" video though
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljdzX7a4_Xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ljdzX7a4_Xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Right now, I would say that King Push is second to no one when it comes to charisma on the microphone.  I am definitely looking forward to his solo album, although I hope that there is a verse or skit from No Malice on there, too.

Lord Willin', Fear of God, and Wrath of Caine will not be loosing any rotation time in the near future.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
My Name Is My Name will be incredible.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »
"powdered face like a Geisha, turn one into two watch the brick kiss and make up"

BIGWORM

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 12:36:45 AM »
" I cut it just rite like when I paralel park"