Author Topic: Any college basketball fans?  (Read 691 times)

Sccit

Re: Any college basketball fans?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
lol...college basketball is better cuz the arenas are louder...lmfao

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 09:50:33 AM »
^ It's not like one year is going to make all the difference in the world. Sure it helps, but I'd rather just see the guys that want to go straight to the league do that and have the rest committed to college for a few years to make it more interesting. Sure, for every Kobe or LeBron there's gonna be a Kwame Brown or Darius Miles but if an 18 year old kid wants to go play in the NBA then fuck, just let them go.

Darius Miles was an all-star caliber player before injuries derailed his career

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
^ It's not like one year is going to make all the difference in the world. Sure it helps, but I'd rather just see the guys that want to go straight to the league do that and have the rest committed to college for a few years to make it more interesting. Sure, for every Kobe or LeBron there's gonna be a Kwame Brown or Darius Miles but if an 18 year old kid wants to go play in the NBA then fuck, just let them go.

He came into his own for a bit during his time with the Blazers yeah, but the majority of his career was pretty average. Shame, cause dude was always fun to watch when he was on his game.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:02:12 PM by Remedy360 »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
they should just scrap ncaa basketball and make it into a huge ass AAU league, cause thats what it is anyway
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »

He came into his own for a bit during his time with the Blazers yeah, but the majority of his career was pretty average. Shame, cause dude was always fun to watch when he was on his game.

yea, he was comin into his own, just gettin it together when that injury took him out for good.

his final season was his best (not counting the "comeback" with memphis)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »
The games are just better NBA players stop caring. So much more urgency game in and game out. Producing better basketball.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
The games are just better NBA players stop caring. So much more urgency game in and game out. Producing better basketball.

this is bullshit...i mean, if were talkin bobcats-magic, then yea, theres no urgency with teams that have no incentive. but if uve watched the last 2 laker games vs hornets and raptors and think ull ever find a college game with as much amazingness, then ur sadly mistaking.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
If the Lakers were currently the 4th or 5th seed they would of lost both of those games. Only urgency because there's urgency.

Meanwhile the Spurs could roll over the Thunder tonight because Durant and Westbrook just don't care until April.

Where rivalries and desire to win, desire to hold wins on the home, the desire to not get upset by inferior teams, and the intensity and how it's not dominated by four teams makes it so much more exciting for fans.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »
If the Lakers were currently the 4th or 5th seed they would of lost both of those games. Only urgency because there's urgency.

Meanwhile the Spurs could roll over the Thunder tonight because Durant and Westbrook just don't care until April.

Where rivalries and desire to win, desire to hold wins on the home, the desire to not get upset by inferior teams, and the intensity and how it's not dominated by four teams makes it so much more exciting for fans.

thats just not true...san antonio games are never exciting, but u look at a match-up like OKC vs Miami or Clippers vs Lakers, and that will ALWAYS be an entertaining game, playoffs or not. now, of course, the incentives rise during playoff time, but the nba simply puts out as much better product year-round. no way around it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
Says the Laker fan whose watched Kobe for 17 years and for the most part win.

College basketball games of actual basketball being played is better. The only thing the NBA has on them is that they have marketing teams out there selling you all-stars who get favoritism and its fun to watch those players.

I guess college is one of those things where if you can let go of all-stars running circles around Ronnie Turiaf and putting on a show, you'd get into college.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »

College basketball games of actual basketball being played is better. The only thing the NBA has on them is that they have marketing teams out there selling you all-stars who get favoritism and its fun to watch those players.

I guess college is one of those things where if you can let go of all-stars running circles around Ronnie Turiaf and putting on a show, you'd get into college.

NBA IS BETTER BECAUSE THE TALENT LEVEL IS MUCH HIGHER, AND TEAMS ARE ACTUALLY TEAMS, NOT JUST PROGRAMS WITH BRAND NEW ROSTERS EVERY YEAR.

MAYBE I AM SPOILED AS A LAKER FAN, BUT ILL TELL U 1 THING, RONNY TURIAF WOULD CURRENTLY BE A STAR IN COLLEGE.

I STILL ENJOY COLLEGE, THO...ESPECIALLY MARCH MADNESS

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »
those faggots at U of Albany had to beat Maine by one point :(

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

NBA IS BETTER BECAUSE THE TALENT LEVEL IS MUCH HIGHER, AND TEAMS ARE ACTUALLY TEAMS, NOT JUST PROGRAMS WITH BRAND NEW ROSTERS EVERY YEAR.

MAYBE I AM SPOILED AS A LAKER FAN, BUT ILL TELL U 1 THING, RONNY TURIAF WOULD CURRENTLY BE A STAR IN COLLEGE.

except that Turiaf is 30 years old so he wouldn't be in college

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »

question mark?