Author Topic: Any college basketball fans?  (Read 690 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Any college basketball fans?
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »
It's that time of year. Go Duke.  8)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Any college basketball fans?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
go Uconn....oh wait we're banned this year :(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
Psh. Napier and Bogart are nasty though.

And Omar Calhoun is a Queens kid. 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »
yeah i like watching napier play

i miss Calhoun at coach...he was great.  one of the best coaches in basketball 4 sure.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »
A good portion of my family is based in Illinois so I've always been a die-hard for them, very up and down year but they'll at least be a tourney team. Of course I follow UW too, pretty weak this year though.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
Meh.

college sports is kinda wack these days.

Stupid realignments, one and done players are the norm....i'll take the nba thank you very much.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »
Meh.

college sports is kinda wack these days.

Stupid realignments, one and done players are the norm....i'll take the nba thank you very much.

Yeah I prefer the NBA (although I don't currently have a home team to root for). I follow the two teams I mentioned and the tourney basically, the rest of it doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. I also like to keep up with any big time NBA prospects which aren't particularly prominent this year.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:38:37 PM by Remedy360 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:00:33 PM »
College is so much better than the NBA. Such a will to win. Like the crowd in Indiana tonight was louder for a meaningless game considering Indiana is already considered the favorite to win it all, than any NBA teams crowd will be all playoffs long.

The Carrier Dome in Syracuse has ten thousand more seats than MSG and the Staple Center combined and they still sell that out every home game.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »
College is so much better than the NBA. Such a will to win. Like the crowd in Indiana tonight was louder for a meaningless game considering Indiana is already considered the favorite to win it all, than any NBA teams crowd will be all playoffs long.

The Carrier Dome in Syracuse has ten thousand more seats than MSG and the Staple Center combined and they still sell that out every home game.

see thats my thing with it though, the drunken college kids will always be going crazy for their team.  But i think the actual product itself is watered down because a lot of these teams arent actually built theyre put together groups of dudes trying to bounce out in a year to go cash in while they can. 

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

see thats my thing with it though, the drunken college kids will always be going crazy for their team.  But i think the actual product itself is watered down because a lot of these teams arent actually built theyre put together groups of dudes trying to bounce out in a year to go cash in while they can.  

Exactly. If a player is above average with NBA talent you'll be lucky if he stays two years. Not saying it's never entertaining, but in terms of pure entertainment I'd take the NBA 9 times out of 10. I think they should let the guys go straight into the NBA that want to and hold the rest to 3 years or some shit, would make it a lot more interesting to see teams actually build together as opposed to scrambling every time a freshman decides to leave.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:02:07 AM by Remedy360 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 02:02:55 AM »
the reason i can't really go hard into college b-ball is because i like consistency and while college football has players stay 3-4 years in b-ball it was rare for a guy like Kemba Walker to stay at Uconn 3 years

with that said i love the fact the NBA made people like Durant go to college for one year because i was tired of seeing teams draft freaking little kids with attitude issues (see Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard) and turn them into projects with potential

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
^ It's not like one year is going to make all the difference in the world. Sure it helps, but I'd rather just see the guys that want to go straight to the league do that and have the rest committed to college for a few years to make it more interesting. Sure, for every Kobe or LeBron there's gonna be a Kwame Brown or Darius Miles but if an 18 year old kid wants to go play in the NBA then fuck, just let them go.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
^ It's not like one year is going to make all the difference in the world. Sure it helps, but I'd rather just see the guys that want to go straight to the league do that and have the rest committed to college for a few years to make it more interesting. Sure, for every Kobe or LeBron there's gonna be a Kwame Brown or Darius Miles but if an 18 year old kid wants to go play in the NBA then fuck, just let them go.

college helps you develop more skills and you are only playing 30-40 games (pending how good your team is in March) and practicing like a third as much as NBA teams practice

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:47 PM »
It's all for money. Stern sends the future of the NBA to schools for one year and its like free promotion.

UK had the biggest drawings ever with Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis, who both would have skipped out if they didn't have to go one year.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
It's all for money. Stern sends the future of the NBA to schools for one year and its like free promotion.

UK had the biggest drawings ever with Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis, who both would have skipped out if they didn't have to go one year.

yeah of course its for the money, i agree.

which has watered down the content of college basketball considerably.