Author Topic: Lady of Rage on Why Dre Left Death Row Jan 13, 2012  (Read 1410 times)

123imagee

Re: Lady of Rage on Why Dre Left Death Row Jan 13, 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »
greatest female rapper of all time.

HELL NO!She´s Just Another Battle-Rapper Wihtout Meaning And Context In Her "Songs", Prove Me I´m Wrong

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

Every Other Female MC On DR Was Better Than Rage.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »

HELL NO!She´s Just Another Battle-Rapper Wihtout Meaning And Context In Her "Songs", Prove Me I´m Wrong

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

I'll take Storm over Rage because of Storm's deep verses but I'll take Rage as an emcee and lyricist

and Rage vs Bloody Mary?  Sorry Mary (RIP) but I'll take Rage any day...same with the others on that list

123imagee

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »
I'll take Storm over Rage because of Storm's deep verses but I'll take Rage as an emcee and lyricist

Ok, I See Your Point But: "Ill Take Rage As An MC & Lyricist" Why?Lyricist Only Talk About HOW DOPE THEY ARE WITHOUT PROVING IT, AVERAGE BATTLERAP ISHH.

Mietek23

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 02:42:24 AM »

Co-sign.

Wonder why she wasn't on 2001

She said in an old interview made years ago, that Dre called her and ask her to be on "2001", she said cool and after that she waited for Dre to send her a track to spit, but he never got back @ her...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

rage shits on them.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

123imagee

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

rage shits on them.

Why?How?Because She Raps About Rapping And How "Lyrical" She Is?What Else Does She Say/Rap About?Ever Heard A Meaningful Line/Verse By Rage?
Yall Confuse The Fact: If I Rap About How I Rap And If My Lyrics Consist Of Lines In Which I Say How Dope Rhymes Are It Makes No Sense.
Immortal Tech Is Lyrical, Pac Was Lyrical, Nas Is Lyrical, Chino XL Is Lyrical, Ras Kass Is Lyrical, etc. Rhymes With Sense And Not
"Yo, Yo, Yo
MC Cold-Killer, Lyrical Murderer, Microphone Snatcher",etc.
Storm & Bloody Mary Over Rage Over Rage Anyday.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

rage shits on them.

Why?How?Because She Raps About Rapping And How "Lyrical" She Is?What Else Does She Say/Rap About?Ever Heard A Meaningful Line/Verse By Rage?
Yall Confuse The Fact: If I Rap About How I Rap And If My Lyrics Consist Of Lines In Which I Say How Dope Rhymes Are It Makes No Sense.
Immortal Tech Is Lyrical, Pac Was Lyrical, Nas Is Lyrical, Chino XL Is Lyrical, Ras Kass Is Lyrical, etc. Rhymes With Sense And Not
"Yo, Yo, Yo
rage was a beast back then homie. none them held a candle near rage period.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

rage shits on them.

"Yo, Yo, Yo

Lyrical doesn't automatically make them better

It's not like Rock Scissors Paper  :laugh:

123imagee

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:46 AM »

Bloody Mary
Paradise
Storm
VK
NINA

rage shits on them.

"Yo, Yo, Yo
rage was a beast back then homie. none them held a candle near rage period.

She Ain´t Deep, She Ain´t Gangsta.Period.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:58 AM »
LOL and being gangsta or lyrical still don't = automatically better

Cube was both in the early days but his stuff still often sounds silly as hell

123imagee

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:08 AM »
Ok Then I Ask It Like This:

What´s Ya Definition Of A Lyrical MC?

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »
lyrical structure, flow, mic prowess, technical abilities, punchlines....rage has all of these. GOAT female rapper, by far.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 01:20:31 PM »
Rage crew up loving New York style of rap...which was a battle type of style, thus she became that type of rapper.  She never really had a large catalog of full lps for you to really judge her "content" outside of her battle rap style.  But for what she did she was the best.

Similar to Snoop...at that time he had captured the moment for me as one of the best rappers.  You go back and listen to some of his lyrics in the aftermath and in a different era it sounds simple but it was just something about him rapping over those Dre beats at that time, was magic!

123imagee

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »
lyrical structure, flow, mic prowess, technical abilities, punchlines....rage has all of these. GOAT female rapper, by far.

all above is good but what bout C-O-N-T-E-N-T?

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 02:50:07 AM »

all above is good but what bout C-O-N-T-E-N-T?

So u disregard half the art of hiphop, the 2 tables and a mic roots of hiphop...and the fact Rage had a no bullshit approach by using her intelligence and skill to rhyme tighter and slicker than the next MC, and that she avoids fake gangsta persona shit

But you'd rate her higher if she sang the theme to Fresh Prince of Bel Air?