Author Topic: Favorite Jay Z album besides Reasonable Doubt????? JayZ best catalogue in rap??  (Read 540 times)

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I was going throaugh Jay Z catalouge and man, does he have a great one. With so many albums that are classic, to near classic. Or atleast average or better. I was wondering whats evryones favorite Jay Z album besides Reasonable Doubt. Im not asking what is Jay Z best album beside Reasonable Doubt, im asking whats your favorite album. Theres a big diffrence. I for one, have always been a Jigga fan but never owned or even lisened to alot of his albums. Just heard all the Blueprint albums for first time recently and was very suprised. Ive heard singles and songs from all the Blueprints but never checked and listened to full album. But with all the albums Jay Z has out, I say  he has one of the most solid, best catalogues than any other artist. Most artist will fall off after few albums. But Jay has stayed consistantly dope all way through.

Discuss whats your favorite Jay Z album, What you feel about his carrer, Blueprint as a whole, What is the worste Blueprint Album?

Hack Wilson - real

dudes music in the 90s was dope

2000s?  very forgettable but payola pays off

ABN

IMO his catalogue is pretty weak. And if you compare his catalogue to Ice Cube's or Scarface's catalogues i'd go as far and say that Jay is the most inconsistent rapper of all time. He drops 1 or 2 wack albums then he comes out with a pretty good/near classic album.

HighEyeCue

In My Lifetime Vol 1 is probably my favorite Jigga album. "Where I'm From" was my jam back in the day...IMO its almost as good as Reasonable Doubt except for "Sunshine" , never felt that track...As far as the Blueprint albums I think in the worst one is definitely the last one with "Empire State of Mind"... I would put Nas catalog over Jay's though

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
the blueprint is my favorite besides reasonable doubt.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

TidyKris

Im going to have to go with Blueprint 1 just for Just Blaze's productions on that album, the beats are quality

after that id go with In My Lifetime Vol.1

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
best catalogue in rap?

all these jayz ass kissing is getting outta hand.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Hack Wilson - real

IMO his catalogue is pretty weak. And if you compare his catalogue to Ice Cube's or Scarface's catalogues i'd go as far and say that Jay is the most inconsistent rapper of all time. He drops 1 or 2 wack albums then he comes out with a pretty good/near classic album.

and Redman

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

I feel you until you brought up Ice Cube as an example his music has been in a nose dive since The Predator

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Most overrated rapper in history.

All his albums are weak.  Even Reasonable Doubt.  I was on a long ass drive and I actually have that album just for the purpose of my nostalgia for 1996.  Anyway, I was on a long drive a week ago so I figured I'd give it another chance.  I was going to listen with an open mind and everything, got through a few tracks and couldn't listen anymore.  Totally boring.  YYYAAAAWWWN!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

midwestryder

I feel you until you brought up Ice Cube as an example his music has been in a nose dive since The Predator
that is buulcrap what you said about Ice Cube . Ice Cubes first 4 albums are all classics & dope as hell . the predator was classic & a dope album . Lethal injection was the album after the predator & it was a classic & dope album .

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Didnt say he had the BEST catalogue in hip hop, But hes definatelly up there, Dude really dosnt really have a weak album....Reasonable Doubt, Black Album, Blueprint, and rest of Blueprint albums are all qaulity albums.... Redman does have a great catalogue , so does Ice cube. Cube last 4 albums or so, have been below sub par with exception of few tracks. But back to topic, never been a big Jigga fan,  like i said, I never heard any of the Blueprint albums entirely untill recently. But was very suprised, how good alot of his albums are.. Favorite Blueprint album right now would be the first, and favorite Jay album would be black album, just cause its the only jay z album ive owned and i have alot of great memories lisening to that album.

Hack Wilson - real

Most overrated rapper in history.

All his albums are weak.  Even Reasonable Doubt.  I was on a long ass drive and I actually have that album just for the purpose of my nostalgia for 1996.  Anyway, I was on a long drive a week ago so I figured I'd give it another chance.  I was going to listen with an open mind and everything, got through a few tracks and couldn't listen anymore.  Totally boring.  YYYAAAAWWWN!

what songs on R.D. were weak?

did you actually listen to Bring It On or Dead Presidents?

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?

that is buulcrap what you said about Ice Cube . Ice Cubes first 4 albums are all classics & dope as hell . the predator was classic & a dope album . Lethal injection was the album after the predator & it was a classic & dope album .
yea but like he said, since then his shit took a nose dive. so his catalogue can't really even be considered. just like your love for pro wrestling, your love for ice cube is blinding you.

and yes, jay-z is the most overrated rapper in history. reasonable doubt had like 2-3 good songs and that was about it.
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

what songs on R.D. were weak?

did you actually listen to Bring It On or Dead Presidents?

yes, one time I actually made it through the whole album.  It wasn't easy, but I did it.   "Dead Presidents" is certainly one of the best Jay-Z songs.  

You asked me what tracks are weak, let's take the Biggie track for example.  It sounds like they are at a party or on a radio show and were requested to just rap over some random beat.  The beat is wack and cheezy and they just simple dropped some bars over it.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)