Author Topic: Dr. Dre Says He's Inspired To Record Again New Interview 2013  (Read 1582 times)

Will_B

Re: Dr. Dre Says He's Inspired To Record Again New Interview 2013
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:32 AM »
I'm sorry but anyone who listens to a station that still plays Forgot about Dre all the time (like over here) would be interested in a new Dre album. That's not even the die hard fans

Tracks like that and Let Me Ride are a part of modern pop culture

B.A.

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
Yeah, of course he is inspired to record again. Right when he got a new venture comin' out.

Yup, he'll probably drop a couple whack tracks and swear they're teasers off of Detox, meanwhile he'll be promoting whatever the hell he's promoting and then, right when it seems like he might be for real this time (again)... NOTHING!... It is what it is, I mean dude's making a grip off of his other ventures so it's not like he needs money and if he does drop an album he has all kinds of pressure coming from fans, other artists, the label, himself, etc. I'd keep slanggin' them head phones too. I think a lot of people could care less about a new album from Dre, if it happens and it's dope, cool, if it never comes out, don't matter.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:30:43 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:38 AM »
Yeah he didn't say anything about an album but him saying he is trying new things creatively has kinda sparked my interest. Dre has more or less stuck to his same formula for a long time so I would like to hear what him trying new things creatively would actually sound like. With his skills and ears, could be some amazing shit.
i'm sure it's not the first time that he's experimenting, he just didn't release the material

Dre needs to get back on them steroids before he can release anything. There's a reason why he was so big when he put out "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor".
if he becomes too big, he will explode :laugh:

^I dont recall recovery sounding like it was for kids? but i only heard it a few times.
 We all have moved past Detox but your a liar if you deny that you would ALL buy it if it came out.

depends on the album direction.

Yeah, of course he is inspired to record again. Right when he got a new venture comin' out.

Yup, he'll probably drop a couple whack tracks and swear they're teasers off of Detox, meanwhile he'll be promoting whatever the hell he's promoting and then, right when it seems like he might be for real this time (again)... NOTHING!... It is what it is, I mean dude's making a grip off of his other ventures so it's not like he needs money and if he does drop an album he has all kinds of pressure coming from fans, other artists, the label, himself, etc. I'd keep slanggin' them head phones too. I think a lot of people could care less about a new album from Dre, if it happens and it's dope, cool, if it never comes out, don't matter.
i'm sure he has enough material from all those years, i wouldn't mind hearing some of it.
i won't be mad if he doesn't do it though.
a few years ago i was very disappointed that he didn't drop detox. now, i'm glad that he didn't release the album with the 'featuring dre' direction, as i think that what we've heard isn't good enough.
it's not the same without his production.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 08:00:26 AM »
I think enough people are interested that it would sell decent, not Em numbers but Kendrick numbers..I don't think Dre cares about sales at this point though

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:49 AM »
i guarantee dre has enough material in the vault to compile a hip-hop classic. it's just that he has the wrong cats in his ear tellin him what to release and what to keep shelved. he simply forgot that if the music is genuinely good, it'll sell itself. fuck that, it'll sell based on being the most anticipated album in rap history alone. all we need is one authentic club banger ala cali love, next episode, keep their heads ringin, etc and shit'll get pushed to diamond. generic shit like "mr prescription" or "chillin" on a dre album will not work in dre's favor. but platinum is already guaranteed just from it saying "dr. dre - detox" on the cover.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »
i guarantee dre has enough material in the vault to compile a hip-hop classic. it's just that he has the wrong cats in his ear tellin him what to release and what to keep shelved. he simply forgot that if the music is genuinely good, it'll sell itself. fuck that, it'll sell based on being the most anticipated album in rap history alone. all we need is one authentic club banger ala cali love, next episode, keep their heads ringin, etc and shit'll get pushed to diamond. generic shit like "mr prescription" or "chillin" on a dre album will not work in dre's favor. but platinum is already guaranteed just from it saying "dr. dre - detox" on the cover.

One day someone will convince Dre to open that vault and people will be amazed. Both 50 and Crooked said that Dre has classics in there, but he doesn't think it's good enough. The man called the greatest producer in Hip-Hop has self-esteem issues?

WestWestYA

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
and dr dre says nothing you idiot, dr dre's locked in my basement :)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
Yeah he didn't say anything about an album but him saying he is trying new things creatively has kinda sparked my interest. Dre has more or less stuck to his same formula for a long time so I would like to hear what him trying new things creatively would actually sound like. With his skills and ears, could be some amazing shit.

I agree, new is good.

But the problem is, usually in rap, "new" actually means "change your style to sound like whatevers popular".

And i dont wanna hear some bullshit ass songs with rick ross, 2 chains, and rhianna on the hook, with southern beats barfing in the background.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Matty