Author Topic: Ghostface Killah Admits He "Couldn't Stand" Wu-Tang Clan's "8 Diagrams"  (Read 837 times)

Iron_Man

• 'G'
Five years and some change after he called it a "bullsh-t" album, Ghostface Killah's feelings on Wu-Tang Clan's "8 Diagrams" haven't changed. He claims many fans that liked it are "yes men.

by JAKE PAINE
posted March 22, 2013 at 12:05PM

Released in December of 2007, 8 Diagrams was the last official Wu-Tang Clan album. While Staten Island, New York emcee veteran Ghostface Killah appeared of our of the album's 16 songs, the Theodore Unit founder admitted that he was not a fan of the product.

In a new Ghostface Killah: "Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album" - XXL , Ghost stressed that the SRC Records release was sub-par. “8 Diagrams, I couldn’t stand it ‘cause I know us, and then I know my man [RZA] even more,” said the G.F.K. “I’m like, ‘Yo, how could you give our fu-king people that?’ Now you had people that said, ‘Oh no, I liked it.’ That might be the ‘yes men’ niggas. You know what I mean? Or it’s a miss or something ‘cause I know how we can be. These motherfu-kers wanted the skits. They wanted to feel like they at home with us. They wanna feel like, ‘Y’all didn’t hear this in a long time. What y’all got now?’”

The album debuted at #25 on the Top 200 upon release. It was the nine-person (including the late Ol' Dirty Bastard) collective's first album since 2001's Iron Flag.

In the XXL piece, Ghostface explains what he hopes to hear, should Wu-Tang Clan complete their sixth album, which is said to be underway. Ghostface Killah's 10th solo album, Twelve Reasons To Die is releasing April 16 on RZA's Soul Temple Records. The Wu-Tang Abbott is also executive producing.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There were a few good songs but not many, so overall yeah hes kinda right.

But on the flipside, I dont remember any amazing verses, either.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Okka

I feel what Ghost is sayin'. I still don't like that album.

doggfather

I feel what Ghost is sayin'. I still don't like that album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
they need that album that's on par wit their best album: wu tang forever.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J. B A N A N A S

lol.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

lol.
i made you giggle huh ? i have a way wit the ladies they say.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Remedy360

Yeah I liked a few of the songs but overall it was pretty weak.

Invincible

Everytime I go back and listen to it, it doesn't get any better. When I saw that RZA was producing the majority of it, I got excited. But then I was let down massively. I think I liked about 2 tracks on it.

Efrain

The only song I really liked off 8 Diagrams was "Weak Spot" --- that's CLASSIC wu tang. Sounds like they lifted that straight from the Forever sessions or during the first round of solo albums. Other than that, it might have been a better album if we got the og of heart gently weeps and that "watch your motherfuckin mouth" track that got cut early on. But overall it wasn't a great album.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Ghostface Killah Admits He "Couldn't Stand" Wu-Tang Clan's "8 Diagrams"
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
wu tang music in the 2000's is very mediocre at best

only built part 2 being the one exception

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »

this.

Invincible

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »

Supreme Clientelle is borderline classic. Grandmasters, Pro Tools and 4:21 The Day After were all pretty decent. No Said Date wasn't to bad. Dopium had a few decent cuts too. So I disagree fully.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »

Supreme Clientelle is borderline classic. Grandmasters, Pro Tools and 4:21 The Day After were all pretty decent. No Said Date wasn't to bad. Dopium had a few decent cuts too. So I disagree fully.

S.C. was recorded in 1999 so it doesn't count

pro tools and 4:21 sucked for the most part

haven't heard those others tbh

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:32:05 AM »
Yeah I liked a few of the songs but overall it was pretty weak.