Author Topic: Holy shit! the Royals are going to be fuckin awesome this year!  (Read 953 times)

MistaNova

Re: Holy shit! the Royals are going to be fuckin awesome this year!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
Lol, it's April baseball dude. None of the shit that happens in April or May really matter. Come mid-June/early July, that's when the season starts to matter and when people can give up on their teams.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »
Lol, it's April baseball dude. None of the shit that happens in April or May really matter. Come mid-June/early July, that's when the season starts to matter and when people can give up on their teams.

You remember the Royals went on a 12 game losing streak and didn't win a game at home the whole month of April last year right?   In such situations, when your team is that horrible, may I be permitted to give up on them a little sooner than June/July?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Asani Waye

MistaNova

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »
You remember the Royals went on a 12 game losing streak and didn't win a game at home the whole month of April last year right?   In such situations, when your team is that horrible, may I be permitted to give up on them a little sooner than June/July?

No. When other clubs that are even worse, like the Houston Astros or Miami Marlins, are still in contention you may not give up on your team.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »
THE ROYALS ARE GONNA WIN TEH SUPERBOWL!!!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »
on NY sports radio i heard a sports show host ask if he'd trade the Yankees lineup (without Jeter, Granderson and Tex) for the Royals and he said yes without any doubt

i dunno if i'd do that though...Cano is easily the best player between both teams and the Yanks still have Gardiner and Youk.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
Dodgers >

how often do you watch dodger games??  you need to get into the NFL man...you a Raiders guy?

MistaNova

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
on NY sports radio i heard a sports show host ask if he'd trade the Yankees lineup (without Jeter, Granderson and Tex) for the Royals and he said yes without any doubt

i dunno if i'd do that though...Cano is easily the best player between both teams and the Yanks still have Gardiner and Youk.

That guy must be a moron.

The Yankees line-up might be old and injury prone but I'd rather use the guys we have now than the Royals.
First off there isn't anyone the Royals have that come close to matching Cano. Cano is basically the best 2nd basemen in all of the majors, the Royals don't have the best anything in the majors.
Second of all, most the guys on the Yankees lineup right now are just place-holders until either the real guys come back or the prospects make their way to the show. The guys the Yankees are using now were originally supposed to be bench players, which is a perfect role for those past-their-prime vets who once used to be superstars and all-stars but have just a little bit of life left. Not many teams can say they've got ex-All Stars sitting on their bench. Although if the Royals are dumb enough to trade their entire line-up for place-holders like Boesch, Wells, Overbay and Hafner I'd gladly take it.
And third, they're really underestimating how valuable Brett Gardner is. Then again they think trading away Cano for the Royals line-up is a good idea so I shouldn't be surprised. He's one of the best defensive outfielders in the league (fuck it, I'll say he's the best even), he steals bases and he's got a very good OBP. He's no Joe DiMaggio but if a team wants him (and I'm sure lots of teams would love to have him) they're gonna have to cough up some really nice pieces.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »

That guy must be a moron.

The Yankees line-up might be old and injury prone but I'd rather use the guys we have now than the Royals.
First off there isn't anyone the Royals have that come close to matching Cano. Cano is basically the best 2nd basemen in all of the majors, the Royals don't have the best anything in the majors.
Second of all, most the guys on the Yankees lineup right now are just place-holders until either the real guys come back or the prospects make their way to the show. The guys the Yankees are using now were originally supposed to be bench players, which is a perfect role for those past-their-prime vets who once used to be superstars and all-stars but have just a little bit of life left. Not many teams can say they've got ex-All Stars sitting on their bench. Although if the Royals are dumb enough to trade their entire line-up for place-holders like Boesch, Wells, Overbay and Hafner I'd gladly take it.
And third, they're really underestimating how valuable Brett Gardner is. Then again they think trading away Cano for the Royals line-up is a good idea so I shouldn't be surprised. He's one of the best defensive outfielders in the league (fuck it, I'll say he's the best even), he steals bases and he's got a very good OBP. He's no Joe DiMaggio but if a team wants him (and I'm sure lots of teams would love to have him) they're gonna have to cough up some really nice pieces.

what is nuts is how good Youk and Wells are this year...both are hitting over .300 shockingly and Youk is hitting RBI's like it's nobodies business

i had NO faith in WElls so the fact he's doing so good is pretty shocking to me