Author Topic: Holy shit! the Royals are going to be fuckin awesome this year!  (Read 954 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I can feel it!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Holy shit! the Royals are going to be fuckin awesome this year!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »
Dodgers >

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »
Didn't you give up on the Royals last year? Just asking.

I'm not sure how great their post-season chances are with the Tigers in the same division and with teams like the Rangers, Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox in the same league. As of this moment I see them competing with the White Sox and Indians for 2nd place.
James Shields is a significant upgrade for that rotation but I'm not sure he can come out on the winning end when matched up with the other aces like Verlander, Sale or Masterson. Plus the rotation after him still looks as unstable as it did last year (so much so that I'm still wondering why the Royals gave up Odorizzi given the state of the Royals and their pitching depth).
The offence can definitely do better than last year but I'm yet to be convinced that they can actually do so. Hosmer didn't exactly wow me in the WBC, a lot of the guys need to show they can stay healthy, Myers is gone, Starling is years away and I'm already hearing all sorts of rumors regarding potential trades centered around Billy Butler.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:39 AM »
Didn't you give up on the Royals last year? Just asking.

I'm not sure how great their post-season chances are with the Tigers in the same division and with teams like the Rangers, Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees and Red Sox in the same league. As of this moment I see them competing with the White Sox and Indians for 2nd place.
James Shields is a significant upgrade for that rotation but I'm not sure he can come out on the winning end when matched up with the other aces like Verlander, Sale or Masterson. Plus the rotation after him still looks as unstable as it did last year (so much so that I'm still wondering why the Royals gave up Odorizzi given the state of the Royals and their pitching depth).
The offence can definitely do better than last year but I'm yet to be convinced that they can actually do so. Hosmer didn't exactly wow me in the WBC, a lot of the guys need to show they can stay healthy, Myers is gone, Starling is years away and I'm already hearing all sorts of rumors regarding potential trades centered around Billy Butler.

Not a bad take for an outsider...

But let me tell you my friend, that you are clearly an outsider if you think the Royals do not have pitching depth.  They are so loaded, that the two guys who were our #1 opening day starters of the last two years respectively, Hochever and Chen were not even good enough to make the starting five this year!  We were so active in the off season that both these guys have been reduced to long relief in the bullpen.

On top of that, we have two very talented starting pitchers that we lost early last year to Tommy John surgery.  That's Paulino and Duffy.  Both project to be #2 starters in this league and both come back before the All-Star break.   What that means is that if any one of our bad-ass starting 5 has injury or falls off, we have two stud pitchers waiting in the wings.  On top of that we have steadily developing minor league starting pitchers like Will Smith and others, so who gives a shit about losing Oddirizi.  I call Oddirizi "over-rated".

And if you don't like the trade of Will Myers, consider the Myers wasn't even good enough to make the Rays club out of spring training.  He was a projected starter this year who is now still in AAA.  This whole thing about prospects is over-rated.  I feel like any time you can trade a prospect for a #1 starter then you have came out the winner in the trade.   I do realize that we only have Shields for two years but we have one of the best minor league rosters in baseball so by that time somebody will be ready to replace.

By the way we just kicked the shit out of the Phillies on their opening day, scoring something like 13 runs.   We have a 22 year old catcher Salvador Perez that was so talented on defense he could start for any team if he batted only .190, yet the guy hits nearly .300 and with power!  He's a true leader.  Also, Gordon is steady coming into his own and look our for him to be an MVP candidate!   I could go on forever, I haven't even gotten to guys like Escobar, who like Perez is so good on defense he could hit .200 and still be a starter, yet again the guy hits around .300!

We are fucking stacked.  And if Moose and Hosmer start to play to their potential, then watch out cause we are not just going to make the playoffs but we are going to win the world series!

MistaNova

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »
As much as I like your enthusiasm I'm still not sold on the Royals.
Having depth pitching and hitting-wise is great but injuries always put teams that think they're prepared to the test and the Royal's results from last year don't really spark a lot of confidence.

As for Myers, everybody knew that the Rays were going to have him start the season in the minors unless he obliterated everyone in ST. Although I'm starting to think that he might be a flop considering he came from the same system that brought up Hosmer and Moustakas.

Anyway, best of luck to your Royals. If they can knock the Tigers out of contention that'd be great.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »
As much as I like your enthusiasm I'm still not sold on the Royals.
Having depth pitching and hitting-wise is great but injuries always put teams that think they're prepared to the test and the Royal's results from last year don't really spark a lot of confidence.

As for Myers, everybody knew that the Rays were going to have him start the season in the minors unless he obliterated everyone in ST. Although I'm starting to think that he might be a flop considering he came from the same system that brought up Hosmer and Moustakas.

Anyway, best of luck to your Royals. If they can knock the Tigers out of contention that'd be great.

Hey, like I said, your take was very good for an outsider.  I certainly don't know as much as you about another persons favorite team, so I give you props for that.   In fact, I only follow the Royals, but I follow them very closely year-around.   Especially with smart phones and being able to pull up stats and blogs while taking a shit at work it's very easy to follow your favorite baseball team these days, and it's fun too because baseball is an everyday sport during the season. 

Also, I agree with you and your doubts about Myers, Hosmer and Moustakas.   

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
every April infinite comes in and tells us how good the Royals will be

then he's gone by June

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 05:40:54 PM »
It would be good 4 the league if the royals were good again like they were from mid 70's-80's.  Especially if Mark Cuban owned the team, better him than mr. walmart who don't give 2 shits about winning, david glass. 

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
I remember you giving up on the Royals last season lol, but in the interest of second chances and the spirit of  baseball season I'll let it slide  ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

My reaction to last night's loss.   Our 5th starter, Mendoza, pitched a gem of a game.  He's one of the best groundball/sinkerball pitchers in the game.  Then our closer comes on and walks the first three batters to load the bases.  Serves up a double scoring the go ahead winning run from first.

...Ohhh well, it's a long season.  At least we've been in every game and been competitive this year

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
Royals suck.  They just got off to a good start playing bad teams.  Anybody can beat the Twins.  They finally ran up against a decent team in the Blue Jays and just lost two.

Also, Moustakas and Hosmer can't even hit .200   They finished last season around .230 and look even worse this year.  So much for our young "prospects"

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
Royals suck.  They just got off to a good start playing bad teams.  Anybody can beat the Twins.  They finally ran up against a decent team in the Blue Jays and just lost two.

Also, Moustakas and Hosmer can't even hit .200   They finished last season around .230 and look even worse this year.  So much for our young "prospects"

lol u on the same shit every year homie

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 03:33:36 AM »
I remember you giving up on the Royals last season lol, but in the interest of second chances and the spirit of  baseball season I'll let it slide  ;)
Its ok to give up on the team when the team chooses to give up on their fans year after year by not caring about winning.  Just don't go cheering for their team's archrival like some fools love to do.  Like Selig did with the dodgers, force the owner to sell, he needs to do the same thing with Glass.   

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
the dodgers NEEDED to be sold...that divorce was NASTY and after Petros and Money made a plea to Dodger fans to not go to games attendence dropped like crazy lol