Author Topic: Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion  (Read 614 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:01 PM »
Do you honestly think that these artists are single handedly counting every dollar of the multi millions they generate and the multi millions being spent traveling the world, etc.? They hire accountants for that and assume that everything is being paid for.  When someone speaks on things they shouldn't, they are audited. It is a common tool to keep people in line.
I don't know anyone who pays their taxes by single-handedly counting every dollar. Generally speaking, most people get a little piece of paper from the people who pay their checks which more or less states how much money they took in during the year. For instance, if you are a recording artist, you might get one from your label with a breakdown of how much you made in publishing royalties. You are legally obligated to receive one from your employer for tax purposes. Now, the accountant is the guy who takes all those little papers and figures out how much you owe the government in taxes.

The thing is me personally. If I'm in a danger of being caught up in some tax issues, I probably wouldn't open my mouth. Ain't no agency in the federal government that will fuck you harder and more thoroughly than the IRS.

But to go back to the question that nobody answered... where in those links is Lauryn Hill even named? Let alone quoted as exposing Wyclef's fraudualant ways?

You missed my point which was it wasn't her choosing not to pay taxes which is what you insinuated.

Jimmy H.

Re: Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
I was less insinuating that she knowingly withheld from paying her taxes as I was suggesting that I find the tax evasion conspiracy theory a little silly but hell, I could be wrong. Though the evidence to the contrary is a little less than convincing, in my humble opinion.