Author Topic: Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion  (Read 615 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Despite paying $900,000 just hours ago, Lauryn Hill will serve time after all.

Despite paying close to a million dollars in federal back-taxes, Lauryn Hill is headed to prison. The Associated Press reports that the emcee/vocalist was sentenced to three months in prison today in a federal court based in her hometown of Newark, New Jersey.

Hill was facing up to three years in prison, but received a reduced sentence. Following a guilty plea, Ms. Hill and her attorney were seeking probation. She paid her $900,000 tax bill this weekend.

This will be Hill's first stay in prison. She could be released in as soon as a month.

doggfather

Re: Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:47:34 AM »
only 3 months???

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
if she just paid off 900K why does she still have to do any time? that's that bullshit!

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
They're punishing her because she exposed Wyclef's charity scam.

His charity was openly spending millions (from the CIA) as a means to install Wyclef as President of Haiti.

She exposed it and Haiti banned him from running.

She's also been ordered to therapy because she was speaking on the New World Order.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
The Illuminati brainwashes any rappers who speak the truth into not paying their taxes. They did the same shit to Young Buck.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
That's not at all the situation.

Her accountants were lying to her and stealing her money and for a while there she was homeless.

Young Buck, on the other hand was too drugged up to care.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:21 PM »
So were the thieving accountants part of this New World order theory as well?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
I don't see any mention of Lauryn Hill in any of these articles you linked. I can buy a recording artist getting fucked by some bullshit accountants as Hill certainly wouldn't be the first but all that "(insert artist) is being punished for speaking the truth" talk always seems like a lot of empty conspiracy theory noise most of the time.

Fraxxx

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 02:45:45 AM »
The Illuminati brainwashes any rappers who speak the truth into not paying their taxes. They did the same shit to Young Buck.

;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
I don't see any mention of Lauryn Hill in any of these articles you linked. I can buy a recording artist getting fucked by some bullshit accountants as Hill certainly wouldn't be the first but all that "(insert artist) is being punished for speaking the truth" talk always seems like a lot of empty conspiracy theory noise most of the time.

Do you honestly think that these artists are single handedly counting every dollar of the multi millions they generate and the multi millions being spent traveling the world, etc.? They hire accountants for that and assume that everything is being paid for.  When someone speaks on things they shouldn't, they are audited. It is a common tool to keep people in line.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 03:27:02 PM »
Thank you for trying to explain it, it's obvious to me now, I just "woke up" recently.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
Do you honestly think that these artists are single handedly counting every dollar of the multi millions they generate and the multi millions being spent traveling the world, etc.? They hire accountants for that and assume that everything is being paid for.  When someone speaks on things they shouldn't, they are audited. It is a common tool to keep people in line.
I don't know anyone who pays their taxes by single-handedly counting every dollar. Generally speaking, most people get a little piece of paper from the people who pay their checks which more or less states how much money they took in during the year. For instance, if you are a recording artist, you might get one from your label with a breakdown of how much you made in publishing royalties. You are legally obligated to receive one from your employer for tax purposes. Now, the accountant is the guy who takes all those little papers and figures out how much you owe the government in taxes.

The thing is me personally. If I'm in a danger of being caught up in some tax issues, I probably wouldn't open my mouth. Ain't no agency in the federal government that will fuck you harder and more thoroughly than the IRS.

But to go back to the question that nobody answered... where in those links is Lauryn Hill even named? Let alone quoted as exposing Wyclef's fraudualant ways?

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 06:23:35 PM »
Who the hell do you think tipped the media to investigate the charity? Her and Pras both said no when Wyclef was trying to reunite the Fugees for a "charity reunion album" because Wyclef wasn't going to pay them meanwhile paying himself. It's not that hard. 2 + 2 = 4.