Author Topic: Does anyone listen to classic rock?  (Read 578 times)

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Does anyone listen to classic rock?
« on: May 26, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
I have been watching The Sopranos lately and the music selection always is top notch--especially, the classic rock.  For those that have a deeper knowledge and appreciation of the genre, could you recommend some songs that are similar in style to the following?

• The Rolling Stones - Thru and Thru
  • The Rolling Stones - Under Cover of the Night
  • America - Sister Golden Hair
  • Faces - Bad N' Ruin
  • Lynyrd Skynryd - Simple Man
  • Van Morrison - Glad Tidings

Many thanks!

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
Re: Does anyone listen to classic rock?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O Mine, November Rain

Heinz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »
Rock n Roll is the music of the devil... why do you want to fill your spirit with that Luciferian garbage?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »
Led Zep  8)

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
have a cigar

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:51:53 PM »
I have been watching The Sopranos lately and the music selection always is top notch--especially, the classic rock.  For those that have a deeper knowledge and appreciation of the genre, could you recommend some songs that are similar in style to the following?

• The Rolling Stones - Thru and Thru
  • The Rolling Stones - Under Cover of the Night
  • America - Sister Golden Hair
  • Faces - Bad N' Ruin
  • Lynyrd Skynryd - Simple Man
  • Van Morrison - Glad Tidings

Many thanks!

I gotcha on this.

The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line (one of my all time favorite songs, played in the sopranos after some crazy shit with Ralphie and a stripper goes down)
Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (into the black)
Bad Company - Bad Company
Bob Seger - Mainstreet
Skid Row - 18 and a Life
CCR - Run through The Jungle
The Fixx - Red Skies (theres 2 versions of this song, one from '82 and one from the later 80s, both by The Fixx, they just decided to update it I guess)
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

Guns N' Roses is my favorite all time band.  I'd encourage you to go past the songs like "Sweet Child" and "Welcome to the Jungle".  Not that theyre not good songs; theyre great.  But they are a band with a lot of musical depth with a lot of cool and experimental type of stuff that radio and sports areans would never play.  So start with their album Appetite for Destruction and work your way to Use Your Illusion I and II. 

My faves off of Appetite for Destruction
1.  Nightrain
2.  Mr. Brownstone
3.  It's So Easy

Off of both Use Your Illusions
1.  You Could Be Mine
2.  Dust N Bones
3.  14 Years
4.  Civil War

Faves off of GN'R Lies (their acoustic EP)
1.  Patience
2.  Youre Crazy

This should get you started.  Some of the stuff I listed is considered classic rock by just about everyone and some of the other songs are more "80s" or "80s metal" type of stuff, but dont pigeonhole yourself - the 80s had a lot of classic rock songs too.  I discovered a lot of the more obscure stuff on Youtube, that shit is your friend, man.  Props on the thread and The Sopranos (top 5 tv show ever made).

Another suggestion - you ever watch Brotherhood?  Was on Showtime for a while lasted 3 seasons.  Fucking great, especially if you like The Sopranos.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
Guns N' Roses is my favorite all time band. 

LMFAO

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »

LMFAO

Its an American band, Elano.  They arent black mandingos, but maybe you give a try?

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I will be working my way through them all  ;D.  Also, I will look into Brotherhood.

Thanks, again.

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 02:55:35 AM »

LMFAO

Its an American band, Elano.  They arent black mandingos, but maybe you give a try?

and you are an american idiot  :D

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 03:15:54 AM »

LMFAO

I think in other countries disses like these ones Elano always uses must be fightin' words, like extreme disses that cut to the core.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 03:21:57 AM »
elano you must guzzle alotta cum to be a man and not like at least 1 guns n roses song

jus sayin

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 04:21:09 AM »
Rock n Roll is the music of the devil... why do you want to fill your spirit with that Luciferian garbage?
I'm about sure all rock n roll music is NOT like that.  Heck, there's music artists out there in the past & 2day who aren't affiliated with r & r that worship the devil :firedevil:  rap group UNLV talked about the devil more in their songs than any rock group i've heard of.  Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lady Gagamel, Kanye rocks the baphomet also. 

Led Zep  8)
I like 2 or 3 of their songs, Black Dog & Kashmir.  There's a 3rd one but I don't know the name of it.  I know what it sounds like.  Mostly has loud howling in the song.
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O Mine, November Rain
I only like 1 song of theirs, welcome to the jungle.  1st time i've heard of them.  And what the heck happened with Axl Rose no longer being part of them anymore?  Always wondered  ???

Which rock artists do you claim as in classic rock?  There's different types.  Old school hard rock of course, there's groups like P.O.D., Uncle Kracker, Limp Bizkit, & Kid Rock.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 04:40:36 AM »
^ pod kid rock and uncle kracker...sounds like you stopped listening to rock in 2002 lol

but, i think what the OP is familiar with as "classic rock" is the late 60s - 70s stuff that gets played on classic rock radio.  i would consider that period plus 80s stuff too.  GNR was the last real "classic" rock band in my book and they stopped making new musical as the original lineup in the early 90s.

as for why Axl Rose and the original lineup split, thats the result of a lot of things.  one is that axl and the rest of the band were going in different musical directions - slash and most of the band guys wanted more traditional hard rock while Axl wanted to branch out more and do more songs like november rain and estranged.  everybody always says its cause axl's crazy, and that may be part of it, but its mostly cause of the differences in musical taste at the end of the original band's era IMO.

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:05 AM »

LMFAO

I think in other countries disses like these ones Elano always uses must be fightin' words, like extreme disses that cut to the core.

shut up FAG