Author Topic: Lebron James says Paul Pierce is his biggest rival  (Read 856 times)

Sccit

Re: Lebron James says Paul Pierce is his biggest rival
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
lucky for lebron, he's never had to face kobe in the playoffs

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »
I'd say that Kobe's main rival in the NBA has been Steve Nash or Ray Allen, especially when he was in Seattle. But that's neither here nor there, it's just who you play every year and in the playoffs. Magic and Bird were rivals because they actually played each other in the finals three times, but Kobe and LeBron never met in the post season. Hard to be rivals if you are not playing in the playoffs.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 11:23:21 PM »
I'd say that Kobe's main rival in the NBA has been Steve Nash or Ray Allen, especially when he was in Seattle. But that's neither here nor there, it's just who you play every year and in the playoffs. Magic and Bird were rivals because they actually played each other in the finals three times, but Kobe and LeBron never met in the post season. Hard to be rivals if you are not playing in the playoffs.

i dont think kobe had rivals, cuz he was always head-and-shoulders above anyone he faced...he had whole teams as rivals. spurs, suns, etc.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »
During the first 3 peat years, Ray Allen and Kobe HATED each other, and Kobe had not quite matured to the level he is now.

Here, the feud stems from Kobe's sensitivity, and Ray Allen's refusal to back down. First, after a 2004 exhibition game, Allen had this to say:

"He feels like he needs to show the league ... that he is better without Shaq, that he can win without Shaq," Allen said. "That he can still average 30 points and he can still carry the load on this team. The point production is not so much what people will look at, because McGrady did it in Orlando and Allen did it in Philly. But can you win championships? Can he make everybody better?

"He has the talent. But is his attitude going to sometimes allow him to take the backseat and let Lamar Odom shine and let Caron Butler have his nights and bring those big guys along? If Kobe doesn't see he needs 2-1/2 good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he will be calling out to (Lakers owner) Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me. We'll all be saying we told you so when he says that."

Though Bryant denies this part of the story, he apparently became enraged upon seeing the remarks from Allen, and left him a voicemail saying, "I'm going to bust your ass," before the next Lakers-Sonics exhibition game. This Seattle Times article gives a nice overview of the original feud, though both players claim that things have since subsided. For shame. That was as close to Good vs. Evil as any of these rivalries will ever get.

(Also: Ray Allen used to play for the Seattle Supersonics and the Seattle Times used to write about basketball regularly. What's real NBA beef? Ask Seattle basketball fans.)

The feud with Nash is because of the two stolen MVP's and the two first round loses. Since then Kobe always played with a bit more against the Sun and especially Nash.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
ray allen is a rival in the same sense that raja bell and ruben patterson were. they talked shit and kobe scorched em. thats all there is to it. no real rivalry there.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »
ray allen is a rival in the same sense that raja bell and ruben patterson were. they talked shit and kobe scorched em. thats all there is to it. no real rivalry there.

Except the Ray Allen rivalry was more competitive and spilled over to the NBA finals.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
lucky for Kobe, he's never had to face Lebron in the playoffs

true

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »

Ray is far superior to those guys. Those two had some great back and forths in Allen's prime in Seattle. Dude was obviously never the caliber player Kobe was but far superior to role players like Raja Bell and Ruben Patterson.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »

Ray is far superior to those guys. Those two had some great back and forths in Allen's prime in Seattle. Dude was obviously never the caliber player Kobe was but far superior to role players like Raja Bell and Ruben Patterson.

yea, but he wasnt a real rival, regardless...how many times have they even met in the playoffs when allen was in his prime? raja bell and ruben patterson actually had some real battles with kobe. obviously, ray allen is better than them, but the only way he's rivaling kobe is by talkin shit.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
lucky for Kobe, he's never had to face Lebron in the playoffs

true

lol one is known for steppin up in the playoffs and one is known for subsiding...ill let u figure on ur own which is which.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
what did Kobe do in the playoffs this year?  I'm watching Lebron get triple doubles in the NBA finals

and what did Kobe do last year?  I didn't see him meeting up with Lebron in the finals...maybe I missed it

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
what did Kobe do in the playoffs this year?  I'm watching Lebron get triple doubles in the NBA finals

and what did Kobe do last year?  I didn't see him meeting up with Lebron in the finals...maybe I missed it

ur also watching lebron lose and get held to 10 points under his average...but of course, u conveniently forget to mention that. and kobe is healing from an achilles tear, since u asked.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »
lol @ belittling someone with an 18-18-10 stat line because they usually score 27 (with only 7 and 7 of rebs and assists)

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »
lol @ belittling someone with an 18-18-10 stat line because they usually score 27 (with only 7 and 7 of rebs and assists)

his team lost, he didnt score enough....thats typically the story with lebron in the playoffs, u should already know this.