Author Topic: World Class Wreckin' Cru's Cli-N-Tel Exposes Dr Dre & Ice Cube  (Read 1889 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: World Class Wreckin' Cru's Cli-N-Tel Exposes Dr Dre & Ice Cube
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »
Why is it a revelation that Dre beats women?  I mean.. he practically bragged about shit like that back on the NWA albums. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Desert Lord

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »
gay drama:

Former World Class Wreckin' Cru member Cli-N-Tel recently made several allegations about Ice Cube and former group mate Dr. Dre. In an interview with Murder Master Music Show of UGS Radio, Cli-N-Tel alleged that Dr. Dre beat women and that Ice Cube was "bullied" in school, adding that Cube was more like his role in the Are We There Yet? movies than the person on his records.

When speaking about Dr. Dre, who was also once a member of the World Class Wreckin' Cru, Cli-N-Tel alleged that reporter Dee Barnes was not the only woman Dre hit.

"She wasn't the first one. I know of a few others," he alleged. "I seen him get raw-dog with a couple females and we'd have conversations about that stuff and I told him, 'That ain't how I roll.'"

The Dee Barnes incident being discussed dates back to 1991. At the center of N.W.A.'s feud with Ice Cube, Barnes did an interview with Cube. Later, she ran into Dr. Dre who reportedly hit her. This was later reported by Alan Light of Rolling Stone.

"According to a statement issued by Barnes, Dre picked her up and 'began slamming her face and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway' as his bodyguard held off the crowd. After Dre tried to throw her down the stairs and failed, he began kicking her in the ribs and hands. She escaped and ran into the women's restroom. Dre followed her and 'grabbed her from behind by the hair and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head.' Finally, Dre and his bodyguard ran from the building," Light wrote then about the incident. This was also briefly mentioned on Eminem's "Guilty Conscience," which features Dr. Dre.

Continuing with the UGS interview, Cli-N-Tel also discussed the perception of Ice Cube. 

"As far as Cube being a gangsta and all that, naw. Matter of fact, he was going to Washington High school and he was getting bullied over there and his mother was scared he was getting beat up too much so she put him on the bus and was shipping him over to Taft High School which was way across town, near Encino and Woodland Hills [California], a very affluent neighborhood," he said. "Cube wasn't that dude."

Later, he reiterated these thoughts.

"I am being honest," he added. "He is the Are We There Yet? [person]. He projects the other image with the AK [47] and the scowl but the real Cube is more like the Are We There Yet? guy versus the other guy."

Through all of this, Cli-N-Tel also added some thoughts regarding N.W.A. and Eazy E.
"Eazy was a street cat and he projected what he lived. It wasn't fake with him," he noted. "I think the authenticity of N.W.A. is really a credit to Eazy E more than anything else. I know a lot of people give credit to Dre and credit to Cube...Not to diminish what Dre and Cube did but they weren't about that life. They were scribes and street reporters more or less, projecting what they saw and observed while Eazy embodied that truthfully."

nothing new here, eazy was the real deal & the rest were just reporters but the shyt worked ;)

ren & yella are real compton-cats too, as far as i know

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
Ren was as real as it got too. Yella, not so much.

Yella and Dre were DJ's, Dre's anger was well documented but he bragged about it on NWA records, so he lived as he talked. But neither Yella or Dre were real gangsters or anything.

Cube, as I posted before, if he was out today would be on some Good Kid, M.A.A.D City type vibe. He was known as a good kid who just was gifted at writing lyrics. He even had a scholarship for college, he was a smart kid and being a smart kid gets your ass kicked back then, I should know. Ice Cube not being real as about as widely known to this board as 2Pac being dead and Snoop loving to smoke weed. So Cli-N-Tel ain't reporting new news to the only people who would listen to him (us) and to those that don't already know, really don't care.

NWA is the reason they made CB3 and Fear of a Black Hat. Only real ones in NWA were Eazy E and Ren, and Eazy couldn't write rhymes so Ice Cube, DOC and Ren had to do it. Dre and Yella were needed to make the beats and mix up the records to sound nice. Ren was only 18-20 at the time, and Ice Cube was from LA, not Compton.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 02:48:34 PM »
and now Cli-n-tel is down with the Lamb Squadron

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
Cube not being a true gangsta is like MC's who claim to be rich and have mansions and luxury cars and shit like that on their first album.  Yea right.  That's just as much of an image as NWA were doing.  As a kid I thought Cube and Dre were true, but oh well.  Rap is partly braggers music, doesn't always have to be true.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
Cube never even claimed any sets or that he was some super thug anyway, always just spoke on what he saw around him and kept it real while happening to be a good lyricist about it

MC Ren is the one dude I never heard much good/bad about but I know he converted to Muslim now, right?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »
Cube never even claimed any sets or that he was some super thug anyway, always just spoke on what he saw around him and kept it real while happening to be a good lyricist about it

MC Ren is the one dude I never heard much good/bad about but I know he converted to Muslim now, right?

From what I hear, yes, but I also hear his son is on some weed rapping shit. So if we ever get an NWA Jr., you'd have Lil Eazy E, Hood Surgeon who is trying to make it bi without his dad, Cube's kids who are suppose to be really good, and Ren's kid who is on some weed/Snoop Dogg shit. All their styles seem to be really off to ever have an NWA Jr...  :-\

It's true that Cube never claimed a set. He just rapped about being a kid from the hood. What's funny is people called NWA gangsta rap, but no where did any member claim a set on wax, even Eazy E who was as real as it got. When NWA broke up and Eazy was beefing with Dre and Death Row, then he started claiming his set. But as part of NWA, no one really claimed anything, yet people called them gangsta rap.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »

dexter

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »

From what I hear, yes, but I also hear his son is on some weed rapping shit. So if we ever get an NWA Jr., you'd have Lil Eazy E, Hood Surgeon who is trying to make it bi without his dad, Cube's kids who are suppose to be really good, and Ren's kid who is on some weed/Snoop Dogg shit. All their styles seem to be really off to ever have an NWA Jr...  :-\

It's true that Cube never claimed a set. He just rapped about being a kid from the hood. What's funny is people called NWA gangsta rap, but no where did any member claim a set on wax, even Eazy E who was as real as it got. When NWA broke up and Eazy was beefing with Dre and Death Row, then he started claiming his set. But as part of NWA, no one really claimed anything, yet people called them gangsta rap.
TRUE

abusive

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
http://rappersexposed.hubpages.com/hub/Ice-Cube-Exposed
That article mentions Ice Cube going to that school. Jerry Heller mentioned it recently in a interview on that same show this one took place on.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Okka

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »
Dre always said that rapping is his "job". He also said he isn't a gangster. He was the one catchin' all the cases though, breakin' that producers jaw and fightin' and doin' all kind of dumb shit when he was drunk. It's mad funny to see that people are still talkin' about this shit these days. People always forget that Yella was in WCWC too.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
Dre always said that rapping is his "job". He also said he isn't a gangster. He was the one catchin' all the cases though, breakin' that producers jaw and fightin' and doin' all kind of dumb shit when he was drunk. It's mad funny to see that people are still talkin' about this shit these days. People always forget that Yella was in WCWC too.

Yep, and dressed as suspect too. I love the mustache

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »
Not to diminish what Dre and Cube did but they weren't about that life. They were scribes and street reporters more or less, projecting what they saw and observed while Eazy embodied that truthfully."

Embodied sure. Unfortunately he didn't make any of the music. I don't give Eazy E credit for being "bout that life", what I give him credit for is having a vision and the money to spearhead this group that put out classic music. What exactly is there to expose anyway? These guys have been rich and famous for 23 years. And now we're supposed to be upset Cube went to a nice school as a teenager?

M Dogg, your posts on this topic are embarrassing. Ren is real for not getting a college scholarship? Way to dumb down the black youth by telling them education isn't cool. Are you intelligent? Want to be a doctor or an engineer? Too bad kid, you're not "real."

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »
Not to diminish what Dre and Cube did but they weren't about that life. They were scribes and street reporters more or less, projecting what they saw and observed while Eazy embodied that truthfully."

Embodied sure. Unfortunately he didn't make any of the music. I don't give Eazy E credit for being "bout that life", what I give him credit for is having a vision and the money to spearhead this group that put out classic music. What exactly is there to expose anyway? These guys have been rich and famous for 23 years. And now we're supposed to be upset Cube went to a nice school as a teenager?

M Dogg, your posts on this topic are embarrassing. Ren is real for not getting a college scholarship? Way to dumb down the black youth by telling them education isn't cool. Are you intelligent? Want to be a doctor or an engineer? Too bad kid, you're not "real."

You haven't read much of my post in a while have you? I'm talking about gangsta real, like really claimed a set. But then I ended off by asking why is NWA considered gangsta rap when no one claimed a set on record.

Also, I have for years DEFENDED and PRAISED Ice Cube for being smart and getting a scholarship to go to school. So I may expect that most people come in knowing that for 13 years, I've praised Cube for being the smarter man, he took a couple of years in college, married his college girlfriend and made her his manager (so she's no dummy) and was smart enough to leave NWA and Ruthless which allowed him to make more money and do the movie business. I've spent 13 years on this board talking about and praising him for that. In a thread a couple month back, people talking about how he was getting beat up backstage, and then I mentioned that growing up on the streets it's about fighting back. Trust me, I was on the wrong side of a beat down personally myself growing up in the IE, I got a scholarship to go to school in Minnesota and here I am. I relate greatly to Ice Cube. And as I also said, if Ice Cube was rapping today, he'd be on some Good Kid M.A.A.D. City type albums. Maybe I assumed wrong that people knew I was coming in using these talking points about Ice Cube and so they don't know my back post with him. So for that, I am sorry. If that's how you read it, then that's fucked up, because if I diss Ice Cube's background, then I am dissing myself as well.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
You haven't read much of my post in a while have you? I'm talking about gangsta real, like really claimed a set. But then I ended off by asking why is NWA considered gangsta rap when no one claimed a set on record.

What would claiming a set make someone real? Horrible choice of wording. Not to mention that everyone knew he didn't claim.

And as I also said, if Ice Cube was rapping today, he'd be on some Good Kid M.A.A.D. City type albums. Maybe I assumed wrong that people knew I was coming in using these talking points about Ice Cube and so they don't know my back post with him. So for that, I am sorry. If that's how you read it, then that's fucked up, because if I diss Ice Cube's background, then I am dissing myself as well.

He is rapping today. He's not on some good kid maad city shit. Though quite frankly, I wish he were.

You can't predict what he'd be like if he'd came out today. Gangsta rap wasn't accepted before N.W.A. And then they came through with their own style that literally everyone wanted to copy. They made gangsta rap cool and Cube was their primary lyricist. If Cube hadn't came out then, gangsta rap might have never taken off. For sure it would be something completely different than it is now. So its silly to be saying he'd be making a different kind of music if he'd came out today.