Author Topic: Are Papa G and Suge still cool?  (Read 2355 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Are Papa G and Suge still cool?
« on: June 12, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
Seems like Papa G was kind of the man behind the scenes that helped make Death Row great, especially during the Pac era.  He was still around when Snoop was going double platinum with the Doggfather... although even now he was in an interview saying something about Snoop being jealous of Pac and he always seems to speak well of Suge.

I'm curious at what point did he stop working for the label and if he had a falling out with Suge or if they are still associated?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Are Papa G and Suge still cool?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »
I think he came onboard around 1995, so that's why he seemed more prominent around that time when Pac became a part of the roster.  I think he stopped working for Death Row in late 1996, if I'm not mistaken, perhaps right after the Makaveli and Doggfather albums dropped.  I don't think he had a falling out as much as maybe him sensing that things were coming to an abrupt halt and not wanting to be on a sinking ship and dealing with all of the damage control that was coming with it... which would ultimately be right up his alley, with him having a PR role.  As soon as he was identified by the media in interviews and what not, like on the Life on Death Row MTV documentary, he was already listed as "George Pryce, Former Death Row Publicist" or something like that.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
what album does papa g rap on?

oh he doesnt rap?

wtf are we talking about then?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »
I think he came onboard around 1995, so that's why he seemed more prominent around that time when Pac became a part of the roster.  I think he stopped working for Death Row in late 1996, if I'm not mistaken, perhaps right after the Makaveli and Doggfather albums dropped.  I don't think he had a falling out as much as maybe him sensing that things were coming to an abrupt halt and not wanting to be on a sinking ship and dealing with all of the damage control that was coming with it... which would ultimately be right up his alley, with him having a PR role.  As soon as he was identified by the media in interviews and what not, like on the Life on Death Row MTV documentary, he was already listed as "George Pryce, Former Death Row Publicist" or something like that.
he got fired from death row. when suge got locked up suge's brother in law tried to be suge and caught pryce smokin' a cigarette in the parking lot which was a no no and fired dude on some bullshit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »

oh he doesnt rap?

the pr guy

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/PdKGTfEDTW4/hqdefault.jpg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »
he got fired from death row. when suge got locked up suge's brother in law tried to be suge and caught pryce smokin' a cigarette in the parking lot which was a no no and fired dude on some bullshit.

for real?? That's wack as hell.  You got any links to the story of him getting fired or Suge's brother in law.  It's funny, there is little to no info about who was actually in charge and running the label after Suge was incarcerated.  Seems like even Snoop didn't know who the fuck was running the label and in charge.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »

for real?? That's wack as hell.  You got any links to the story of him getting fired or Suge's brother in law.  It's funny, there is little to no info about who was actually in charge and running the label after Suge was incarcerated.  Seems like even Snoop didn't know who the fuck was running the label and in charge.
reggie wright and suge's brother in law ran it while suge was locked up. I think I read it in a old vibe from 2001 with dmx on the cover where they were discussing the future of death row wit suge coming home and they discussed the unreleased music as well. nice read.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

TidyKris

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »

reggie wright and suge's brother in law ran it while suge was locked up. I think I read it in a old vibe from 2001 with dmx on the cover where they were discussing the future of death row wit suge coming home and they discussed the unreleased music as well. nice read.  8)

I always wonder if it was Reggie & Co who ran Deathrow into the ground and caused the roster to jump ship?
Or if it would have happened anyway if Suge never went to jail as he was going a bit insane

I know Suge still controlled things from his cell, but he was never 100% in charge was he

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »

I always wonder if it was Reggie & Co who ran Deathrow into the ground and caused the roster to jump ship?
Or if it would have happened anyway if Suge never went to jail as he was going a bit insane

I know Suge still controlled things from his cell, but he was never 100% in charge was he
if he was free they'd never got free you literally had to get fucked up to leave the row then via sam sneed. they left cause they weren't gettin' paid.

TidyKris

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »

if he was free they'd never got free you literally had to get fucked up to leave the row then via sam sneed. they left cause they weren't gettin' paid.

True, Suge would never had let them go!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 03:28:28 PM »

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 09:46:02 PM »

i stilll got that vibe mag you just mentioned, great read indeed

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 02:27:33 AM »

oh he doesnt rap?

• Muthafuckin' Don!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »

i stilll got that vibe mag you just mentioned, great read indeed

would like to read it if any of ya'll can scan it or upload