Author Topic: Black Eyed Peas Recall Ruthless Records Era  (Read 620 times)

bigpimpin20

Black Eyed Peas Recall Ruthless Records Era
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
Not many of their fans know this, but at one time The Black Eyed Peas
were signed to infamous rapper Eazy-E's "Ruthless Records" distribution label back in
1995, alongside rap quartet Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and a lot of local LA-based West
Coast "gangsta" rappers. Needless to say, the socially conscientious rappers, then
known as Atban Clan, did not fare well in such an environment. The group then just
consisted of will.i.am and apl.de.ap, with now-departed members Dante Santiago and Mookie Mook.
"It was scary, man. Real scary.", says apl.de.ap, aka Allan Pineda.
"Will was accustomed to dealing with rough characters thinking that we were punks, back
from our breakdancing days; he could fight and I wasn't no pushover either. But these people
that were walking up and down these hallways were straight up killers, man. Killers. Lots
of gang members and that showing off their automatics and tattoo tears. Even Eazy, who
wasn't around that often, probably because of his illness by then, scared the hell out of us,
and he was like only 5'4!". Even Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson felt the heat from the friction between
the band and the label. "The band had advertised for a backup female singer, and I was between
records with my former group,", says Fergie, who was fresh off stints as a child actor
for Kids Incorporated and as a voice actor for Charlie Brown's sister on various "Peanuts"
cartoons, and was then a member of a dance music group called "Wild Orchid". "I thought
that this would be a nice chance to expand my horizons as well as make a couple of
dollars. Little did I know what level of hell I had stepped into. As I demo'd some of my
[Wild] Orchid tracks and sang some samples for them, a bunch of thugs rushed into the
recording room and began making lewd comments and gestures at me, pawing at me and
calling me nasty names when I refused to do the groupie thing for them just because
they happen to be in some rap videos. I even got my good dress ripped off of me, and if
it wasn't for Will God only knows what would've happened to me. You would've thought
they'd never seen a white blond girl before. Soon after that I really started to
get into my meth addiction due to that bull****. I was afraid to tour in certain places
for a while. But thankfully both Will and Allan remembered me and contacted me a few years later
after their last singer didn't work out ...and the rest is history."
Will.i.am says the incident with Fergie along with the "album review"
with Eazy was the last straw. "We had finished a DAT (digital audio tape) with
an initial album, tracks and all. But after listening to the first track, in
which we tackled the plight of Ethopia and how Clinton cut and ran from it, Eazy
literally tore the tape out of the machine and stomped on it, calling it "a load of
bull****". That was months of love being stomped under his boots, man. I went nuts
and jumped right at him! It was on! But then like ten gangstas came out of
nowhere with bats and ****! We was done, man. It was like our Vietnam! And
Mookie ran like a *****, too! That's why we kicked him out!"
Will, Allan, and singer Dante all received injuries at the hands at
Ruthless staff. Later Ruthless manager Jerry Heller settled the matter with the Peas
by releasing them from all obligations with Ruthless, freeing them to pursue other
labels, which they did by ironically signing to then-rival label Interscope Records,
home to sublabel Death Row. "It's all good...it's all good. We ain't got no beef. We moved on up.
We altogether sold more records than all of Ruthless Records ever did. That's kinda
funny...Fergie outselling Eazy and MC Ren on the rap charts...who'd thunk that a
white girl could outsell two of the hottest talents in NWA?" said Dante Santiago, who
no longer performs with the Peas but does a lot of "unofficial" appearances as
well as executive producing for many of their projects. "Only in the 21st
century!".

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Black Eyed Peas Recall Ruthless Records Era
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:08:04 PM »
I bet cham's bitch ass didn't even know that will I am was signed to eazy back in the day.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
wow that's crazy, I never knew that side of the story. I guess that's why Will rarely mentions his beginnings with Eazy, although he did commend him here and there for his open mindedness.

Heinz

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:19:44 PM »
Not many of their fans know this, but at one time The Black Eyed Peas
were signed to infamous rapper Eazy-E's "Ruthless Records" distribution label back in
1995, alongside rap quartet Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and a lot of local LA-based West
Coast "gangsta" rappers. Needless to say, the socially conscientious rappers, then
known as Atban Clan, did not fare well in such an environment. The group then just
consisted of will.i.am and apl.de.ap, with now-departed members Dante Santiago and Mookie Mook.
"It was scary, man. Real scary.", says apl.de.ap, aka Allan Pineda.
"Will was accustomed to dealing with rough characters thinking that we were punks, back
from our breakdancing days; he could fight and I wasn't no pushover either. But these people
that were walking up and down these hallways were straight up killers, man. Killers. Lots
of gang members and that showing off their automatics and tattoo tears. Even Eazy, who
wasn't around that often, probably because of his illness by then, scared the hell out of us,
and he was like only 5'4!". Even Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson felt the heat from the friction between
the band and the label. "The band had advertised for a backup female singer, and I was between
records with my former group,", says Fergie, who was fresh off stints as a child actor
for Kids Incorporated and as a voice actor for Charlie Brown's sister on various "Peanuts"
cartoons, and was then a member of a dance music group called "Wild Orchid". "I thought
that this would be a nice chance to expand my horizons as well as make a couple of
dollars. Little did I know what level of hell I had stepped into. As I demo'd some of my
[Wild] Orchid tracks and sang some samples for them, a bunch of thugs rushed into the
recording room and began making lewd comments and gestures at me, pawing at me and
calling me nasty names when I refused to do the groupie thing for them just because
they happen to be in some rap videos. I even got my good dress ripped off of me, and if
it wasn't for Will God only knows what would've happened to me. You would've thought
they'd never seen a white blond girl before. Soon after that I really started to
get into my meth addiction due to that bull****. I was afraid to tour in certain places
for a while. But thankfully both Will and Allan remembered me and contacted me a few years later
after their last singer didn't work out ...and the rest is history."
Will.i.am says the incident with Fergie along with the "album review"
with Eazy was the last straw. "We had finished a DAT (digital audio tape) with
an initial album, tracks and all. But after listening to the first track, in
which we tackled the plight of Ethopia and how Clinton cut and ran from it, Eazy
literally tore the tape out of the machine and stomped on it, calling it "a load of
bull****". That was months of love being stomped under his boots, man. I went nuts
and jumped right at him! It was on! But then like ten gangstas came out of
nowhere with bats and ****! We was done, man. It was like our Vietnam! And
Mookie ran like a *****, too! That's why we kicked him out!"
Will, Allan, and singer Dante all received injuries at the hands at
Ruthless staff. Later Ruthless manager Jerry Heller settled the matter with the Peas
by releasing them from all obligations with Ruthless, freeing them to pursue other
labels, which they did by ironically signing to then-rival label Interscope Records,
home to sublabel Death Row. "It's all good...it's all good. We ain't got no beef. We moved on up.
We altogether sold more records than all of Ruthless Records ever did. That's kinda
funny...Fergie outselling Eazy and MC Ren on the rap charts...who'd thunk that a
white girl could outsell two of the hottest talents in NWA?" said Dante Santiago, who
no longer performs with the Peas but does a lot of "unofficial" appearances as
well as executive producing for many of their projects. "Only in the 21st
century!".

Sounds like a real life version of some Dubcc drama.
At least Will tried to fight after his weak demo was stomped on.
Now he just tries to stay relevant.
Fuck that coward Mookie though, he scared of the dark.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
 8)

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:16 AM »
Source??

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
lol@fergie blamin her meth addiction on eazy-e

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
she make it seem like they raped her, held her captive for years, and all kinds of shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
she make it seem like they raped her, held her captive for years, and all kinds of shit.

she probably sucked them off and regretted it later

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

she probably sucked them off and regretted it later
maybe she's who eazy was rappin' about on 'sippin' on a 40'.

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »
fergie admitted being addicted to drugs since she was 18 and being a "very sexual person". when you know eazy e, i wouldn't be surprised if she fucked him among others...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 02:16:04 PM »
fergie admitted being addicted to drugs since she was 18 and being a "very sexual person". when you know eazy e, i wouldn't be surprised if she fucked him among others...

maybe she got the aids

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
no nice memories  8)

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »
Bigpimpin20

What's the source for this one ?

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 02:10:56 AM »
wow that's crazy, I never knew that side of the story. I guess that's why Will rarely mentions his beginnings with Eazy, although he did commend him here and there for his open mindedness.
^ This!  Didn't even know Stacy tried to team up with BEP as far back as 1995.  But then again I didn't have cable tv where I lived at the time until fall that year.  Low down fucked up people in the music industry