Author Topic: 2Pac Didn't Liked Deathrow in 93-94 & Scrapped An Album Because Of Deathrow?  (Read 1514 times)

LarsVerb

• 'G'
Pac Didn't Liked Deathrow & Scrapped a Whole Album Because Of Deathrow in 1993-1994? So that was before 2Pac signed with Deathrow.

The part were she talks about snoop etc biting 2pac's style, that are 2pacs words and is not her opinion.

What do you think?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ibd_j0lLQlU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ibd_j0lLQlU</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:02:10 PM by LarsVerb »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
I don't believe that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LarsVerb

• 'G'
lolz the wrong video was in the first post, it was the nanci fletcher interview. Its fixed now

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
LMAO... a lot of that was on the Chronic. I don't doubt they took some stuff from 'Pac, as Snoop took a lot of Bay area slang and used it on Doggystyle, but a lot of that stuff was on the Chronic. Oh well.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO... a lot of that was on the Chronic. I don't doubt they took some stuff from 'Pac, as Snoop took a lot of Bay area slang and used it on Doggystyle, but a lot of that stuff was on the Chronic. Oh well.
I don't believe it cause death row was the hottest thing out at that time why would they steal anything from tupac of all people ? a lot of that shit was on the chronic and tupac wasn't even callin' woman bitches then. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

I don't believe it cause death row was the hottest thing out at that time why would they steal anything from tupac of all people ? a lot of that shit was on the chronic and tupac wasn't even callin' woman bitches then. LOL

"don't call me, bitch" was recorded in 1992.  so yes, 2pac was calling them hoes bitches back then.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
interesting story.. but I think it's all kind of taken out of context.

Obviously 2pac had love for Death Row and they had love for him.  2pac was in the "Natural Born Killers" video.  He was a part of the Above the Rim project/soundtrack with them.. supposedly he got paid for work for Murder Was The Case even though they didn't use the songs Suge paid him a gang of money...

Death Row didn't bit nobody.  I mean it's possible they picked up a thing or two from Pac, but that shit happens... Just like Pac picked up shit from Death Row.  I mean Pac was all Panther Power and political shit on his first album and after the Chronic blew up suddenly he was doing all the Thug Life gangsta rap shit...

So that stuff just goes on in music where everyone is competing and influencing each other.  No big deal at the end of the day.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Obviously 2pac had love for Death Row and they had love for him.  2pac was in the "Natural Born Killers" video.  He was a part of the Above the Rim project/soundtrack with them.. supposedly he got paid for work for Murder Was The Case even though they didn't use the songs Suge paid him a gang of money...

Death Row didn't bit nobody.  I mean it's possible they picked up a thing or two from Pac, but that shit happens... Just like Pac picked up shit from Death Row.  I mean Pac was all Panther Power and political shit on his first album and after the Chronic blew up suddenly he was doing all the Thug Life gangsta rap shit...

So that stuff just goes on in music where everyone is competing and influencing each other.  No big deal at the end of the day.

Perfect example of how bad a business man Suge was.  He put loyalty over actual contracts like a street thug and not a smart business-minded dude, and he ended up paying the piper for it in the end.  Proof is in the pudding.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

LarsVerb

• 'G'

Obviously 2pac had love for Death Row and they had love for him.  2pac was in the "Natural Born Killers" video.  He was a part of the Above the Rim project/soundtrack with them.. supposedly he got paid for work for Murder Was The Case even though they didn't use the songs Suge paid him a gang of money...

Death Row didn't bit nobody.  I mean it's possible they picked up a thing or two from Pac, but that shit happens... Just like Pac picked up shit from Death Row.  I mean Pac was all Panther Power and political shit on his first album and after the Chronic blew up suddenly he was doing all the Thug Life gangsta rap shit...

So that stuff just goes on in music where everyone is competing and influencing each other.  No big deal at the end of the day.

I agree that im not sure or everything from the story is 100% true. But she is no te only one that confirm 2pac didnt liked Deathrow before he signed at all. His manager from that time said something like this as well in older interviews

That he made some songs for an soundtrack say nothing. The Rumour is that het get 100.000 dollars for 1 song, that was not even used. Even he had hate for them, he would take the 100.000 dollar lol. 2Pac was a bussiness man as well.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Yeah, back in 1994 on MTV, Dre was talking about 2Pac signing to Death Row and he was even credited on the Above the Rim soundtrack. It seemed like Dre was excited to have him. But 'Pac backed out for some reason, and I think it was more than slang. Might have something to do with movies, or just how Death Row worked different than 'Pac. I some of that slang they are saying Death Row stole, Snoop and them were using on the Chronic in 1992, so I'm thinking 'Pac backing out originally was more to it, he might have had his reasons beyond all of that.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

"don't call me, bitch" was recorded in 1992.  so yes, 2pac was calling them hoes bitches back then.
not to the extent that someone could claim snoop and them took his style.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, back in 1994 on MTV, Dre was talking about 2Pac signing to Death Row and he was even credited on the Above the Rim soundtrack. It seemed like Dre was excited to have him. But 'Pac backed out for some reason, and I think it was more than slang. Might have something to do with movies, or just how Death Row worked different than 'Pac. I some of that slang they are saying Death Row stole, Snoop and them were using on the Chronic in 1992, so I'm thinking 'Pac backing out originally was more to it, he might have had his reasons beyond all of that.
pac knew death row was a bad place to be earlier on due to him bein' an artist on interscope so you know he was aware of the drama goin' on over there. I've read shit like jimmy iovine basically beggin' pac to sign to death row in '93 because he was too much to handle and he would refuse repeatedly. the only reason he did sign wit death row is because nobody wanted to bail him out of jail the rest is history.....

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Perfect example of how bad a business man Suge was.  He put loyalty over actual contracts like a street thug and not a smart business-minded dude, and he ended up paying the piper for it in the end.  Proof is in the pudding.

seriously dude, how are old are you?

Your the type of hater that if Suge was straight business you would complain that "he has no loyalty, it's all about the money with him".  And if Suge shows love and loyalty for an artist then you say, "Suge's a bad businessman he puts loyalty before business". 

Then if Suge was like some kind of fake, phony gettin rich off gangsta rap you would be like, "Suge is a bitch.  He's not about that life and he's just exploiting gang culture to make money while he lives a totally different life."   But if Suge represents the lifestyle projected in the music and by the artists then you say, "Suge is too caught up in trying to be a gangsta when it's just entertainment, he's a bad businessman".   

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

seriously dude, how are old are you?

Your the type of hater that if Suge was straight business you would complain that "he has no loyalty, it's all about the money with him".  And if Suge shows love and loyalty for an artist then you say, "Suge's a bad businessman he puts loyalty before business". 

Then if Suge was like some kind of fake, phony gettin rich off gangsta rap you would be like, "Suge is a bitch.  He's not about that life and he's just exploiting gang culture to make money while he lives a totally different life."   But if Suge represents the lifestyle projected in the music and by the artists then you say, "Suge is too caught up in trying to be a gangsta when it's just entertainment, he's a bad businessman".   
you hit the nail on the head !

• Muthafuckin' Don!
pac knew death row was a bad place to be earlier on due to him bein' an artist on interscope so you know he was aware of the drama goin' on over there. I've read shit like jimmy iovine basically beggin' pac to sign to death row in '93 because he was too much to handle and he would refuse repeatedly. the only reason he did sign wit death row is because nobody wanted to bail him out of jail the rest is history.....

Interesting.. you know for as much as Jimmy loves to brag about all the great artists he's been associated with I've really never heard any Pac/Jimmy stories.  Seems to me Pac was probably workin with other execs at the label and didn't have much dealings with Jimmy.

Also, another irony is that Dre and Pac and Suge were all still label mates even when they were beefing.  They were still all under Interscope... so I wonder how the Death Row/Dre beef was playing out with the Interscope execs.  These are some stories I've never heard told.