Author Topic: What's the info on Danny Boys Death Row album?  (Read 817 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What's the info on Danny Boys Death Row album?
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »
Kurt Kobain said in a recent interview that he heard Danny Boys Death Row album in 96 and it was incredible.  Was it released by Wide Awake?  Is it dope?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
Re: What's the info on Danny Boys Death Row album?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:31 PM »
It was released. It's called "It's About Time".

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:23:38 AM »
It was released. It's called "It's About Time".

No - Wide Awake released a collection of Danny Boy tracks recorded on Death Row. "It's About Time" had tracks from the OG Danny Boy Death Row album, like "Steppin" etc.

mrflange

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
You know, besides the obvious stuff like pac that we all want to leak or be released in some description, this is the album i would like to hear the most in its original 1996 form. Judging by the listings we have from the WA cataloging, from the original album we have for definate

1 - Welcome to Death Row feat 2Pac
2 - Follow Me/Rock Roll Bounce Remix
3 - Slip n slide
4 - Break U off

?? - Steppin'
It looked to me like it could be a partial 96 track listing, either that or something that was put together for the HOB show that there is a short video of on youtube.

Like i say this is just from the WA catalog that features this partial track list. I may be wrong. It would be nice if anyone else has any more information on this as it would be good to try and maybe put together something that at least resembles in some way the album. I really hope it does get either a release or a leak sometime soon. The sound that DR had with these tracks was incredible.

From hearing it for the first time i thought Steppin' would have made the ideal first single off of the album instead of Slip n Slide. Shit should have blown up back in the day!

Sorry if this sounds a little all over the place, but just my 2 cents on it.

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:52 AM »
"It's About Time" is a really dope album !!
IMO the one and only Wide away Project that i purchase
it's all produced by Dj Quik, Devante Swing and Demetrius Ship who was a dopest R&B producer in the 90's

i know that many internet youngstaz would say that the quality sucks, it's not 320, it's mp3 or whatever but FUCK That ! i used to listen to Music on Tape Back in the days !!

and i still got my walkman   ;D

dnjp4life

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
It IS a very good album actually (It's About Time), even if the sound quality on the CD greatly varied and the tracklist wasn't strictly the original one.  I just wish that WA had included 'Slip n Slide' and the remix on the CD to top it off.  'Steppin', 'How Many Times' and 'Blow Your Mind' are all amazing RnB cuts with the signature Death Row sound of the time.

If they had released the OG Danny Boy album shortly after 'All Eyez On Me' dropped, I have no doubt it would have been a success.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »
?? - Steppin'
It looked to me like it could be a partial 96 track listing, either that or something that was put together for the HOB show that there is a short video of on youtube.

Can you post the youtube link to Danny Boy performing Steppin' at the HOB concert. Thats 1 of 3 things missing from the released version. The other 2 being;
1. Chris Tucker, Eddie Griffin and Dolomite coming on stage after 2Pac.
2. Tha Dogg Pound performing "What Would U Do?" as the 1st song on Snoop's set.

Can't understand why these 3 things were cut.

BigMeazy

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 03:43:12 AM »
you guys should contact him via facebook, he dropped in recently on a facebook group im in and answered a few questions, he has a profile under his real name

mrflange

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »
Sorry, i perhaps should have been clearer in my post earlier. There is a video on youtube of Danny Boy performing Rock Roll Bounce Remix and Follow Me and iirc Slip n Slide remix back in 1996, not steppin. I only wish there was.

The actual version of Rock Roll Bounce Remix leaked a while back (the version everyone wanted on the box set that WA put out)
- Follow Me + Rock Roll Bounce Remix in as near CDQ as we can get for now as performed right here

I forgot to add to the original list of what we have from the original 96 album these too...

- I Can't Wait (Prod By DJ Quik)
- Its All About You (Prod By DeVante Swing)

Im not too sure about this one If You Dont Mind (Prod DeVante Swing) but it does sit in the tracklisting very nicely with Rock Roll Bounce and particularly Break U Off. They all have that lush sounding production that was very Death Row back in 96. Listen to the background on I cant wait, this and Break U Off to some extent, all very atmospheric, lush thickly layered productions.

Hope this helps and if anyone else could shed some light it would be very much appreciated!