Author Topic: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem  (Read 1785 times)

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
Re: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
Albums dope ! Cant stop bumpin it, u say its wack coz of simple beats but ur prolly a lil kidd. Besides whats a simple beat these days ? Does a beat w/o a hi-hat qualify as a simple beat. J cole has some complicated beats with 100s of layers and samples, same for Kanye, but that shit  can get no play time. Problem Seperation, This shit takes me back to the late 80s-early 90s, not gonna say why i get that feeling though, lol,  just bcoz u kidds will recycle my feeling and sample it for your next thread. Rofl.

I actually found myself bumpin Problems Seperation over j cole, kanye......dont fuck with wale. They gotta bury that Like Whaaat Remix with OGMasterP...etc respect but they kill the songs vibe IMO.

As for the thread, any and every chance to diss DrDre, a guy whos been "thru it" like the common man has, but yet you guys let gay-z fly his colors with a flawless track record. Never trust a man that has no record, street shit, right..... programed clowns.
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
Albums dope ! Cant stop bumpin it, u say its wack coz of simple beats but ur prolly a lil kidd. Besides whats a simple beat these days ? Does a beat w/o a hi-hat qualify as a simple beat. J cole has some complicated beats with 100s of layers and samples, same for Kanye, but that shit  can get no play time. Problem Seperation, This shit takes me back to the late 80s-early 90s, not gonna say why i get that feeling though, lol,  just bcoz u kidds will recycle my feeling and sample it for your next thread. Rofl.

I actually found myself bumpin Problems Seperation over j cole, kanye......dont fuck with wale. They gotta bury that Like Whaaat Remix with OGMasterP...etc respect but they kill the songs vibe IMO.

As for the thread, any and every chance to diss DrDre, a guy whos been "thru it" like the common man has, but yet you guys let gay-z fly his colors with a flawless track record. Never trust a man that has no record, street shit, right..... programed clowns.

:eh:

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »
The way it was worded made it sound slightly disrespectful to DJ Quik, but I get the message... I can't say I disagree.  Just because Dr. Dre hasn't released an album in over ten years doesn't mean that he hasn't been doing anything.  Money isn't everything, but like someone else said, people got into the rap game to make legit money... not just from rapping but from other venues, and Dre has more than doubled his fortune in the past couple of years from those other venues.  Look it up... net worth of $360 million, up from his previous net worth of $150 million a few years ago (likely before Beats By Dre took off).  That's WEALTH... the stuff that 10-20 years ago was unheard of for people originally from the community (maybe outside of Russell Simmons)... the stuff that Chris Rock used to joke about ("Shaq is rich; the white man who signs Shaq's check is wealthy").  Quik is sitting on a little over $2 million.  Which one would you choose to be?

Honestly? I don't even feel like thinking about what I'd do with 360,000,000$. Who in the world needs that kind of money? 2 million dollars all day, and I wouldn't even know what to do with that.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
Honestly? I don't even feel like thinking about what I'd do with 360,000,000$. Who in the world needs that kind of money? 2 million dollars all day, and I wouldn't even know what to do with that.
I wouldn't mind $2 million, and I could live the rest of my life comfortably, but you'd be a fool to pick that over $360 million.  Do you need $360 million?  No.  But think of all of the things you could do with it... and it doesn't have to be spent on you.  Mandatory house and cars, done.  None are really out of your reach.  Your whole family gets to be debt-free, which is great.  No more mortgage payments (unless you want the tax benefits of it), car payments or student loans, so your kids can go to private schools and any university they want to, assuming they work hard enough to get the grades to make it in.  Your next generation is taken care of, and so is the generation after them.  Big donations to the community, schools, etc.  Dre and Jimmy Iovine just gave USC a huge eight/nine figure contribution.  You can't do all of that with $2 million.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with $2 million.  Ballparking it, it's kind of like making $150k+ annually, which is ahead of most 9-5'ers.  But there's nothing wrong with aiming higher than that.  It's like saying I'd rather be Kobe or Lebron rather than being like Harden.  Not dissing Harden, but there's no point in not wanting to be one of the top dogs.

Remedy360

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
The way it was worded made it sound slightly disrespectful to DJ Quik, but I get the message... I can't say I disagree.  Just because Dr. Dre hasn't released an album in over ten years doesn't mean that he hasn't been doing anything.  Money isn't everything, but like someone else said, people got into the rap game to make legit money... not just from rapping but from other venues, and Dre has more than doubled his fortune in the past couple of years from those other venues.  Look it up... net worth of $360 million, up from his previous net worth of $150 million a few years ago (likely before Beats By Dre took off).  That's WEALTH... the stuff that 10-20 years ago was unheard of for people originally from the community (maybe outside of Russell Simmons)... the stuff that Chris Rock used to joke about ("Shaq is rich; the white man who signs Shaq's check is wealthy").  Quik is sitting on a little over $2 million.  Which one would you choose to be?

I'd put it to good use.

Matty

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3RH35yVUGg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F3RH35yVUGg</a>

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »
I wouldn't mind $2 million, and I could live the rest of my life comfortably, but you'd be a fool to pick that over $360 million.  Do you need $360 million?  No.  But think of all of the things you could do with it... and it doesn't have to be spent on you.  Mandatory house and cars, done.  None are really out of your reach.  Your whole family gets to be debt-free, which is great.  No more mortgage payments (unless you want the tax benefits of it), car payments or student loans, so your kids can go to private schools and any university they want to, assuming they work hard enough to get the grades to make it in.  Your next generation is taken care of, and so is the generation after them.  Big donations to the community, schools, etc.  Dre and Jimmy Iovine just gave USC a huge eight/nine figure contribution.  You can't do all of that with $2 million.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with $2 million.  Ballparking it, it's kind of like making $150k+ annually, which is ahead of most 9-5'ers.  But there's nothing wrong with aiming higher than that.  It's like saying I'd rather be Kobe or Lebron rather than being like Harden.  Not dissing Harden, but there's no point in not wanting to be one of the top dogs.

Sure, if your in that situation, student loans, kids, mortgage payments and a sense of social responsibility you might put it to good use. Luckily, I personally, don't have all that (except for the last) and don't need the money. I might add that I'm convinced that 99% of people with $360 million got that in a way I wouldn't approve of but that's another story.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »
Sounds disrespectful to Quik.

Problem sucks anyway!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »
#tellsproblem DJ Quik was Suge homie .. Dr Dre was Suge employee .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik got 8 albums . Produce by himself .  Dr Dre got 2 albums . 1 produced by Daz Dillinger and the other produced by Scott Storch .

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik don't need suck Iovine cock to be a legend .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik write his verses . Dr Dre had a bunch of ghost writers .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik create "In Da Club" one of biggest Dr Dre "hits"

#tellsproblem Dr. Dre has the Beats By Dre Headphones . DJ Quik produce the music that people listen on the Beats By Dre

#tellsproblem DJ Quik still look 20's with 2 millions . Dr Dre look 70 years old on Steroids . With 360 millions .

#tellsproblem Quik found HI-C,Suga Free,2nd II None,AMG,Mausberg...#tellsproblem Warren G founds Snoop Dogg. Scott Storch found Eminem . Trackmasters found 50 Cent.50 Cent found The Game.Jay Rock found KDOT

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik had beef with MC Eiht . Dr Dre had beef with Jermaine Dupri and Magoo .

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »
Stop hating, man... I get that you're a Quik fan, but be real about it.

1.  Quik would've been Suge's employee if he weren't already signed to Priority (or whichever label), which prevented him from officially being a Death Row artist (at least as DJ Quik).  But it's not like they're homies anymore, and definitely haven't been for the past ten years.  Suge was originally Dre's employee as a bodyguard, if you want to go by how stuff was in the beginning.
2.  Quik is dope, but album count doesn't really mean too much.  If it does, then you can rank Daz higher than Quik.  And Daz was good with the beats too.
3.  Dre was already a legend before Iovine.  Remember NWA?  They earned a place in history, even if Dre's career on Death Row yielded more classic joints than when part of NWA.
4.  True, can't front, but Dre has never really claimed to be the greatest emcee
5.  Producer: Dr. Dre / Co-producer: Mike Elizondo / Audio mixing: Dr. Dre / Recording engineers: Mauricio "Veto" Iragorri and Sha Money XL / Assistant engineers: James "Flea" McCrone, Francis Forde and Ruben Rivera / Keyboards, guitars, bass: Mike Elizondo / Percussion: DJ Quik... not to downplay the importance of percussion, but I wouldn't say that Quik "created" In Da Club
6.  I'm pretty sure that songs with some involvement with Dr. Dre also get played far more frequently... not saying who is better or worse, but keep it 100, Dre gets more spins and plays
7.  Not the most manly thing you could've said.
8.  But Dre had a big involvement in those people turning into megastars.  Maybe Quik was more involved in actually finding those people you named, but where did their careers go?
9.  Quik also beefed with Dre for a minute, subliminally.  Don't forget Dre beefed with Eazy.  And don't forget that the whole Death Row went after Dre for a good ten years.

bouli77

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »

lol you sound like a butthurt dude, just over a Problem line that was taken out of context and therefore most likely misinterpreted. most of the things you say are either inaccurate, baseless or simply false.

Dre was Suge's business partner and equal, and 17 years after departing death row he's probably 10x richer.

#tellsproblem DJ Quik got 8 albums . Produce by himself .  Dr Dre got 2 albums . 1 produced by Daz Dillinger and the other produced by Scott Storch .

not credible. beatmaking doesn't equate to producing. Daz's involvement on the chronic is also confirmed for only a few tracks (serial killa, for my n's & my b's, ain't no fun).

lol, next.

Dre doesn't have ghostwriters, he has writers, he never lied on not writing his lyrics, at least he's honest. now Quik's raps are better cause they have more soul, no doubt.

cf. DeeezNuuuts83's post

#tellsproblem Dr. Dre has the Beats By Dre Headphones . DJ Quik produce the music that people listen on the Beats By Dre

lmao it ain't like everybody listens to Quik. dude has a solid fanbase but outside of them, few ppl care about his music (sadly)

#tellsproblem DJ Quik still look 20's with 2 millions . Dr Dre look 70 years old on Steroids . With 360 millions .

lol, next

#tellsproblem Quik found HI-C,Suga Free,2nd II None,AMG,Mausberg...#tellsproblem Warren G founds Snoop Dogg. Scott Storch found Eminem . Trackmasters found 50 Cent.50 Cent found The Game.Jay Rock found KDOT

the names you threw prove that you're simply hating and your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. However you put it, Dre did find Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Sha Money XL is the one behind 50's rise in the industry. JT The Bigga Figga found The Game. and KDOT wasn't found by anybody, he just put out his music with his crew (TDE) and built a buzz that led him to signing with Dre.

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik had beef with MC Eiht . Dr Dre had beef with Jermaine Dupri and Magoo .

irrelevant argument, since when the people who beef with hold weight in a discussion about artists ? lol GTFOH

I don't think Problem meant to disrespect Quik, I understood it like "i'm trying to be revered like Dr Dre is, and not unsung like DJ Quik is", putting them two on the same levels but differentiating their levels of mainstream recognition and popularity.

[/quote]

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »

And fuck a daily motion. No diss to you ;)

try fiber will.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »

lol you sound like a butthurt dude, just over a Problem line that was taken out of context and therefore most likely misinterpreted. most of the things you say are either inaccurate, baseless or simply false.

Dre was Suge's business partner and equal, and 17 years after departing death row he's probably 10x richer.

not credible. beatmaking doesn't equate to producing. Daz's involvement on the chronic is also confirmed for only a few tracks (serial killa, for my n's & my b's, ain't no fun).

lol, next.

Dre doesn't have ghostwriters, he has writers, he never lied on not writing his lyrics, at least he's honest. now Quik's raps are better cause they have more soul, no doubt.

cf. DeeezNuuuts83's post

lmao it ain't like everybody listens to Quik. dude has a solid fanbase but outside of them, few ppl care about his music (sadly)

lol, next

the names you threw prove that you're simply hating and your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. However you put it, Dre did find Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Sha Money XL is the one behind 50's rise in the industry. JT The Bigga Figga found The Game. and KDOT wasn't found by anybody, he just put out his music with his crew (TDE) and built a buzz that led him to signing with Dre.

irrelevant argument, since when the people who beef with hold weight in a discussion about artists ? lol GTFOH

I don't think Problem meant to disrespect Quik, I understood it like "i'm trying to be revered like Dr Dre is, and not unsung like DJ Quik is", putting them two on the same levels but differentiating their levels of mainstream recognition and popularity.

[/quote]

Man, Dr Dre is a fraud ...this is proven. It succeeds because it has always been in the right place at the right time.

Man, Dr Dre is a media product .. the media are fake .. soon Dr as fake... Eazy-E made NWA..!! Eazy-E is the reason of NWA.. if don't remember Andre was making 80's tecno with World Class Wreckin' Cru!! Ice Cube got Bars ... Eazy and Ren got Bars !! Y'all know the beats of NWA was made by Yella and Aladdin .
If Dr. Dre was too rich ..and Suge your bodyguard .. why Dr Dre don't set up his own record label? Broke. Suge employee . Outshined by Tupac in 1996 .

Dat Nigga Daz made The Chronic , everybody know its . Chronic 2001 was made by Storch,Mike Elizondo and everybody else .

Dr Dre is a coward !! DJ Quik is not the better rapper , but he write his shit, good or bad ,,he write and record this shit.

Of course ..TDE reach the top by themselves..JT bigga Figga found Game and Sha Money found 50 Cent . Eminem was found by Iovine and Sway on wake up show !! Snoop dogg is in the game since 88..warren g and rip Nate dogg wit him... DJ Glaze and MMnsta found Snoop via Warren g ..dont you remember "Lets Understand Perfection" .

The artists which Quik found .. dont reach the same sucess , but all have the chance and opportunity in a major/medium label . Founded by Quik .

Owww man ..Quik is a beatmaking? The Man PLay Piano on stage ..live .. while Dr Dre tired to make a playback at Coachella .

Dr Dre suck Jimmy Iovine cockk! Every event there the couple.. where are the women?

We have to assume that Dr Dre is not anything that we see. but he got money,fame, is considering a music legend etc etc . OKay

But Problem was unhappy when making this statement.

Dr Dre don't care if Problem is dead or live .

DJ Quik support Problem since 2006 when he apperead in Snoop tape. Problem wasn't fair and loyal with who stay with him since the begin .

OH Irony, the track is called The Beginning.

Problem was a classic example of DICKRIDING in this Dr Dre/DJ Quik line .

Thanks man
peace .

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
your all emotional faggots.

all duke is saying is hes out for what he deserves. nothing more nothing less.

any fan of dj quik knows about all the times he didnt get his proper credit now please take a deep breath and calm yourselves....its gonna be okay. the west coast of america is still intact.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
I think the line is intended to be about recognition. Dre gets his due as a producer, Quik doesn't always. If it's a diss line, that's up for Quik to take it that way but who's to say he didn't have a conversation with the man before he put the track out?