Author Topic: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem  (Read 1784 times)

MOBNigga06

"The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem
« on: July 07, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
Y'all hear this line on the new Problem tape, on the song called The Beginning? To me, that line is fucked up. I get the point: you want to be the richest and most successful nigga in the game. But why be that guy instead of the artist whose corpus of music is far superior? Everyone knows Quik has consistently made better music than Dre. And he ain't broke. Every artist on the rise should aspire to be Quik, not Dre, in my opinion.

On a different note, "The Separation" has a lot of really good tracks, I think it's better than the previous Problem mixtapes. Check out the song Bout Mine, Roll Up, and Lay Your Head Back.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Portugoal

Re: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
who cares?

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
Y'all hear this line on the new Problem tape, on the song called The Beginning? To me, that line is fucked up. I get the point: you want to be the richest and most successful nigga in the game. But why be that guy instead of the artist whose corpus of music is far superior? Everyone knows Quik has consistently made better music than Dre. And he ain't broke. Every artist on the rise should aspire to be Quik, not Dre, in my opinion.

On a different note, "The Separation" has a lot of really good tracks, I think it's better than the previous Problem mixtapes. Check out the song Bout Mine, Roll Up, and Lay Your Head Back.

He's just being real.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

h2k4

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »

He's just being real.

Yup.  I don't think he's trying to diss but he's stating a fact.  People get into the rap game to become rich.  And I agree, this is one of Problems' better mixtapes.  Some say these beats are very basic but that kind of beat works best for Problem.

BabyBird

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:05:16 PM »
I feel as if they are both tryna force their oppinions , which is why I don't like them

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
Sounds disrespectful to Quik.

Problem sucks anyway!

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »
May I remind all ya'll that Problem was discovered & started his career WITH DJ Quik!
He ha mad love for Quik he simply wants to express his motivation as regards to whart he wants to achieve with his career.

For thos with a short memory (or memory loss syndrome?) or no GENUINE knowledge of West Coast music, here you go...

Problem feat DJ Quik "Problem"
This is Compton's own Problem very first video featuring producer-extraordinaire DJ Quik who sampled Eazy-E's infamous "Boyz N the Hood" instrumental!
Produced by DJ Quik & directed by Donovan Gold.
Further information @ http://www.getnoticedmedia.com/ or http://www.whostheproblem.com/ or http://diamondlanemusicgroup.com/

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:28 AM »
Still sounds disrespectful to Quik :)

And fuck a daily motion. No diss to you ;)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 02:55:58 AM »

He's just being real.

yeah but we arent really judging him on his honesty here, its obviously a question of why would you want to be a guy probably way less talented and someone that hasnt had music in this decade thats been any good (aka hes falling off big time)
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:06 AM »
Art is subjective, there is no better or worse. But more money is always better than less.

Also people can have different goals. Saying you have one goal shouldn't be seen as putting down those who have another. And if he had just said "the goal is to be dre" the meaning wouldn't be as clear... "the goal is to wear sweaters?"... but with the comparison it's crystal, financial success above artistry.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:42 AM »
he could have worded it different but I see what he was saying

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »
it s all about $$$

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
May I remind all ya'll that Problem was discovered & started his career WITH DJ Quik!
He ha mad love for Quik he simply wants to express his motivation as regards to whart he wants to achieve with his career.

For thos with a short memory (or memory loss syndrome?) or no GENUINE knowledge of West Coast music, here you go...

Problem feat DJ Quik "Problem"
This is Compton's own Problem very first video featuring producer-extraordinaire DJ Quik who sampled Eazy-E's infamous "Boyz N the Hood" instrumental!
Produced by DJ Quik & directed by Donovan Gold.
Further information @ http://www.getnoticedmedia.com/ or http://www.whostheproblem.com/ or http://diamondlanemusicgroup.com/

i remember.. quik  always let it be known that problem got next..when asked bout the new west..

the ones think of it as this...

Problem would rather be overrated than...underrated...

still think problem...shouldve let Young Bleed on the Like what...remix...it was his song....

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
who cares?

seeing that you were the first reply in here, you did more than any of us

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
The way it was worded made it sound slightly disrespectful to DJ Quik, but I get the message... I can't say I disagree.  Just because Dr. Dre hasn't released an album in over ten years doesn't mean that he hasn't been doing anything.  Money isn't everything, but like someone else said, people got into the rap game to make legit money... not just from rapping but from other venues, and Dre has more than doubled his fortune in the past couple of years from those other venues.  Look it up... net worth of $360 million, up from his previous net worth of $150 million a few years ago (likely before Beats By Dre took off).  That's WEALTH... the stuff that 10-20 years ago was unheard of for people originally from the community (maybe outside of Russell Simmons)... the stuff that Chris Rock used to joke about ("Shaq is rich; the white man who signs Shaq's check is wealthy").  Quik is sitting on a little over $2 million.  Which one would you choose to be?