Author Topic: Yankees might as well throw a 5-7 year blank check to Robinson Cano...  (Read 118 times)

Hack Wilson - real

he's obviously the best player on the team (besides Mariano...) and even with Jeter, Tex or Granderso healthy he's still the best hitter.  he plays 2nd base (the position with the least offensive talent historically) and son still has another 2-3 prime years + 2-3 okay years left.  I say throw him a 5 year/150 mill contract or 7 years, 200 mill and move him to first base at the end of the deal if he slips defensively.

i know there's a chance another team will offer him more money but he'd be a fool to leave the Yankees.  dude has a chance as to hit rare all time Yankee status...win another ring or two and keep hitting and he's there.

He's on pace for 35-40 homers this year...rare from 2nd basemen who hit for average  8)

MistaNova

He's definitely the Yankees's best hitter hands down. But I have a feeling that whatever the Yankees offer him will be little smaller contract than what the Dodgers offer him. He could stay and cement his place in Yankee history but he'd also be a fool not to take a huge contract that might pay him Pujols and A-Rod money.
I really hope he stays though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Jay will keep him in pinstripes.