Author Topic: Best quote ever said about MLB, especially when it comes to the Royals..  (Read 149 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Not sure who said this, I will have to look it up, but I love this quote:

"Every team loses 60 and every team wins 60.  It's what you do with the games in between that matters!"
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MistaNova

I'm not sure that statement is accurate. I can't see the Astros, Marlins or Angels winning 60 games, I just can't.

Hack Wilson - real

Not sure who said this, I will have to look it up, but I love this quote:

"Every team loses 60 and every team wins 60.  It's what you do with the games in between that matters!"

the 2001 Seattle Mariners only lost 46 games

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
lmfao.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not sure that statement is accurate. I can't see the Astros, Marlins or Angels winning 60 games, I just can't.

Those are exceptions.  He's clearly making a generalization.  And in the Royals case it's pretty much true.  They've had the worst record in baseball over the past couple decades but they still always win at least 60.   

Anyway.. I thought it was a great quote.  It just speaks to the grind of MLB baseball, how fans with a sorry team want to get all excited after 1 win (like I'm guilty of doing over the Royals).  It's kind of like saying.... "GET TO 60 WINS AND THEN WE WILL TALK, UNTIL THEN, SHUT UP"

That's the hard truth I must admit

Hack Wilson - real

Those are exceptions.  He's clearly making a generalization.  And in the Royals case it's pretty much true.  They've had the worst record in baseball over the past couple decades but they still always win at least 60.   

Anyway.. I thought it was a great quote.  It just speaks to the grind of MLB baseball, how fans with a sorry team want to get all excited after 1 win (like I'm guilty of doing over the Royals).  It's kind of like saying.... "GET TO 60 WINS AND THEN WE WILL TALK, UNTIL THEN, SHUT UP"

That's the hard truth I must admit

at least you guys have had 2 winning seasons in the past 20 years, the Pirates would kill for that

• Muthafuckin' Don!

at least you guys have had 2 winning seasons in the past 20 years, the Pirates would kill for that

Pirates are awesome this year.  So they can stop complaining.