Author Topic: Joell Ortiz owns Kendrick Lamar on new diss record  (Read 1719 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Joell Ortiz owns Kendrick Lamar on new diss record
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 09:09:48 PM »
Flex just wants New York cats to step up too. This is a direct challenge to all them cats who claim fake crowns and yet put in no work.

LOL Flex is a fuckin joke please. He plays and drops bombs according to how much insert rapper name heres record label has payed his programming director. If Kendrick wasnt down wit Interscope he'd be another strugglin underground rapper nobody gives a shit about and virtually unknown in NY.

If Jay-Z wasn't down with Def Jam, he'd be a struggling drug dealer who's doing another 10 year bid in prison, your point is?

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »

If Jay-Z wasn't down with Def Jam, he'd be a struggling drug dealer who's doing another 10 year bid in prison, your point is?

uh... Jay Z broke out independently first, he had a distribution deal with Priority Records, he wasn't broke when signing on Def Jam, nor was he a drug dealer anymore lol.

and Kendrick had a huge buzz before being on Interscope, it ain't liked Interscope picked him up from scratch and made him who he currently is. i'm not sure he was struggling like that with TDE alone, more like thriving independently even though he was only known by rap fans only.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »

uh... Jay Z broke out independently first, he had a distribution deal with Priority Records, he wasn't broke when signing on Def Jam, nor was he a drug dealer anymore lol.

and Kendrick had a huge buzz before being on Interscope, it ain't liked Interscope picked him up from scratch and made him who he currently is. i'm not sure he was struggling like that with TDE alone, more like thriving independently even though he was only known by rap fans only.

I was just making up stuff. Of course Kendrick and Jay would be big because they created their own buzz with Roc-A-Fella first being on Priority and TDE being an internet hit. So when BiggSadot said what he said, I countered with another dumb statement.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »
I bet 95% of the cats who replied don't even realize it was a kurupt quote

which line from the song is a Kurupt line? 

"I'M THE KING OF NEW YORK, I'M A MUSLIM ON PORK"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
Kendrick did mix it up a bit, but basically rearranged the lines.

Kendrick:

I'm important like the pope, I'm a muslim on pork
I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both
The juggernaut's all in your jugular, you take me for jokes

Kurupt:

I'm important like the Pope, I'm the king of New York
I'm live from South Central, I'm a Muslim on pork

I think the way Kurupt said it, it's basically all these crazy things, like a Muslim on pork, he's from SC when he's actually from Inglewood, were as Kendrick mixed in King of the Coast which there is some truth to that so his rhyme has a bit more bite. And if New York wasn't thinking the same thing, they wouldn't have reacted. There is some truth that Kendrick is one of the hottest rappers in NY, especially with that Jay-Z remix of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe. So it was a Kurupt quote, but done in a way that had more bite than what Kurupt did. Rakim's son seem to really like it.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
kurupt never said he was from south central.. and the lines were the same, just reversed. i dont think kendrick realized people would take it the way they did.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
kurupt never said he was from south central.. and the lines were the same, just reversed. i dont think kendrick realized people would take it the way they did.

I have no doubt he thought people would get salty. If he didn't, then why mention 'Pac.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
he was just quotin kurupt...wasnt sposta' blow up like it did.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
he was just quotin kurupt...wasnt sposta' blow up like it did.

Yet he added Makaveli, being the King of the Coast. Kurupt didn't do that. He knew what he was doing. People are saying Kendrick is the king of the coast, so there is some element of truth to grab so that people will take that line sideways. That was intentional.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
he just tried to take it and flip it into somethin more extreme...thats what emcees do. it didnt deserve the attention it got.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
he just tried to take it and flip it into somethin more extreme...thats what emcees do. it didnt deserve the attention it got.

It got attention because he mentioned emcees by name. You want attention, you mention emcees by name. So when it was leaked, first the names grabbed attention, then people pressed replay on YouTube and heard the rest. Then people took it how they wanted too. Kendrick wanted the attention, or he wouldn't have called out names.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »
of course he WANTED attention....one would have 2 be dumb 2 argue that

bouli77

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 01:10:33 PM »

I think the way Kurupt said it, it's basically all these crazy things, like a Muslim on pork, he's from SC when he's actually from Inglewood

Kurupt is from Hawthorne, South Central.

"Kurupt from the SC, you wanna test me let's see if you'll survive 45 times"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:14:36 PM by bouli77 »

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
lol thats true......still livin up 2 the title :laugh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »

I think the way Kurupt said it, it's basically all these crazy things, like a Muslim on pork, he's from SC when he's actually from Inglewood

Kurupt is from Hawthorne, South Central.

"Kurupt from the SC, you wanna test me let's see if you'll survive 45 times"

You are right on that. Shit. I have no idea why I was thinking Inglewood.  :P

of course he WANTED attention....one would have 2 be dumb 2 argue that

If Kendrick wanted attention, then he deserves the attention.