Author Topic: Antawn Jamison on Kobe: "Never played with a player who has his mindset/drive"  (Read 554 times)

Sccit

"I would never count Kobe Bryant out of anything," Jamison said Friday in a radio interview on ESPN 710 in Los Angeles. "I've played with some special players. Gilbert Arenas when he was [in Washington D.C], at the top of his game, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal [in Cleveland]. I've played with a lot but never played with an individual player who had the type of mindset, the drive that he has. If [Bryant] says he's going to win a sixth ring, believe me, he's going to do everything possible to get that ring".

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9618713/antawn-jamison-los-angeles-clippers-says-never-count-kobe-bryant-out

jamison knows whatsup

Remedy360

He's right. People can hate dude all they want but nobody can debate the fact that his work ethic/drive are second to none.

DeeezNuuuts83

Yeah, a friend of mine who hates kobe and the lakers posted up some article about Kobe's workout or something. It's pretty rigorous.

Sccit

true..theres never been an athlete as hated, yet as respected as kobe.. same stuff goats are made of.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
true..theres never been an athlete as hated, yet as respected as kobe.. same stuff goats are made of.

I know you'll just think the world "shares" your opinion on this and "has no respect" for him, but in reality, these words can be said for another future Hall of Famer in the NBA right now. ;)

Hack Wilson - real

Ty Cobb was 100x more hated and yet just as respected

Sccit

I know you'll just think the world "shares" your opinion on this and "has no respect" for him, but in reality, these words can be said for another future Hall of Famer in the NBA right now. ;)

lol@if u think lebron is nearly as respected as kobe

Remedy360

Ty Cobb was 100x more hated and yet just as respected

I didn't know you were old enough to have watched Ty Cobb play.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

lol@if u think lebron is nearly as respected as kobe

Best player on the planet by seventeen thousand miles. Yeah, who respects things like that. ::)

Sccit

Barry bonds was the best player in baseball and was not respected at all.. Sometimes, respect extends past athletic ability.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He was before steroids lol. When he "cleanly" hit 73, he was a godly figure.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
LeBron is very similar to Bonds.

Before steroids, Bonds was respected and people said he was the best players on the planet. Same with LeBron. (in both cases, they were wrong as Ken Griffey and Kobe Bryant were)

After steroids, both were the most physically dominating players in their games history.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bonds was already leading the league in OBP, Slugging and OPS in the early 90's. Griffey was just the fan favorite because he was such a boss nigga.

Remedy360

Bonds was already leading the league in OBP, Slugging and OPS in the early 90's. Griffey was just the fan favorite because he was such a boss nigga.

Arguably the greatest CF of all time too. Bonds was good in the field but wasn't the human highlight reel that Griffey was.

Sccit

LeBron is very similar to Bonds.

Before steroids, Bonds was respected and people said he was the best players on the planet. Same with LeBron. (in both cases, they were wrong as Ken Griffey and Kobe Bryant were)

After steroids, both were the most physically dominating players in their games history.

lol