Author Topic: 2013 Broncos are the best offense of this millennium  (Read 590 times)

Hack Wilson - real

2013 Broncos are the best offense of this millennium
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »
the 1999 Rams are the best offense ever.  This fact will never change....Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, Az Hakim, Ricky Phoehl etc.

but the 2007 Patriots are the #1 offensive team of this millenium but that is all about to change this year with the Broncos signing of Wes Welker.  the 2006 Chargers, 2003-2009 Colts were up there every year, and the Chiefs even had a few years of offensive greatness.  But the 2007 Patriots set the bar for this millennium.  but to this years broncos it doesn't even MATTER to them that von miller is out the first 6 weeks for doing exstacy    (he's a top 5-10 defense player in the entire league)

manning has too man weapons...Demerious Thomas is a #1 receiver on 25 teams but on Denver he is the new #2 with the addition of Welker.  their offensive line is actually not as good as it could be due to key injuries but as long as you have Manning and his crew of WR's you're fine.  plus this Thomas kid at TE is a TD machine so far.  not sure how i feel long term about Moreno/Ball as your RB punch but they are both good backs.  there's a great chance Peyton throws 45-51 TD's this year...51 would obviously be the new record.  I think he wants it just to spite his haters.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 2013 Broncos are the best offense of this millennium
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
Possibly. Not until they surpass Tom.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »

9 Tds and 0 picks after 2 games

and they haven't even played the Gayders wack defense yet

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »
50-8. 16-0.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
Peyton's 49 TD season actually had a higher QB rating because Brady needed 100 more pass attempts to get that 50th TD ;)

16-0 really means nothing without a SB win though.  i'd rather go 9-7 and win the SB than 16-0 and lose, for example.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
The 04 Colts were a better offense than the 07 Patriots, and the current Broncos (so far). Of course a lot of that has to do with Peyton Manning being in his absolute prime that year. They only lost that year due to severe weather in New England, a lot of illegal contact from the NE DBs, and a video tape of their practices leading up to the game.

Brady threw 50 in 07 because Bill wanted to run up the score against coaches that spoke out about him. Manning had 49TDs scoring earlier in games and sitting when the the games were out of reach, and then not even playing the 16th game of the season. Back up Jim Sorgi threw for 2 TDs that game.

The only greatest that belongs to the 07 Pats is the greatest "Missing Rings" episode of America's Game on the NFL Network.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
Lol @ comparing quarterback to quarterback when the question clearly states "better offense"...including the other ten players.

For literally years on this forum you've said how the offensive line, the weapons, the coaching, the atmosphere, the media's hype, the moon to sun ratio are all factors into why Tom Brady appears to be better than he is and Peyton to the uneducated eye. Now Peyton's undermanned, under coached, under talented 04 team is a better total and complete offense?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
well the Patriots and Broncos both lack a star running back so it's not like we can mention them.

It will be interesting to see what this Broncos tight end does the rest of this year...could have monster numbers

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »
Peyton's 49 TD season actually had a higher QB rating because Brady needed 100 more pass attempts to get that 50th TD ;)

16-0 really means nothing without a SB win though.  i'd rather go 9-7 and win the SB than 16-0 and lose, for example.

luckiest play ever?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 12:07:27 AM »

9 Tds and 0 picks after 2 games

and they haven't even played the Gayders wack defense yet

their schedule's gotta get tougher though, right?  the giants are a terrible team right now and theyre playing the raiders week 3 which means more padded stats

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »
more lucky than the immaculate reception?  or the herman edwards fumble recovery in the meadowlands?

hell naw

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »
more lucky than the immaculate reception?  or the herman edwards fumble recovery in the meadowlands?

hell naw

dude catches the ball on his helmet and wins game

not even with team the next year

i'd say thats pretty lucky

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

hell naw

dude catches the ball on his helmet and wins game

not even with team the next year

i'd say thats pretty lucky

only reason he wasn't on the team is because he got hurt.  and the Patriots still had the chance to stop the Giants and win 14-10 but they gave up a TD pass to Plaxico

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Lol @ comparing quarterback to quarterback when the question clearly states "better offense"...including the other ten players.

For literally years on this forum you've said how the offensive line, the weapons, the coaching, the atmosphere, the media's hype, the moon to sun ratio are all factors into why Tom Brady appears to be better than he is and Peyton to the uneducated eye. Now Peyton's undermanned, under coached, under talented 04 team is a better total and complete offense?

Mainly because of how good Peyton was that year. It's like saying the 93 Bulls were a better team than the 86 Celtics because of how good Jordan was that year. With out the Jordan and with out Larry the 86 Celts probably beat the 93 Bulls every time in almost every category. But Jordan was so good those years he took a lesser team and made it better than a better team.

I just threw those years out there for arguments sake. I didn't really think about what year was the best Jordan year or if it would have beaten the 86 Celts.

Do I think the 04 Colts with out Peyton would have been a real threat? No. Do I think other offenses with an 04 Peyton as their QB would have far surpassed the 04 Colts offense? Yes. But because Peyton was so good that year the 04 Colts stand as the best offense of the new millennium.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
the year the Celtics curbstomped the Rockets in the finals (was that 86?) that Celtics team was RIDICULOUSLY talented.  one of the best teams ever.  lead by the best player ever  8)