Author Topic: Shallow, I told you Cassel was not that bad. Getting vindication in Minnesota  (Read 370 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I'm happy for Matt Cassel.  This dude took the lowly Chiefs to a 10-6 record one year and played in a Pro Bowl.  The following year he was having a decent year but got injured.  Somehow everyone decided that Cassel was the problem in KC and he became the most hated man in town.  It was not deserved.  The guy was a decent quarterback.

Definitely better than Christian Ponder and almost as good as Alex Smith.   The Vikings are going to start winning some games now with Cassel winning the job with his excellent performance today.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

just one game

meanwhile Alex Smith is back to playoff form on the Chiefs and the 49ers are 2-2 with Colin Krippernick

• Muthafuckin' Don!
just one game

meanwhile Alex Smith is back to playoff form on the Chiefs and the 49ers are 2-2 with Colin Krippernick

Look, me praising Cassel was not a slight on Alex Smith.  I love both of those guys.  I still think Alex Smith is better than Cassel, but not by much.

RG3 > Kappernick > Smith > Cassel > Ponder

...I'm not ready to get off the Kappernick bandwagon just yet.  Nor am I ready to give up on RG3... at least not yet.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I don't think he's all that bad. I just pointed out that he looks like an outright pro bowl stud when playing in the same system Brady plays in, both in NE and in year 2 in KC with Wies, and looks often terrible outside that system. I certainly think he' is capable of being as good as Smith is paying right now.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't think he's all that bad. I just pointed out that he looks like an outright pro bowl stud when playing in the same system Brady plays in, both in NE and in year 2 in KC with Wies, and looks often terrible outside that system. I certainly think he' is capable of being as good as Smith is paying right now.

Word... You being a Charlie Wiess worshipper and all... you realize he's still out here in Kansas City coaching college football now?  He's the head coach of Kansas and they have been horrible with him as head coach.

I mean, I agree with pretty much everything you've said you've been provin right, but what the hell is up with his failures at Notre Dame and now even worse at KU?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

Word... You being a Charlie Wiess worshipper and all... you realize he's still out here in Kansas City coaching college football now?  He's the head coach of Kansas and they have been horrible with him as head coach.

I mean, I agree with pretty much everything you've said you've been provin right, but what the hell is up with his failures at Notre Dame and now even worse at KU?

I never said he could run a team. I said he can run a system that makes QBs look like studs. So far Charlie hasn't had a QB at Kansas that's been with him more than a year. Look at Brady Quinn's Notre Dame numbers. Look at Jimmy Clausen's numbers. Had Charlie convinced Romeo to come to ND or Kansas with him you may have seen some BCS titles.

But I'd never take Charlie as HC on my team.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I never said he could run a team. I said he can run a system that makes QBs look like studs. So far Charlie hasn't had a QB at Kansas that's been with him more than a year. Look at Brady Quinn's Notre Dame numbers. Look at Jimmy Clausen's numbers. Had Charlie convinced Romeo to come to ND or Kansas with him you may have seen some BCS titles.

But I'd never take Charlie as HC on my team.

fair enough