Author Topic: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"  (Read 2639 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 03:02:33 AM »
Elano likes these two because they both have gay, black sons.

I didn't know their sons were gay, but obviously you got a radar for the fags since you're one of them :loser:

Mietek23

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »
gave him a breather?  lmao

yea..that break was a chance for him to take a rest and come back re-energized...what the fuc is so funny?

Michael wasen't tired physically, when he retired for the first time - he was rather "burned out", lost his love for the game itself and needed a step back.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »

yea..that break was a chance for him to take a rest and come back re-energized...what the fuc is so funny?

Michael wasen't tired physically, when he retired for the first time - he was rather "burned out", lost his love for the game itself and needed a step back.

Either way, the break helped him

Mietek23

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »

Not quite. That's debatable - he retired in his prime and wasen't the same player coming back.

Have he not retired, the Bulls could've won 8 or maybe even 9 tittles in a row, had they not break-up in 1999. The truth is - we will never know, so let's stop it right there.

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
Magic was 5-11 as a Coach, I fully realize that his record was only through 16 games, but it was a real bad 16 games. As an executive, what did he really do? He owned 5% of the Lakers. All direction came from Dr. Buss or Jerry West (later Mitch Kupchak) in terms of running the team.

Jordan has been terrible. He's made some very bad decisions as an Executive and Owner.

Both of them need to call Larry Bird up. He was a pretty good Coach and a good Executive, too.

As far as what would have happened had Magic never tested HIV Postive.. no one knows. What we do know is that the team hovered at or around .500 for the 3 years following Magic's retirement. They were bounced in the 1st round twice and missed the playoffs all together in 94. They were not that good.

In the year after Jordan retired the team was good enough to push the Knicks to 7 games in the 2nd round. The next season, Jordan played in 17 regular season games and was still getting his legs back after close to 2 years of not playing. They took the Magic to 6 games in the 2nd round.

Add a healthy Magic and a full season of Michael to those teams. I'll give the Lakers a shot at the WCF, but I don't know that they were good enough to beat those Blazers or Suns teams. In the 93-94 season, I don't think that Laker teams make it out of the first round. Those Bulls in 93-94 & 94-95 make it to the Finals, no doubt and according to Phil:

"Jackson agreed with the argument that the Rockets' championships were tainted because Michael Jordan was out of the league for the first of their title seasons and much of the next. 'Definitely,' Jackson said. 'Without a doubt. Clearly, if the Bulls were whole, we would have won. It's pretty much registered by now. When Michael played, we won the championship.'"
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Magic was 5-11 as a Coach, I fully realize that his record was only through 16 games, but it was a real bad 16 games. As an executive, what did he really do? He owned 5% of the Lakers. All direction came from Dr. Buss or Jerry West (later Mitch Kupchak) in terms of running the team.

Jordan has been terrible. He's made some very bad decisions as an Executive and Owner.

Both of them need to call Larry Bird up. He was a pretty good Coach and a good Executive, too.

As far as what would have happened had Magic never tested HIV Postive.. no one knows. What we do know is that the team hovered at or around .500 for the 3 years following Magic's retirement. They were bounced in the 1st round twice and missed the playoffs all together in 94. They were not that good.

In the year after Jordan retired the team was good enough to push the Knicks to 7 games in the 2nd round. The next season, Jordan played in 17 regular season games and was still getting his legs back after close to 2 years of not playing. They took the Magic to 6 games in the 2nd round.

Add a healthy Magic and a full season of Michael to those teams. I'll give the Lakers a shot at the WCF, but I don't know that they were good enough to beat those Blazers or Suns teams. In the 93-94 season, I don't think that Laker teams make it out of the first round. Those Bulls in 93-94 & 94-95 make it to the Finals, no doubt and according to Phil:

"Jackson agreed with the argument that the Rockets' championships were tainted because Michael Jordan was out of the league for the first of their title seasons and much of the next. 'Definitely,' Jackson said. 'Without a doubt. Clearly, if the Bulls were whole, we would have won. It's pretty much registered by now. When Michael played, we won the championship.'"

LOL I DONT THINK U GET WHAT HE MEANT BY RUNNING A TEAM

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »

Not quite. That's debatable - he retired in his prime and wasen't the same player coming back.

Have he not retired, the Bulls could've won 8 or maybe even 9 tittles in a row, had they not break-up in 1999. The truth is - we will never know, so let's stop it right there.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT...I THINK THE GENERAL CONSENSUS IS THAT THE BREAK WAS GOOD FOR MJ AND THAT IT HELPED HIM REMAIN A PRIME PLAYER UNTIL THE END OF HIS CAREER...BUT U COULD ARGUE THE OTHER WAY, TOO. IT'S JUST HIGHLY UNLIKELY, IMO.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
Bird is a "good" executive? He's turned Indiana into the second best team in the East...possibly the NBA. He's a God.

Mietek23

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT...I THINK THE GENERAL CONSENSUS IS THAT THE BREAK WAS GOOD FOR MJ AND THAT IT HELPED HIM REMAIN A PRIME PLAYER UNTIL THE END OF HIS CAREER...BUT U COULD ARGUE THE OTHER WAY, TOO. IT'S JUST HIGHLY UNLIKELY, IMO.

I go with what Phil said - it would be a great battle between Chicago and Houston (would love to watch it). It could go both ways, but I do believe the Bulls could pull it off. I do agree, that when MJ came back in 1995, he had a fresh mindset and some of the media pressure from late 93 was off his back, tho.

Still, statistic-wise and career-wise - both of his retirements did more bad than good in my opinion.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »

I go with what Phil said - it would be a great battle between Chicago and Houston (would love to watch it). It could go both ways, but I do believe the Bulls could pull it off. I do agree, that when MJ came back in 1995, he had a fresh mindset and some of the media pressure from late 93 was off his back, tho.

Still, statistic-wise and career-wise - both of his retirements did more bad than good in my opinion.

it can be debated, but at the end of the day, we dont know...what we do know is that he CHOSE to take a break.

with Magic, it's a lil different...he was FORCED to retire in his prime, at the age of 31, after a Finals appearance in the first season of Mike Dunleavy's coaching career....when Michael was 31, he only had 3 of his 6 titles. history would be a lot different if it wasn't for magic's forced retirement.

and the fact that the Lakers completely fell off the radar once Magic retired, while the Bulls were still contending when Michael retired, only further proves Magic's statement of him being much more important in terms of running a team. the Lakers suffered much more without Magic than the Bulls did without Michael.

Magic=GOAT....only Kobe winning 7 titles can change that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
Magic=GOAT.

I thought there was ten GOATs who are all interchangeable?

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 06:31:15 PM »
Magic isn't even better than Larry Bird, how can he be the greatest?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
Magic isn't even better than Larry Bird, how can he be the greatest?

lmao magic started beating on larry in college and continued the tradition all throughout his career....

bird's up there, tho

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »
in essence, he's saying he's the better overall player

which is blasphemy.  Jordan was better in every way.  But Jordan didn't need to throw pussy assists when he could run down the lane 1-5 and just start dunking on niccaz!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)